X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Ric View Post
    Looking for some help reprogramming ESC's. Mine are set to "Brake On". Need to reprogram to "Brake Off".
    It's similar to throttle calibration. Throttle stick to max, plug in plane (with one throttle input at a time), wait for initialization beeps, then at the end of the next set of beeps, lower stick. Repeat for the other throttle input. If you need a visualization of this, go to YouTube and search for "ESC brake set". Or download most any ESC instruction manual.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ric View Post
      Looking for some help reprogramming ESC's. Mine are set to "Brake On". Need to reprogram to "Brake Off".
      Download the ESC manual found on the MRC website for the B-24. It is the same power system and gives you the tone sequence for changing the brake and setting throttle calibration. See attached.
      Attached Files

Comment

• Originally posted by vduniec View Post

I don’t have the wing pylons made yet. Hoping to design and print them at some point. If you’re going to do a Desert Storm bird, you may want to add this. It is the ALQ-144 IRCM “Disco light” jammer. It goes on the bulge on the top at the back of the fuselage.

Here’s the link on Thingiverse: https://www.thingiverse.com/search?q...&sort=relevant

Click image for larger version

Name:	FA303E78-E5DC-459B-A5AA-C3E735FE8497.png
Views:	1682
Size:	49.5 KB
ID:	261171
        cool, I hope some of you geniuses with the 3d design skills can do something about that cockpit too.

Comment

• OK, "build" complete w/ a few hanger rash spots. Tried to match OD with extensive collection of Model Masters, Floquil, Testers, Tamiya & Revell bit nothing very close. So, has anyone found the OD matching paint??

..... and what a beaut her is!! 😄

Comment

• Originally posted by Narly View Post
            OK, "build" complete w/ a few hanger rash spots. Tried to match OD with extensive collection of Model Masters, Floquil, Testers, Tamiya & Revell bit nothing very close. So, has anyone found the OD matching paint??

..... and what a beaut her is!! 😄
            Sunday evening I picked up a jar of paint at Home Depot, color matched - I needed to touch up a couple of spots after my "tree adventure". But this isn't OD. Its a medium forest green.
            I think its extremely close to the OEM color.

Base: Behr PP103 (flat)
            Color Codes: CL:88 DL:36 KXL:12 LL:187

In this picture, this paint was used to touch up the bottom edge of the cockpit below the plastic. I'm happy with it.

Name:	20200623_214236.jpg
Views:	898
Size:	45.3 KB
ID:	261244
            Marc flies FW & FL: AL37, MiG-29, T45,F4, A4, A10, F104 70 and 90, P38, Dauntless SBD, Corsair, B17, B24, B26 & P61, Lipp.P19, ME262, Komets, Vampire, SeaVixen, FMS Tigercat, FOX Glider & Radian XL.

Rabid Models foamies, including my 8' B17 & 9' B36... and my Mud Ducks! www.rabidmodels.com

Comment

I don’t have the wing pylons made yet. Hoping to design and print them at some point. If you’re going to do a Desert Storm bird, you may want to add this. It is the ALQ-144 IRCM “Disco light” jammer. It goes on the bulge on the top at the back of the fuselage.

Here’s the link on Thingiverse: https://www.thingiverse.com/search?q...&sort=relevant

I seen this earlier and i think they were on the D and D+ versions but i havent seen any photos of it on the A's. I will be looking for your pylons when ready and are you going to use the FW clips for attachments?

Comment

I looked it up, here's what the real thing looks like. Pretty cool!

Name:	ALQ-144_IRCM.jpg
Views:	954
Size:	119.3 KB
ID:	261247
                Marc flies FW & FL: AL37, MiG-29, T45,F4, A4, A10, F104 70 and 90, P38, Dauntless SBD, Corsair, B17, B24, B26 & P61, Lipp.P19, ME262, Komets, Vampire, SeaVixen, FMS Tigercat, FOX Glider & Radian XL.

Rabid Models foamies, including my 8' B17 & 9' B36... and my Mud Ducks! www.rabidmodels.com

Comment

• Ok, you got me curious and i did find pics of several with disco ball on A's. 454, 459 and 473 have them mounted.in several photos in DS.

Comment

• ALQ-144 is what was standard on my Hawks back during my 1st deployment. I was enlisted then and everytime we landed and shut down I was up on top cleaning it, keeping those mirrors shiny. It's not exactly a jammer.... that's all I can say about that.

Comment

• Assembling mine today. I'm really impressed by the finish and parts fit on this.

Mike
                      \"When Inverted Down Is Up And Up Is Expensive\"

Comment

• Xviper and MrD,
                        Thanks for your reply's and helpful information. I got her all sorted out and will probably maiden tomorrow.

Comment

• I pulled the trigger and purchased the Bronco today. Supposed to be delivered tomorrow. What batteries are being used besides the Admirals? I bought two but would like backups. And has any one used the Admiral 600sp receiver? I didn't include that in my order but can of course get one.

Comment

• I am using HRB 4S batteries purchased from Amazon. She flies beautifully with a range from 3300 to 4200 mAh.

Comment

• Hobby Star 4600 35c 380g each.

Comment

• She’s flown nicely for me on HobbyStar 5200’s and HRB 5000’s.

Comment

• The plane is very power efficient. I'm using 3700mah 45C Roaring Top, and after about an eight minute flight today (3/4 to full power), still had about 70% power left. Which tells me I could fly for 15 minutes easily.
                                  Ron - AMA 1025

Comment

• Originally posted by ronwc View Post
                                    The plane is very power efficient. I'm using 3700mah 45C Roaring Top, and after about an eight minute flight today (3/4 to full power), still had about 70% power left. Which tells me I could fly for 15 minutes easily.
                                    Same thing I noticed - I flew two flights with a set of Admiral 3700's - first flight was 6 minutes and the second was 4 minutes - and after that they read 45% remaining. So its pretty obvious to me that 15 minutes is probably doable. (Third fight was with a different set of 3700's). More testing this weekend hopefully!

Comment

• Thought i would tease ya a little

Name:	155454_26_2.jpg
Views:	920
Size:	92.3 KB
ID:	261493Click image for larger version

Name:	55454.jpg
Views:	905
Size:	40.6 KB
ID:	261494

Comment

• I am wondering what the flap/elevator mix works best. The book says + 9% on low rates and + 18% on high rates. mine had problems with this mix. Also gear up or down to ballance. The book does not specify this. Thanks!

Comment

• Had to change the struts and wheels to more scale
                                          used freewing t-45 struts , gonna paint the struts and wheels white .

Also have a freewing yak 90 nose strut gonna try it out see if it works ..

Comment

Working...
                                          X