X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• P-51 850mm Binding

850mm P-51 with Admiral RX600 DSMP receiver. Not binding to my Spectrum DX6. All connections, are correct by the book. Battery is a brand new fully charged Admiral 4S2200. All binding procedures are by the book. Any suggestions? I'm thinking product malfunction somewhere.

Originally posted by SHOTGUN40 View Post
    850mm P-51 with Admiral RX600 DSMP receiver. Not binding to my Spectrum DX6. All connections, are correct by the book. Battery is a brand new fully charged Admiral 4S2200. All binding procedures are by the book. Any suggestions? I'm thinking product malfunction somewhere.
    Have you tried moving away from the model.
    For some reason Spectrum has trouble binding when close to the model/RX.
    Even try from another room.

LURCH

Comment

Thanks Taz, just tried it out. No luck. I appreciate your help. Stay safe mate!

Comment

What brand of P-51 is it and what kind of ESC is in it? I'm asking because I'm wondering if you have an "opto" ESC in it, whereby, you need an external BEC to power the RX.

Comment

xviper, Thanks for responding, it's a Flightline P-51 850mm with a Flightline 30 Amp ESC

Comment

That model should have a built-in BEC in the ESC, so as long as the polarity of the throttle lead plug is correct, the RX should power up. Does it have an indicator light that shows it's getting power?

Comment

Tried everything, finally took a spectrum AR6600T from an aircraft that needed major repair and put it in and she worked great. I think the receiver, (Admiral RX600 is not functioning at all). Going to contact Motion RC to see about a replacement as I only ordered it a couple of weeks ago and I just took it out of the bag yesterday. Thanks for your help xviper, "you da man!"

Comment

Welcome to the forums Shot gun. Being retired Navy I have to ask about your picture. Appears to be Midway class but not the Midway. Maybe the Coral Sea? Were you Navy? I guess also could be Essex like the Oriskany too...

Edit, yes I'll go with the Oriskany. One of the three big fires back in the 60-70's...

Comment

Evan D, It is the Mighty "O". I did 4 Westpacs 70, 71, 72 & 73-74 with VA-155. Go NAVY!

Comment

Thank you for your service sir! I also worked A-7’s in VA-66 along with A-6’s in VA-115 and ES-3’s in VQ-5. Rest of my time was mostly AIMD and cal labs. Did work OMD at Pensacola and a helo det on the USNS San Jose. Lots of dets to lots of places...

Originally posted by SHOTGUN40 View Post
                    Evan D, It is the Mighty "O". I did 4 Westpacs 70, 71, 72 & 73-74 with VA-155. Go NAVY!

Comment

Thank you for your service as well my man. By the way that is a hell of an aircraft your holding up in your bio pic. Fair winds and following seas shipmate!

Comment

My little electric airplane... When that was taken it was Gas... It now has a huge electric set up in it. That pic was one that was in the AMA magazine...

Comment

Well done!

Comment

Working...
                          X