X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by rifleman_btx View Post
    Waiting on the check then I'm gonna pull the trigger on this and the flex f100
    We seem to have similar tastes. Both of these planes are on my list for next purchase. I likely won't get both but who knows? Also, I won't pre-order either one. Money is tighter than it's ever been and I'd rather not let it go early. I made that mistake with the Flex Cypher. I paid for it months in advance, thinking the discount was worth it. Then I find out that the discount lasted right until the plane was shipped and there was plenty of stock, even to this very day. The F100 has a measly 20 buck discount if pre-ordered - not enough incentive to fork out money in advance. The OV-10 can also wait till closer to the arrival time. By then, I'll know which one (or both) I'll get. Once purchased, it (or they) will stay in the box for a while as there's no room to store them till I crash something or get of one or two to new owners.

Comment

• Another advantage of wiring the 2 batteries in parallel, is you can put an e-fuel telemetry module in the circuit, so you can set an alarm on your tx to land after you have used 70% of your battery and or a pre-set voltage. There for massively reducing the chance of a ESC hitting a LVC (low voltage cutoff)

Totally agree with what has been said about losing 1 motor if you have 2 batteries wired separately. Been there, done that and it did not end well!

I am twin rated on full size but losing a motor a twin model is a whoooooooole lot different and much harder to handle as you have no warning or gauges i.e airspeed.

By the time you figure out why your model is now suddenly doing a death spiral, you kill the power, stop the rotation, you have now often lost several hundred feet.

Problem with that is, normally when an ESC cuts power is at high amp draw times which creates low voltage and that normally always happens when climbing or high speed passes... both are normally at low altitude.....

Y adapter for me thanks very much!

Another observation from years of flying twin electrics, is even with the same motors, esc's etc and 1 battery, LVC cutout does not always happen at exactly the same time on both motors?

Learnt that one on a HK DC3!

Comment

• Well I broke down and ordered this Bronco. Motion keeps making these great planes and taking my money. I am going to make another parallel adaptor for this new bird like the one I made for my Tigercat.

Comment

• Originally posted by xviper View Post
          We seem to have similar tastes. Both of these planes are on my list for next purchase. I likely won't get both but who knows? Also, I won't pre-order either one. Money is tighter than it's ever been and I'd rather not let it go early. I made that mistake with the Flex Cypher. I paid for it months in advance, thinking the discount was worth it. Then I find out that the discount lasted right until the plane was shipped and there was plenty of stock, even to this very day. The F100 has a measly 20 buck discount if pre-ordered - not enough incentive to fork out money in advance. The OV-10 can also wait till closer to the arrival time. By then, I'll know which one (or both) I'll get. Once purchased, it (or they) will stay in the box for a while as there's no room to store them till I crash something or get of one or two to new owners.
          I hear ya, I've been thinking about it, and those will likely be my last purchases for my self for a while. This virus thing hasn't locked me down too much. Only think I miss is my weekly dr appointment I use to go to. But not going has saved me about 200 a month.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mad Baron View Post
            Well I broke down and ordered this Bronco. Motion keeps making these great planes and taking my money. I am going to make another parallel adaptor for this new bird like the one I made for my Tigercat.
            Parallel adapters are the best way to go with these.

Comment

• Originally posted by rifleman_btx View Post
              Waiting on the check then I'm gonna pull the trigger on this and the flex f100
              I'm really tempted to pick up that F-100 but was waiting on user reports. I did pull the trigger on the OV-10. I have the Pro Fly and it' great but the new one will be easier to transport and to change the scheme..

Mike
              \"When Inverted Down Is Up And Up Is Expensive\"

Comment

• MikeT i have had the chance to see all three now that pro fly OV-10 is fantastic James let me fly his at Nall in the fall. What a bird. The F100 looks like it flys fantastic and it’s bigger than I expected flex planes always fly great but I’m still on the fence on this one. My flex jet is one of my favorite flying jets but the weak landing gear have always gave me issues hopefully that’s not a problem with the 100. The new flightline OV-10 is going to be a fantastic model like the L-39 is for the jet guys the OV-10 will be a great scale trainer for the war bird guys. Got mine on preorder can’t wait to review it. Also F-100 is on preorder so I will report on it also.

Comment

• Originally posted by Merry Boozer RC View Post
                  MikeT i have had the chance to see all three now that pro fly OV-10 is fantastic James let me fly his at Nall in the fall. What a bird. The F100 looks like it flys fantastic and it’s bigger than I expected flex planes always fly great but I’m still on the fence on this one. My flex jet is one of my favorite flying jets but the week landing gear have always gave me issues hopefully that’s not a problem with the 100. The new flightline OV-10 is going to be a fantastic model like the L-39 is for the jet guys the OV-10 will be a great scale trainer for the war bird guys. Got mine on preorder can’t wait to review it. Also F-100 is on preorder so I will report on it also.
                  Thanks that's the kind of input I'm looking for. I'm sold on the Freewing , Flightline and ProFly lines from Motion.

Mike
                  \"When Inverted Down Is Up And Up Is Expensive\"

Comment

• I pre-ordered earlier this week. This offering seems just right for me. My work bench has a Megajets 52 inch OV-10D on it, but it's being packed up and I will repurpose the motors, control electronics, and retracts. Been a Bronco fan forever. Back in '73, while in high school, I built a 48" span profile control line OV-10 with Enya .35 engines. Talk about overpowered! Add in 1/72, 1/48, and 1/32 scale plastic kits. So I am looking forward to the Flightline arrival. This model inspired my first Hobby Squawk post.

Comment

• Is it June yet???
                      More scale wheels and windscreen viper ready to go on...
                      Click image for larger version

Name:	52254335-3A8D-45A6-A273-0B41412DB707.jpeg
Views:	1226
Size:	156.1 KB
ID:	250147
                      Tolga
                      Instagram: @_t01ga_
                      YouTube: t01ga

Comment

• Originally posted by MikeT View Post

I'm really tempted to pick up that F-100 but was waiting on user reports. I did pull the trigger on the OV-10. I have the Pro Fly and it' great but the new one will be easier to transport and to change the scheme..

Mike
                        Agreed 100%, for me I've had nothing but great experiences with my flex innovations planes. So with that when I get mine I'll post a report as well.

Comment

• helohead Welcome aboard!!! Glad to have you here!!! Jerry

Comment

• Originally posted by Uncle Bob's RC View Post
                            Thanks Alpha, I was hoping someone would come out with a decent sized foam OV-10. This is perfect.

Some pictures of the one I flew in the Air Force.

Name:	IMG_0005.jpg
Views:	1831
Size:	79.4 KB
ID:	248656Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0007.jpg
Views:	1841
Size:	96.4 KB
ID:	248657Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0009.jpg
Views:	1826
Size:	102.8 KB
ID:	248658Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0011.jpg
Views:	1826
Size:	102.0 KB
ID:	248659

Neat, I remember reading a book by a “Misty” FAC years and years ago. Iirc the author was flying a single engine plane O1 bird dog. When I was a youth I talked to one of mentors of our local Civil Air Patrol group, he was a Tamale FAC over there.

Comment

• First fell or the Bronco back in the 70's , watched them over the beach doing mock missile runs. Cherry Point was just a few miles North so Topsail Beach was spot on to wind up those Garret Grenades. Over the years I've built 3 different sizes of the OV-10A, starting with a kit out of Mt. Juliet Tenn, K&A then KMP x2 now it's time to down size. Below was my last one. Yep, Pre-Ordred # 4 Can't wait to get my hands on this one.​​ ​​

Comment

• James, Could you post the "4 page instructions insert" / diagram of the for the MCB-E ? Receiver I want to use arrived yesterday and I'm Pre-thinking installation while awaiting Pre-order 😁

Comment

• Originally posted by Narly View Post
                                  James, Could you post the "4 page instructions insert" / diagram of the for the MCB-E ? Receiver I want to use arrived yesterday and I'm Pre-thinking installation while awaiting Pre-order 😁
                                  Narly Of the four pages, 2 are in Chinese and the other 2 are English whereas one is for the MCB-E and the other is MCB-D.
                                  Here is the pertinent page referencing the MCB-E.

MCB-E.pdf

Warbird Charlie
                                  HSD Skyraider FlightLine OV-10 FMS 1400: P-40B, P-51, F4U, F6F, T-28, P-40E, Pitts, 1700 F4U & F7F, FOX glider Freewing A-6, T-33, P-51 Dynam ME-262, Waco TF Giant P-47; ESM F7F-3 LX PBJ-1 EFL CZ T-28, C-150, 1500 P-51 & FW-190

Comment

• Thanks OV10 Tell me about The Rx throttle input to the box?? ie: AUX 1 is the throttle channel?

And for you or James who have flown her: Did she want the UP Elevator trim with flaps as per the manual? All me other bakers dozen planes of all flavors with flaps have needed Down trim with flaps; but none R a Bronco 😏

Comment

• Narly I believe having several other FW planes with a blue box, i have the ESC leads Y'd and then plugged direct to the throttle channel on rcvr as is the A10. My other jets with single ESC is still plugged direct to rcvr.

Looking over the instruction sheet, i see that for a twin engine plane and ESC's nearest the engines in the booms, the ribbon wing connector DOES NOT carry the AUX channel on its output from the box via the cable ribbon to the wing/fuse connection. Due to this, you could wire in the AUX to throttle channel and output via a separate wing/fuse connection from each of the AUX box output. My preference would be to use a Y adapter over the blue box.

Comment

• Originally posted by t01ga View Post
                                        Is it June yet???
                                        More scale wheels and windscreen viper ready to go on...

Name:	52254335-3A8D-45A6-A273-0B41412DB707.jpeg
Views:	1226
Size:	156.1 KB
ID:	250147
                                        Love the wiper? Where did you get yours?

I've had the paint delivered already and have been researching to determine the exact bird from the cal fire/CDF fleet I'm going to do.

One thing, these fire spotter broncos do is mark the location and track for the fire bombers to drop on with smoke. Anyone have an idea how to make a smoke trail that won't melt the foam?

Skip if you must to 0:25 to see the run

Comment

• Originally posted by sam51401 View Post
                                          Narly I believe having several other FW planes with a blue box, i have the ESC leads Y'd and then plugged direct to the throttle channel on rcvr as is the A10. My other jets with single ESC is still plugged direct to rcvr.

Looking over the instruction sheet, i see that for a twin engine plane and ESC's nearest the engines in the booms, the ribbon wing connector DOES NOT carry the AUX channel on its output from the box via the cable ribbon to the wing/fuse connection. Due to this, you could wire in the AUX to throttle channel and output via a separate wing/fuse connection from each of the AUX box output. My preference would be to use a Y adapter over the blue box.
                                          Hey Narly - The model is supplied with a y lead for the throttle channel. The throttle isn't a part of this type of blue box on any model. within each boom you will make your connections to extensions in the center wing section, and then connect those to the blue box like the inboard flaps, rudders, elevator and lights. Then the ribbon cables support the outer wing sections which would be the ailerons, outboard flaps and nav lights.

​​​​​​​Hope that helps

Comment

Working...
                                          X