Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If that REALLY IS what he meant Hard to get the idea due to the lack of proper punctuation/spelling.
    Wish folks would actually proof read what they write versus depending on the auto-checks(or something like that)

I do agree with your premise Ox
    Warbird Charlie
    HSD Skyraider FlightLine OV-10 FMS 1400: P-40B, P-51, F4U, F6F, T-28, P-40E, Pitts, 1700 F4U & F7F, FOX glider Freewing A-6, T-33, P-51 Dynam ME-262, Waco TF Giant P-47; ESM F7F-3 LX PBJ-1 EFL CZ T-28, C-150, 1500 P-51 & FW-190

Comment

• Let me clarify for the satisfaction of the punctuation police and the spelling gestapo, what I actually meant was that 2 lower Mah batteries would be lighter than 2 -5000Mah lipos and would probably yield a sufficient flight time. Unless you are one of the full throttle all the way type of flyers and aren't judicious with throttle management, I'm sure you could get an enjoyable flight experience with a lower Mah Lipo duo.

Comment

• ‘Punctuation and Spelling Gestapos’ is a bit over the top. We all make make typos when posting. But, your post had so many that we couldn’t figure out what you were intending to say.

I’ve decided to go with a single 8AH 6S batt, which effectively does what you’re suggesting. With the 5055s that I’m running, which are only pulling 60A (static), while delivering over 1300 Watts, each, I’m actually felling pretty confident about getting 5 minutes of flight time.
        ---
        Warbirder

Comment

• Spelling Gestapo, you guys crack me up! "everybody knows the internet is for FREE exchange of thought! regaurless oph hou itts spelt.

Joe
          Platt: fw190d9 Dynaflite:PT-19 IMP:Macchi202 ESM:fw190 ESM:Tank, Hien Jackson:DH-2 BH:macchi200 Extr:fw190 Holman:me109F H9spit2 FL:F4u,spit 9 FW:me262 GP:us60, Stuka, cub, F4u PZ:me109, albi EF Hurri, T-28 FMS: 2x fw190, me109 Lone Star:Skat Kat RSCombat:2xfw190d9

Comment

• So here I sit trying to make a final decision on which motors to go with (and then ESC's), and the cost, when I get an email that MotionRC is announcing a new product tomorrow. Since the last thing was the T-33, and there hasn't been a large warbird since the 1600mm Corsair...

Comment

• Originally posted by MrSmoothie View Post
              So here I sit trying to make a final decision on which motors to go with (and then ESC's), and the cost, when I get an email that MotionRC is announcing a new product tomorrow. Since the last thing was the T-33, and there hasn't been a large warbird since the 1600mm Corsair...
              Yeah, my curiosity is peaked, too. Having just bought the T-33 and the Do-335, I probably can’t grab anything else for a while. I am curious. If it’s a Cub or a Mustang, I’ll probably scream though. Or, on the up side, I wouldn’t be tempted to buy one.
              ---
              Warbirder

Comment

• If it’s a Cub or a Mustang, I’ll probably scream though.
                I'm on the record (RCG posts) as predicting a big P-51D would make the most sense, business-wise, given how long in the tooth the 1400 & 1700mm FMS Mustangs are -- and then in a few months Eflite came out with theirs. While I have no doubt that Flightline would make a better one, let's hope it's not yet another case of two companies introducing, basically, the same plane!

Well, I decided to go full-in, and start on my Pfeil. I started repairing my lower fuselage damage yesterday, ordered servos, and just now ordered a pair of Leopard 5055-390kv motors. If you have never seen a Leopard motor in person, they're very impressive and come in quite a range of sizes and kv. I thought briefly about going to their next higher kv in that size -- 430kv -- but have the feeling I'd have to give up the big 16x10x3 props which we already know will work with the 390kv motor.

BTW, the kit's steel landing gear struts are the heaviest I've ever seen. The springs strike me as way too stiff, not that I see it as easy to change them. I wasted a few minutes looking at some really long alloy oleo struts offered by Hobbyking, knowing that if they had something that might work, they'd be backordered. They did not disappoint.

Comment

• I will say that of all of my larger foamies, my 1.7m Ferocious Frankie is my least favorite. It flies just fine, and is very predictable and easy to fly. It's flying speed is probably scale, but I find that I get bored with its top end flying speed. I hardly ever fly it any more. I'll go for the 1.6m Flightline Spitty over the 1.7m FMS Mustang almost every time. It's only when someone asks specifically to see the Mustang fly that I'll throw a battery in it and fly it. I have a lot of a warbirds and many of them don't get flown much, but when I do fly them, I thoroughly enjoy them... except for the FMS Mustang. I should at least repaint it, so that it has a real livery if she's going to be a hangar queen. I hate the livery of the EFlite 1.5m P-51. I doubt that I could ever be tempted into getting another 1.6m or larger P-51, but I could go for a large P-47.
                  ---
                  Warbirder

Comment

• I hate the livery of the EFlite 1.5m P-51.
                    Plus one on that. I can't stand it when they choose, for mass production, a scheme that was applied to one or two show planes (which is the case with the blue Mustang). This also goes for the Avios Mig 17.

Well, by now you've seen the big MotionRC product announcement? Boy, could I have been MORE WRONG??? Looks to me like MRC is hedging their bets for when the FAA shuts down the RC hobby entirely... I'm only half-joking.

By the way, I was actually kind of relieved that there wasn't a new $500 plane that I couldn't live without. This time, at least...

Comment

• Originally posted by MrSmoothie View Post

Plus one on that. I can't stand it when they choose, for mass production, a scheme that was applied to one or two show planes (which is the case with the blue Mustang). This also goes for the Avios Mig 17.

Well, by now you've seen the big MotionRC product announcement? Boy, could I have been MORE WRONG??? Looks to me like MRC is hedging their bets for when the FAA shuts down the RC hobby entirely... I'm only half-joking.

By the way, I was actually kind of relieved that there wasn't a new $500 plane that I couldn't live without. This time, at least...
                      If I ever get the gear working reliably on my MiG-19, I'm going to repaint it to be a N. Vietnamese MiG (modeling the one that's on display in the Wright-Patt USAF Museum. At first, I liked the Arctic Camo, but quickly starting disliking it. I'm also with you on the Saving $500. If it'd been a cool twin, I'd probably have gone for it.

I ordered the pusher spinner from TruTurn a couple days ago and a 6S-8AH battery from CNHL. Those are the only two things that I lack, to get my 335 ready to fly. I'm running my RX Bus on 2S voltage, but have a low-voltage servo (WarbirdsPilots 1/7 - 1/8 scale Luftwaffe Pilot head) and a landing light LED. I'm tapping off of one ESC for the 5.5vdc to power those two components. So, my wiring is kind of a mess. I plan to work this evening on cleaning up that rat's nest, while I wait on my spinner and battery to arrive. She's getting close to being ready to fly...

---
                      Warbirder

Comment

• Oxotnik Would you mind posting the exact Tru-Turn pusher spinner that you ordered? Thanks Chris

Comment

• Originally posted by downwind3zero View Post
                          Oxotnik Would you mind posting the exact Tru-Turn pusher spinner that you ordered? Thanks Chris
                          Certainly. It's the TT-3323-B-120. http://www.truturn.com/cgi-bin/store...exact_match=on

3 1/4" dia, Ultimate shape. Tell them the exact prop that you'll be using. For an extra $10 or so, they'll cut it for pusher props. Wendy, at TruTurn was very helpful via email, in determining exactly which spinner and options that I needed.

Are you planning to use the Spitty 5055-390 or another motor? If the Spitty motor, you'll have to change out the prop adapter to either the FlightLine Corsair 10mm adapter or the EFlite Extra 300 8mm prop adapter. And you'll have to open of the hole in the backplate to fit over the 'nut' at the rear of the prop adapter, or file off the 'nut'.
                          ---
                          Warbirder

Comment

• Thank you very much!

Comment

• Originally posted by downwind3zero View Post
                              Thank you very much!
                              You're welcome. BTW, you could go a little smaller diameter if you wanted. I think that the stock red plastic spinners were 3 1/8" dia, and a 3" would probably look just fine, too.

---
                              Warbirder

Comment

• Yes, that's correct. I did get this one for the front : TT-3103-B and had them slot it for MAS 3 blade.

Comment

• Click image for larger version

Name:	8CCB6C53-9DD1-463F-B5DB-FCDC565802B3.jpeg
Views:	567
Size:	68.8 KB
ID:	243949

Thanks, Callie. The 335 is now properly marked. :-)

Attached Files
                                  ---
                                  Warbirder

Comment

• All I need is a the aft pusher spinner and my 335 will be ready to fly. The waiting is friggin' killing me! :-/

Have I mentioned that I put a full-body WarbirdsPilots.com Luftwaffe pilot (1/7 - 1/8 scale, 10" tall) in the cockpit? He looks great in the cockpit, one hand on the yoke, the other on the throttle. For the full body pilot to fit, I cut leg holes under the instrument panel and his fee straddle the wheel well. I did take his boots off though. Please don't tell Goering. He'd probably burst a blood vessel if he knew that a pilot was flying out of uniform. I also had to cut the seat out of the pilot's chair, to let the parachute hang down.

https://www.warbirdpilots.com/produc...lot-figure.htm

The pilot was a bit pricy, but he looks great in the cockpit.

---
                                    Warbirder

Comment

• For you guys that may be ordering TruTurn aluminum spinners. I special ordered the pusher motor spinner from TruTurn and am having them anodize it black. The tractor spinner, however, I found on the shelf of my LHS. It’s also a TruTurn, although it’s a little larger than scale. To blacken it, I grabbed a rattlecan and of Krylon Fusion all-in-one Matte Black, and it went on to the aluminum spinner beautifully.

I’m getting close to having her flight ready!!!
                                      ---
                                      Warbirder

Comment

• Oxotnik Looks awesome! Have you gotten the 6S 8k lipo yet? If so, do you think it will balance within range?

While I'm impatiently waiting for the motor for the Black Horse Gilmore to arrive, I got started on my 335.

Wing servos and horns in. Put on a set of Robart 3 1/2" diamond tread wheels. They work fine. Had to shorten the axel bolt and install 3 ea. 5mm washers as spacers for the tire to clear the strut. Also found out that one of the retract mount blocks was milled a little too deep, causing the retract to bind a bit when retracted. A couple of washers under the wheel end of the retract put it back where it shound be.

Click image for larger version

Name:	DO335-2.jpg
Views:	602
Size:	63.0 KB
ID:	244126Click image for larger version

Name:	D0335-1.jpg
Views:	598
Size:	197.5 KB
ID:	244127

Comment

• Oxo, with that big prop and big and long black front spinner, it is one menacing looking war bird. I half expected the pilot to wave when I saw how realistic it appears. Anything with feathers and anyone on the ground will most certainly be afraid of it. Heads will turn. Look forward to reading your flight reviews and how this power setup performed. Like a rocket comes to mind.

Comment

Working...
                                          X