X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Freewing p51 mustang vs E Flite P51 1200 MM

I can't decide between these two planes. Freewing looks like its an older release but better equipment (landing gear, lights etc) without Safe. E flite looks good and has safe. I have been flying for 20 years but have been off for about 5-6 years so I'm a little rusty. I don't know if I would really need the safe or not.

what would you do? (not considering the price difference)

the freewing stuff is a little higher quality level IMHO but I have no experience with how it flys. I know someone with the e-flight p51 and she is a good flyer. WRT safe I use one as a trainer just to have people try it but if they want to continue to fly I quickly get them off it as safe teaches bad habits. hope this helps
    rc flyin addict

Comment

What about the new 1500mm from EFlite?

Comment

Originally posted by Evan D View Post
        a little out of budget since I'm also planning on buying a 70 mm EDF.

Comment

It is a bit pricey...

Comment

Originally posted by Evan D View Post
            Avoid it

Comment

Originally posted by becevit View Post
              I can't decide between these two planes. Freewing looks like its an older release but better equipment (landing gear, lights etc) without Safe. E flite looks good and has safe. I have been flying for 20 years but have been off for about 5-6 years so I'm a little rusty. I don't know if I would really need the safe or not.

what would you do? (not considering the price difference)
              Get the flightline parts are available it's a solid 4 cell and has landing lights

I've heard it to be tail heavy so just watch the cg

As for the Eflite model I suspect underated esc parts unavailability will be the norm

Comment

Just what Flightline Mustang are you suggesting he get?

The new EFlite 1500 is a solid plane as was the FMS 1450. I agree it is pricey and replacement parts for EFlite are also expensive but the new 1500 is better than the Flightline if looking at the 1200 size class...

Originally posted by Johnnyrabuse View Post

Get the flightline parts are available it's a solid 4 cell and has landing lights

I've heard it to be tail heavy so just watch the cg

As for the Eflite model I suspect underated esc parts unavailability will be the norm

Comment

I have the new p51 from Eflite retracts and wheels are substandard

The unavailability of simple props replacement retracts is unacceptable for a 509 dollar model

Say whatever you want myself I'll never buy a plane Fromm HH again and FMS is on my avoid at all cost lists

Unless I really want an airframe then I'll install my own electronics

And frankly none of eflites airframes currently are worth it to me

Comment

Working...
                  X