X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Evan D View Post
    Sorry if I amuse you. I am trying to decide what to do with my Bronc when I get it. It will get bigger motors and trying to decide if I’m staying 4S with appropriate kV and bigger props (something similar to the P-38’s system) or go lower kV, 6S and probably about the same size props. Either way the power system will change. The question was really to ask if the BEC could be used if I went 6S.
    Evan D
    OK...……..down to the brass tacks with the tech guru side of me answering
    Me as a modder for scale fidelity can see the desire to want to put larger props on which would necessitate the need for a larger motor.
    If I remember early on in this thread I answered someone's call to this if there was room for a larger motor and it was something like it is a very limited space in the cowl for both width and depth.
    The stock power system on this is unbelievably efficient/powerful and for the level of effort and expense required to modify it for scale props of 12" diameter is actually for the first time something I will not do.
    Regarding the BEC if going 6S...……….a BEC has everything to do with current demands by all other electronics and not the motor system.
    The size and quantity of control surface servos and etracts is what factors the BEC amperage service size.
    When I parallel wired the motors I also swapped out the stock 5A UBEC for a 10A that I had in inventory.
    When it comes to system current demands I always want the ESC and BEC/UBEC to be 15-20% greater than what the motor or the flight systems are max rated for.
    I your greatest hurdle to overcome on a power upgrade is room for a larger motor.
    I'm really just enjoying this bird in its stock form which for those that know me are
    Best regards,
    Warbird Charlie
    HSD Skyraider FlightLine OV-10 FMS 1400: P-40B, P-51, F4U, F6F, T-28, P-40E, Pitts, 1700 F4U & F7F, FOX glider Freewing A-6, T-33, P-51 Dynam ME-262, Waco TF Giant P-47; ESM F7F-3 LX PBJ-1 EFL CZ T-28, C-150, 1500 P-51 & FW-190

Comment

• Originally posted by OV10 View Post
      Just a friendly reminder for all you excitable youngsters about the delivery...…...………...
      It's only the 12th and the product page has clearly said late June with any changes to be posted on that page.

But the in me has to tease............. Ya'll are gonna luv this all terrain twin when it finally gets here
      Good I still need to figure out where to store this.

Mike
      \"When Inverted Down Is Up And Up Is Expensive\"

Comment

• Thanks for the info. I usually try before modding power systems. It will be repainted to a dull slightly blueish gray with low vis markings and as a US Navy bird.

I have my eye on motors that are the same diameter but longer. The stock motors have a long prop adapter/ spacer so the motor will be a longer one. Still think I'll lean towards 6S so I can run a single 5200-6200. Problem is props the correct size and having matched std and rev. I also want four bladed if possible.

I think I'll play with reversing ESCs on this one and differential thrust. And FPV :)

Originally posted by OV10 View Post

Evan D
        OK...……..down to the brass tacks with the tech guru side of me answering
        Me as a modder for scale fidelity can see the desire to want to put larger props on which would necessitate the need for a larger motor.
        If I remember early on in this thread I answered someone's call to this if there was room for a larger motor and it was something like it is a very limited space in the cowl for both width and depth.
        The stock power system on this is unbelievably efficient/powerful and for the level of effort and expense required to modify it for scale props of 12" diameter is actually for the first time something I will not do.
        Regarding the BEC if going 6S...……….a BEC has everything to do with current demands by all other electronics and not the motor system.
        The size and quantity of control surface servos and etracts is what factors the BEC amperage service size.
        When I parallel wired the motors I also swapped out the stock 5A UBEC for a 10A that I had in inventory.
        When it comes to system current demands I always want the ESC and BEC/UBEC to be 15-20% greater than what the motor or the flight systems are max rated for.
        I your greatest hurdle to overcome on a power upgrade is room for a larger motor.
        I'm really just enjoying this bird in its stock form which for those that know me are
        Best regards,

Comment

• Evan D I think this is the one you need; to go with your giant scale Quaker: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JUzNDSh6x2A

Comment

• Wow!$! A person could fit in that!

Comment

• ...... but I'd Shirley love an 18" UMX version 😁 would hit dat pre-order button too ....

Comment

• Originally posted by MikeT View Post

Good I still need to figure out where to store this.

Mike
                I'm going to store mine in my cargo trailer no where in my house to store it.

Comment

• Sure looking forward for this one to get here.I hate the wait.

Comment

• Motions web page has been updated to say "ETA is June 16. See below for details.".

Comment

• Just got a shipping notice. Woot!

Comment

• Shipping notice received. Getting close now.

Comment

• Ditto, one Bronco on the way to my home. Excited doesn’t quite describe how I feel. Happy Father’s Day to me!

Comment

• Well that's great news! Not for me though... I am probably the only one that was hoping for a delay!

I live in Canada but ship all my Motion RC stuff to Ogdensburg, New York. I then cross the border myself to pickup items as it saves me a ton of shipping and fees. When I placed the Bronco order, Covid was not a big deal... but now the border is closed so I can't cross over to pickup my package. The plane will likley arrive within the next week or so, but I will not see it until the border reopens in a few months (I sincerely hope)... <sigh>

Ah well, such is life I guess, enjoy your planes folks I will be eagerly watching all your flight reports and awaiting the moment that I can go get mine!

Cheers;
                            Eric

Comment

• Hey pilots! I want to share my experience with the new Flightline OV-10A Bronco. As a customer service team member at Motion RC it's important we get a feel for the build and flying of new products so we can better assist you with any questions you may have. The build is nice and simple like most all Flightline products but following James' build video helped me with the wiring. Being able to take 16in off each side of the plane with the removable wing tips makes transport much easier. The battery tray is large and the canopy has the most volume of any Freewing/Flightline canopy I've seen making it perfect for FPV operations. Once built the Bronco is a sight to behold having an aggressive look sitting on the flight line poised for action.

With 18 flights on my Bronco in a variety of conditions I can confidently tell you that you're going to love the way it flies. I'm flying mine with an Admiral RX600SP gyro stabilized receiver in Combo C for gyro on/off. It doesn't need a gyro but when the wind kicks up it does help keep the large profile of this plane more stable. It's very easy to pilot the Bronco like a trainer but you can also throw it around the sky on high rates and use unusually large amounts of rudder to increase maneuverability. The Bronco is not a one-trick pony. This is a plane you will start trusting the more you fly it and explore the edges of the flight envelope. Add full rudder deflection with any roll and the roll-rate will dramatically increase. The Bronco will do really tight loops or you can make them large and gradual if you desire. The entire back of the wing is movable control surface so when setting it up step back and make sure it's all evenly set across the wing. The quad flap setup allows for some very short take-offs and landings. The landing gear is stout so fear not taking this bird off-road to the forward operating base. With full flaps and full power you're off the ground in 35-45ft (less with some headwind) and climbing out to altitude very quickly. I found the manuals flap to elevator mix to be the direct opposite of what is needed. The more flap you put down on the Bronco, the more nose down elevator trim you need to keep the nose from shooting skyward. Setting the same manual published percentages to nose down vs nose up settled the plane on approach perfectly. Using two 4,000mah 4S packs I am happy to report 8.5min flight times. Having been flying more EDF lately it was very nice to have so much time for activities up in the sky. I could take off, stunt around exploring the flight envelope, and work the pattern for a few minutes before taking a good landing. I'm very excited to see and hear how others experience this unique aircraft.

​Throughout testing I tried to capture the Bronco in a variety of different ways to show what it's capable of. The view from the horizontal stab using a RunCam was my favorite media capturing position on board the aircraft. I chose not to cut this demo video up to show the full 8+min flight time. The winds on this flight were all over the place and it was extremely turbulent at times both above the field and on approach but the Bronco can cut through. If you're on the fence about purchasing one go ahead and hit the happy button. You won't regret it!

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_4197.JPEG Views:	0 Size:	230.9 KB ID:	260095

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_4508.JPEG Views:	0 Size:	235.1 KB ID:	260096
                              Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_4088.JPEG Views:	0 Size:	154.9 KB ID:	260097
                              Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_4341.JPEG Views:	0 Size:	186.3 KB ID:	260098

Comment

• Originally posted by Racer944 View Post
                                Well that's great news! Not for me though... I am probably the only one that was hoping for a delay!

I live in Canada but ship all my Motion RC stuff to Ogdensburg, New York. I then cross the border myself to pickup items as it saves me a ton of shipping and fees. When I placed the Bronco order, Covid was not a big deal... but now the border is closed so I can't cross over to pickup my package. The plane will likley arrive within the next week or so, but I will not see it until the border reopens in a few months (I sincerely hope)... <sigh>

Ah well, such is life I guess, enjoy your planes folks I will be eagerly watching all your flight reports and awaiting the moment that I can go get mine!

Cheers;
                                Eric
                                I overnight in Ogdensburg taking flights up for SkyWest from Chicago. Was amazed to hear the lengths people go through up there to get around all the government taxes and fees in Canada.

Comment

• Outstanding. I just received an email that my OV-10 is on the way.

Comment

• Shipping notice received!!! Bring on the BRONCO..... STOKED!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Racer944 View Post
                                      Well that's great news! Not for me though... I am probably the only one that was hoping for a delay!

Cheers;
                                      Eric
                                      I also live in Canada and it's only about 3 hrs to the border for me. However, expedited shipping for this plane is about 50 bucks US (so about 70 Canuck bucks). With expedited shipping, there is no brokerage at this end, only GST and if paid online (FedEx account is free to set up), no fees for collecting it. I calculated that the fuel used in the car to drive down there, the wear and tear (mileage) on the car, my time is worth a lot to me (6 to 8 hrs), waiting in line at the border and all the bugs on the windshield, 70 bucks is a bargain, so really not a "ton" of expense. It's only about 100 clicks and maybe over an hr drive each way for you, so your expenses and time won't be as much as mine.

Comment

• Originally posted by RCGuy83 View Post
                                        Hey pilots! I want to share my experience with the new Flightline OV-10A Bronco. As a customer service team member at Motion RC it's important we get a feel for the build and flying of new products so we can better assist you with any questions you may have. The build is nice and simple like most all Flightline products but following James' build video helped me with the wiring. Being able to take 16in off each side of the plane with the removable wing tips makes transport much easier. The battery tray is large and the canopy has the most volume of any Freewing/Flightline canopy I've seen making it perfect for FPV operations. Once built the Bronco is a sight to behold having an aggressive look sitting on the flight line poised for action.

With 18 flights on my Bronco in a variety of conditions I can confidently tell you that you're going to love the way it flies. I'm flying mine with an Admiral RX600SP gyro stabilized receiver in Combo C for gyro on/off. It doesn't need a gyro but when the wind kicks up it does help keep the large profile of this plane more stable. It's very easy to pilot the Bronco like a trainer but you can also throw it around the sky on high rates and use unusually large amounts of rudder to increase maneuverability. The Bronco is not a one-trick pony. This is a plane you will start trusting the more you fly it and explore the edges of the flight envelope. Add full rudder deflection with any roll and the roll-rate will dramatically increase. The Bronco will do really tight loops or you can make them large and gradual if you desire. The entire back of the wing is movable control surface so when setting it up step back and make sure it's all evenly set across the wing. The quad flap setup allows for some very short take-offs and landings. The landing gear is stout so fear not taking this bird off-road to the forward operating base. With full flaps and full power you're off the ground in 35-45ft (less with some headwind) and climbing out to altitude very quickly. I found the manuals flap to elevator mix to be the direct opposite of what is needed. The more flap you put down on the Bronco, the more nose down elevator trim you need to keep the nose from shooting skyward. Setting the same manual published percentages to nose down vs nose up settled the plane on approach perfectly. Using two 4,000mah 4S packs I am happy to report 8.5min flight times. Having been flying more EDF lately it was very nice to have so much time for activities up in the sky. I could take off, stunt around exploring the flight envelope, and work the pattern for a few minutes before taking a good landing. I'm very excited to see and hear how others experience this unique aircraft.

​Throughout testing I tried to capture the Bronco in a variety of different ways to show what it's capable of. The view from the horizontal stab using a RunCam was my favorite media capturing position on board the aircraft. I chose not to cut this demo video up to show the full 8+min flight time. The winds on this flight were all over the place and it was extremely turbulent at times both above the field and on approach but the Bronco can cut through. If you're on the fence about purchasing one go ahead and hit the happy button. You won't regret it!

Click image for larger version Name:	IMG_4197.JPEG Views:	0 Size:	230.9 KB ID:	260095

Click image for larger version Name:	IMG_4508.JPEG Views:	0 Size:	235.1 KB ID:	260096
                                        Click image for larger version Name:	IMG_4088.JPEG Views:	0 Size:	154.9 KB ID:	260097
                                        Click image for larger version Name:	IMG_4341.JPEG Views:	0 Size:	186.3 KB ID:	260098
                                        Thanks for the explanation on elevator mix with flap. I’m afraid that depending on how one sets up their radio, the recommendations in terms of +/- elevator can be inadvertently misunderstood. I prefer your description of elev deflection based on a reference of aircraft nose up or nose down.

Comment

• Well, I had originally posted: Outstanding. I just received my email stating my OV-10 is on the way. Sadly, I don't see it listed. So here it is again. Outstanding!!! Ordered my two 4000 mAh admiral batteries for it today as well. Looking forward to getting this plane into the air.

Comment

Working...
                                          X