Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Waiting on reports about how good the power is (unlimited vertical?) and if there is flex in the fuselage like one of the very early Motion videos showed.

Come on guys, it's Thursday already! :)

Comment

• Originally posted by Evan D View Post
      Waiting on reports about how good the power is (unlimited vertical?) and if there is flex in the fuselage like one of the very early Motion videos showed.

Come on guys, it's Thursday already! :)
      Check out my video a few posts back from the tail boom. See what you think yourself on wing-flex. Yes, if you pound it to the ground or pull high-G maneuvers there is a little flex but nothing crazy. It does not have unlimited vertical, it's not a T-33 on 6S power, but get the momentum up before pulling vertical and you'll get some satisfying height. I enjoy pulling vertical and then using max rudder to u-turn it right back around making a u-shaped pattern over the field.

Comment

• Thanks, not wing flex. I’m wanting 3D so more power...

Comment

• Originally posted by RCGuy83 View Post

Check out my video a few posts back from the tail boom. See what you think yourself on wing-flex. Yes, if you pound it to the ground or pull high-G maneuvers there is a little flex but nothing crazy. It does not have unlimited vertical, it's not a T-33 on 6S power, but get the momentum up before pulling vertical and you'll get some satisfying height. I enjoy pulling vertical and then using max rudder to u-turn it right back around making a u-shaped pattern over the field.
          He's asking about fuselage flex, if you don't mind my interjection...

Comment

• There has been some confusion on how to wire the flaps using the provided tri-harness. The two outer flaps come into the blue MCB box through the ribbon cables. You take the male to male out put from the blue MCB box and insert it into the tri-harness instead of going straight to your RX. You then take the two inboard flap connections and also insert them into the tri-harness before running it straight to your receiver. In short: take all three cords labeled FLAP, insert them into tri-harness, and go straight to the RX with it.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4519.JPEG
Views:	1335
Size:	89.4 KB
ID:	260494

Comment

• Originally posted by Phantom View Post

He's asking about fuselage flex, if you don't mind my interjection...
              Sorry, I misunderstood. The fuse is a very solid piece of foam, ain't no flex there for sure. BUT..... with 2X 4000's in there the fuse has some weight and does bounce up and down a tad (see the video from the horizontal stab) between the booms. This is not a 3D plane guys but with so much side profile it does knife-edge well. If you're going to add a ton of power and attempt Timber X like 3D you will want to shove a carbon rod between the booms out back and triangulate it with two more carbon rods going into the abdomen. Just my 2-cents on that topic.

Comment

• Mine arrived today. No surprises, the components are perfectly packed in a 2-part styrofoam box just like all the other MRC planes so everything is in perfect condition. Of course.
                Marc flies FW & FL: AL37, MiG-29, T45,F4, A4, A10, F104 70 and 90, P38, Dauntless SBD, Corsair, B17, B24, B26 & P61, Lipp.P19, ME262, Komets, Vampire, SeaVixen, FMS Tigercat, FOX Glider & Radian XL.

Rabid Models foamies, including my 8' B17 & 9' B36... and my Mud Ducks! www.rabidmodels.com

Comment

• Mine also arrived today, what a beautiful plane!

Comment

• My Bronco landed on my front porch this morning

Comment

• Originally posted by Mad Baron View Post
                      My Bronco landed on my front porch this morning
                      At least we know it will land on a short runway...

Comment

• It was still in the box and landed now that's a plane that wants to be flown

Comment

• I will be getting my OV-10 on Lori's Birthday, Can't think of a better gift for Mrs. Boozer. Happy Juneteenth.

Comment

• Originally posted by RCGuy83 View Post
                            There has been some confusion on how to wire the flaps using the provided tri-harness. The two outer flaps come into the blue MCB box through the ribbon cables. You take the male to male out put from the blue MCB box and insert it into the tri-harness instead of going straight to your RX. You then take the two inboard flap connections and also insert them into the tri-harness before running it straight to your receiver. In short: take all three cords labeled FLAP, insert them into tri-harness, and go straight to the RX with it.

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_4519.JPEG Views:	81 Size:	89.4 KB ID:	260494
                            ALL PILOTS TAKE NOTE OF THIS INSTRUCTION. Spent a few confusing minutes figuring this out as well. I wish I had seen this post first and I wouldn’t had been struggling and wondering what I was doing wrong. Boomer senior moment. 🤪

Comment

• Thank you so much Alpha, MRC, and Flightline for this beautiful airplane, it is everything I hoped for and more. I can't wait to get it assembled and out to the flying field.

Comment

• Has anyone got out to fly it yet? Can't wait to see some maidens!

Comment

• Ready for maiden flight tomorrow, weather permitting. Installed an AS3X receiver to allow for an expanded wind envelope.

Comment

• Got my Bronco yesterday and getting ready to install the Admiral RX6000SP Stability Plus receiver. Have everything hooked up (thanks for tip on Flaps) except for the throttle leads. Not totally sure where the throttle leads go. Pretty sure the double lead marked throttle goes to the throttle port on the receiver but not sure where the lead marked throttle coming off of the UBEC plugs in. Thanks for any assistance.

Comment

• Originally posted by sailing1 View Post
                                      Got my Bronco yesterday and getting ready to install the Admiral RX6000SP Stability Plus receiver. Have everything hooked up (thanks for tip on Flaps) except for the throttle leads. Not totally sure where the throttle leads go. Pretty sure the double lead marked throttle goes to the throttle port on the receiver but not sure where the lead marked throttle coming off of the UBEC plugs in. Thanks for any assistance.
                                      Are you sure it's marked "throttle"? I don't think that's a throttle lead. That's likely a power lead that plugs into any empty port on the RX or you can "Y" it to any used port. It provides power to the RX.

Comment

• Yes they are both tagged "throttle". I also think it is a power lead as it is coming off the UBEC, but it never hurts to check with the group just to be sure.

Comment

• Pilots! Our CS team is getting lots of questions regarding how to setup the flaps on the OV-10. So I will 100% make a video doing it again although you can see me do it on our live show here: https://youtu.be/P54ud8NdwT0?t=4179

But, I whipped up a quick diagram that explains it. Basically, you are supplied the 3-way servo extension for the flaps. You will have both inboard flap leads connected to the center wing section, so plug each end of those into 2 of the 3-way extension slots. Then, your outboard flaps signals are sent into the blue box via the ribbon cable, so take the flap lead coming out of the blue box and put that into the third open slot on the 3-way servo extension. Then plug the single end of the 3-way extension into your flap port on your RX

Click image for larger version

Name:	OV-10 Flap Install Directions.jpg
Views:	760
Size:	143.8 KB
ID:	260595

Hope this helps!

Comment

Working...
                                          X