You must Sign-in or Register to post messages in the Hobby Squawk community
Registration is FREE and only takes a few moments

Register now

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Official FlightLine OV-10 Bronco Discussion Thread: --Pre-Order is Open Now!

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Ahh, CB and a Bronco!! Like Fozzie Bear in his natural habitat, a Studebaker, or like Shrek and Donkey, Roy and Trigger, Gus and the Captain, Batman and Robin, I could go on......but I could just say congrats Charlie and great to hear everything went well!!

    Grossman56
    Team Gross!

    Comment


    • Great Report W. C. Way to Go on the maiden flights; Kant wait for pics & new videos to come 😁 😋
      Narly

      Comment


      • Congrats on the maiden Warbird I've loved that plane since I first saw them n the training squadron in Texas back in '69' glad it's going to be my first twin.

        Comment


        • Thanx to TJ for the pics of the OV10's back in the saddle adventure.
          All pics are of the second flight after getting the flap/ele mix conundrum worked out and the trims done.
          ( click on the pics for larger views)

          Loading battery and then pre-maiden glam shot in obligatory CV19 attire

          Click image for larger version  Name:	OV10 Maiden_01.jpg Views:	0 Size:	278.2 KB ID:	256159Click image for larger version  Name:	OV10 Maiden_02.jpg Views:	0 Size:	201.9 KB ID:	256160

          Takeoff and flyby with 20 degree takeoff flaps

          Click image for larger version  Name:	OV10 Maidens_04.jpg Views:	0 Size:	176.0 KB ID:	256161Click image for larger version  Name:	OV10 Maidens_06.jpg Views:	0 Size:	34.0 KB ID:	256162


          Slow figure 8 passes with 40 degree landing flaps

          Click image for larger version  Name:	OV10 Maidens_07.jpg Views:	0 Size:	29.3 KB ID:	256163Click image for larger version  Name:	OV10 Maidens_08.jpg Views:	0 Size:	33.2 KB ID:	256164

          Click image for larger version  Name:	OV10 Maidens_09.jpg Views:	0 Size:	23.7 KB ID:	256165Click image for larger version  Name:	OV10 Maidens_10.jpg Views:	0 Size:	33.8 KB ID:	256166

          Click image for larger version  Name:	OV10 Maidens_11.jpg Views:	0 Size:	41.3 KB ID:	256167Click image for larger version  Name:	OV10 Maidens_12.jpg Views:	0 Size:	45.7 KB ID:	256168

          High speed passes

          Click image for larger version  Name:	OV10 Maidens_13.jpg Views:	0 Size:	36.1 KB ID:	256169Click image for larger version  Name:	OV10 Maidens_14.jpg Views:	0 Size:	32.3 KB ID:	256170


          More slow full flap handling test

          Click image for larger version  Name:	OV10 Maidens_15.jpg Views:	0 Size:	82.1 KB ID:	256171Click image for larger version  Name:	OV10 Maidens_16.jpg Views:	0 Size:	36.0 KB ID:	256172

          Perfect touchdown and taxi back to the air boss


          Click image for larger version  Name:	OV10 Maidens_17.jpg Views:	0 Size:	421.6 KB ID:	256173Click image for larger version  Name:	OV10 Maidens_18.jpg Views:	0 Size:	202.9 KB ID:	256174


          Had to take that damn mask off to show off my back on the saddle eatin grin

          Click image for larger version  Name:	OV10 Maiden_03.jpg Views:	0 Size:	171.7 KB ID:	256175
          Warbird Charlie
          HSD Skyraider; FlightLine: OV-10, Sea Fury; FMS 1400: P-40B, P-51, F4U, F6F, T-28, P-40E, 1700 F4U & F7F, FOX glider; Freewing: A-6, P-51; VQ: P-39; Dynam: ME-262, FW-190, Waco; ASM A-26; ESM F7F-3; LX PBJ-1 EFL CZ T-28, C-150

          Comment


          • Looks good Charlie!
            See the weather is descent, great to see. Looks to me like you're in the middle of a field surrounded by air the masks suck! (I know, have to wear one 8 hours a day at work! Can't wait for this to be over!!!!)

            Grossman56
            Team Gross!

            Comment


            • While waiting for this plane to arrive I am trying to find some room for it in my house. After watching the build vid that James did, I didn't realize how big this plane is.

              Comment


              • Alpha, What is the height of the elevator, with wheels down, from the table top to the top of the elevator? I ordered one and now am wondering if it will fit in the bed of my truck with the cover down.

                Comment


                • Originally posted by Mad Baron View Post
                  While waiting for this plane to arrive I am trying to find some room for it in my house. After watching the build vid that James did, I didn't realize how big this plane is.
                  A problem that many of us are about to face.

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by desertdrifter7 View Post
                    Alpha, What is the height of the elevator, with wheels down, from the table top to the top of the elevator? I ordered one and now am wondering if it will fit in the bed of my truck with the cover down.
                    desertdrifter7 The vert stab is about a 1/2" taller than the horizontal stab and there are some antenna perched on top of the verticals.
                    With the Bronco sitting on it's gear the height to the top of the antennas is 17.5 inch.
                    If you have a full size pickup like my F-150 which is 21" tall from bed to tonneau cover then no problem.
                    Warbird Charlie
                    HSD Skyraider; FlightLine: OV-10, Sea Fury; FMS 1400: P-40B, P-51, F4U, F6F, T-28, P-40E, 1700 F4U & F7F, FOX glider; Freewing: A-6, P-51; VQ: P-39; Dynam: ME-262, FW-190, Waco; ASM A-26; ESM F7F-3; LX PBJ-1 EFL CZ T-28, C-150

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by OV10 View Post

                      desertdrifter7 The vert stab is about a 1/2" taller than the horizontal stab and there are some antenna perched on top of the verticals.
                      With the Bronco sitting on it's gear the height to the top of the antennas is 17.5 inch.
                      If you have a full size pickup like my F-150 which is 21" tall from bed to tonneau cover then no problem.
                      Thanks, I was wondering the same thing.

                      Comment


                      • Another idea if your limited on height space, retract the gear and make a holder that can hold the fuse and booms then the wings could stand up on each side. Look at the pics that are on the prodeuct page where it shows it sitting in a Robart stand. Make one out of PVC and i think the wings could also nestle up under the horizontal stab to make a nice compact package.

                        Comment


                        • I'm thinking about canceling my pre order for this plane. I simply have no where to store this plane.

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by Mad Baron View Post
                            I'm thinking about canceling my pre order for this plane. I simply have no where to store this plane.
                            There's always room

                            The dining room table,..or..
                            Hang it from the ceiling in your bedroom like we all did with out plastic models. It's cool!

                            Just don't ever ask if you can store your planes in the she shed.

                            ​​​​​​

                            Comment


                            • I already have one on the dining room table, and I have used all my ceiling space. I would store it in my garage but it gets pretty hot out there in the summer and the wasps would build nests on it. The only place I can store it would be my enclosed trailer but it gets warm as well I don't think the foam would hold up in the heat.

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by Mad Baron View Post
                                I already have one on the dining room table, and I have used all my ceiling space. I would store it in my garage but it gets pretty hot out there in the summer and the wasps would build nests on it. The only place I can store it would be my enclosed trailer but it gets warm as well I don't think the foam would hold up in the heat.
                                I live in Texas and all my stuff is stored in the garage and it's hotter than hell in the summer out there during the summer. Hasn't effected any of them , can't help ya with the wasps.

                                Mike.
                                \"When Inverted Down Is Up And Up Is Expensive\"

                                Comment


                                • Did we go to sleep

                                  Comment


                                  • Think I spotted them on Google Earth 😁 Click image for larger version

Name:	container ship.jpg
Views:	112
Size:	12.9 KB
ID:	257870

                                    Comment


                                    • Well I went ahead and cancelled out my preorder. I just don't have the room to store this bird right now, too many planes already I might have to thin out my fleet so in the future I can get this plane.

                                      Comment


                                      • Originally posted by Mad Baron View Post
                                        Well I went ahead and cancelled out my preorder. I just don't have the room to store this bird right now, too many planes already I might have to thin out my fleet so in the future I can get this plane.
                                        I also had to cancel my pre-order of late, for space limitations and but mostly for other reasons. MotionRC was extremely accommodating on this matter, although PayPal screwed me over on the exchange rate even though our dollar is much stronger now than it was when I ordered it originally. However, once I get things sorted out, I will order again.

                                        Comment


                                        • My gimbals are itching for my OV-10.



                                          Comment

                                          Working...
                                          X