Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• i had nothing 4 couple days also

Comment

• Two new posts since mine and nope, no notifications. I had to check the thread on my own to see them.

Comment

• Try unsubscribing then reup the sub. What domain is your email address? Im on yahoo.com and get notices but it could be just the back end is having issues sending out to your mail domain. Just a thought.

Comment

• Originally posted by crash60 View Post
          OV-10, I'm planning on using your set up for my OV-10 including a castle 10 amp ubec set to 8 amps. Are you pulling the center wire from the ESC's ? Thanks, Rick.
          crash60

The Bronco comes with 30A OPTO ESC's with a 5A UBEC wired to the starboard motor XT60 battery connector. There is no need for pulling wires on the OPTO's
          Warbird Charlie
          HSD Skyraider FlightLine OV-10 FMS 1400: P-40B, P-51, F4U, F6F, T-28, P-40E, Pitts, 1700 F4U & F7F, FOX glider Freewing A-6, T-33, P-51 Dynam ME-262, Waco TF Giant P-47; ESM F7F-3 LX PBJ-1 EFL CZ T-28, C-150, 1500 P-51 & FW-190

Comment

• Originally posted by sam51401 View Post
            Try unsubscribing then reup the sub. What domain is your email address? Im on yahoo.com and get notices but it could be just the back end is having issues sending out to your mail domain. Just a thought.
            Done that a couple times (unsubscribed and re-sub.) - nothing. My email is a Shaw.ca. Have no problems with it from other forums. I’m not golfing to pollute this thread with it anymore.

Comment

• And while we wait this is the video to watch: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OZ-24F6ncjk

Comment

• *checks calendar*

May 13

*Sigh*

Comment

• I keep hoping I will see a shipping notice soon...........

Comment

• Late June... from the Motion website

Comment

• I know

Comment

• Click image for larger version

Name:	North_American_OV-10B_Bronco.jpg
Views:	929
Size:	157.5 KB
ID:	254959 Just a thought here I've ordered the Bronco and after reading Alpha explaining the economic issues regarding supplying base colour airframes I totally get the argument why they don't supply them but I was thinking would it not be a good idea to offer them decal free for the guys that wish to customize themselves. Surely that would be the next best thing and I cant see how that would not be economical to do. I'm only asking as I plan to do my Bronco out in Luftwaffe livery and would mean I don't have to paint the model to paint over the factory applied decals. By all means supply the decal sheet in the kit only just not applied to the model What do you guys think and more importantly what do you think Alpha??

Comment

• Styk Yours is a fair question that pops up fairly often. Historically, despite occasional requests by some users, only one model's decal-less PNP version has come close to breaking even. So far the data show that the majority of our customer family, as it is currently composed, prefers aircraft that are as fully painted and decaled as possible out of the box. There are very rare exceptions, but they are undoubtedly the exception. In fact, Freewing is one of the only, if not the only, major foam electric manufacturer that offers any of its premiere scale models without decals pre-applied. Once a year we'll add a base color version to appeal to the crowd that continues to ask for them, but unfortunately it does not consistently pan out, least not to the extent that justifies the changes in the mass production line's complexity as shown in our behind the scenes videos.

Until that changes, the best bet for us individual modelers who want a different color scheme other than what is mass produced is to take out that spray can or airbrush and get busy!
                          Live Q&A every Tuesday and Friday at 9pm EST on my Twitch Livestream

Live chat with me and other RC Nuts on my Discord

Camp my Instagram @Alpha.Makes

Comment

• Originally posted by Alpha View Post
                            Styk Yours is a fair question that pops up fairly often. Historically, despite occasional requests by some users, only one model's decal-less PNP version has come close to breaking even. So far the data show that the majority of our customer family, as it is currently composed, prefers aircraft that are as fully painted and decaled as possible out of the box. There are very rare exceptions, but they are undoubtedly the exception. In fact, Freewing is one of the only, if not the only, major foam electric manufacturer that offers any of its premiere scale models without decals pre-applied. Once a year we'll add a base color version to appeal to the crowd that continues to ask for them, but unfortunately it does not consistently pan out, least not to the extent that justifies the changes in the mass production line's complexity as shown in our behind the scenes videos.

Until that changes, the best bet for us individual modelers who want a different color scheme other than what is mass produced is to take out that spray can or airbrush and get busy!
                            Fair point Alpha I was just wondering that's all Thanks for the reply

Comment

• I think its amazing that you can ask the management about things like this, and they answer!! Alpha and Aros are pilots and they care about their models, and they are willing to explain their decision making process. This is one of the reasons why I like dealing with this company so much - and I really appreciate the care and thought behind the models. Nothing's perfect, you can always find something you don't like (for me, I don't understand why the foam ordinance package for the A10 is almost $100) but overall I just really like this company and the products. And I can't wait for the Bronco.
                              Marc flies FW & FL: AL37, MiG-29, T45,F4, A4, A10, F104 70 and 90, P38, Dauntless SBD, Corsair, B17, B24, B26 & P61, Lipp.P19, ME262, Komets, Vampire, SeaVixen, FMS Tigercat, FOX Glider & Radian XL.

Rabid Models foamies, including my 8' B17 & 9' B36... and my Mud Ducks! www.rabidmodels.com

Comment

• Hi Guys Needing a bit of help here. Can anyone please post a diagram of the wiring setup for using on the Bronco to eliminate the risk of losing a motor in flight. My technical experience is very limited and apologise in advance. If anyone can help me understand what I need to do with maybe a foolproof diagram that I can follow I would appreciate it a lot Thanks

Comment

• Originally posted by Styk View Post
                                  Hi Guys Needing a bit of help here. Can anyone please post a diagram of the wiring setup for using on the Bronco to eliminate the risk of losing a motor in flight. My technical experience is very limited and apologise in advance. If anyone can help me understand what I need to do with maybe a foolproof diagram that I can follow I would appreciate it a lot Thanks
                                  There's no such thing as "foolproof". I'm sure the stock configuration is fine and the least of my concerns. I have their P-38 , B-24 , ProFly OV-10
                                  ( my electronics) and their A-10 all twins and no issues to date..

Mike
                                  \"When Inverted Down Is Up And Up Is Expensive\"

Comment

• Last page back has Charlie's parallel ESC wiring which will be as "foolproof" as you can get. I had a twin 90mm A10,(WowPlanes), that i did the same thing on but after flying thr FW A10 and seeing other twin planes with independent wired ESC's Im still flying split ESC's on the FW A10 but will use the parallel wiring on both my OV10 Bronco's
                                    Ref Charlies pic here.
                                    Click image for larger version

Name:	parallelwire.jpg
Views:	958
Size:	174.7 KB
ID:	255069

Comment

• Originally posted by Styk View Post
                                      Hi Guys Needing a bit of help here. Can anyone please post a diagram of the wiring setup for using on the Bronco to eliminate the risk of losing a motor in flight. My technical experience is very limited and apologise in advance. If anyone can help me understand what I need to do with maybe a foolproof diagram that I can follow I would appreciate it a lot Thanks
                                      Hello, I’m Steve and I have had a few of the Motion RC multi-engine A/C. The P-38 engines develop enough power, far enough off center that the rudders cannot counter it. To minimize a single engine problem from one battery not providing enough power regardless of the reason (mis-charged, not well balanced...). This problem can be minimized by creating a cross over harness. With this harness you are looking to keep the battery voltage the same between the two engines. To do this you need to wire a harness that connects the two batters to the two motors. You need 2 male and two female plugs. You will need to wire both positive wires and both negative wires from the batteries and connect them to both speed controllers. This will keep the available voltage constant between the motors.
                                      Here is a pic of the one I made. Notice that the positive from #1 battery on one side is connector to the positive for the connector to the #2 speed control for the other. The same is true for the negative on the #2 battery is connected to the #1 speed control. You can loose one voltage in one battery resulting in lower voltage to both engines evenly. I tested this and it works great.
                                      FYI, this is not needed for the A-10 because of the location of the engines being so close to the centerline of the A/C. I actually lost power to one engine on the A-10 and noticed only a reduction in performance. I came and landed without issue and noticed that one engine was no longer turning. The A-10 is awesome.
                                      I hope this helps.

Comment

• If you ever fly a P-38 on one motor you’ll see it’s not that bad. The rudder is in the prop wash and fairly effective.

Comment

• If you solder like me you might consider Amazon

https://www.amazon.com/Serial-Parall...9729231&sr=8-5

Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture.PNG
Views:	709
Size:	227.3 KB
ID:	255133

Comment

Working...
                                          X