X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by KC8REH View Post
    I am wondering what the flap/elevator mix works best. The book says + 9% on low rates and + 18% on high rates. mine had problems with this mix. Also gear up or down to ballance. The book does not specify this. Thanks!
    My setting which work great. Click image for larger version

Name:	A427F1B6-4CC6-4B0F-8AEF-7A4517D9F14C.jpeg
Views:	901
Size:	121.3 KB
ID:	261566

Comment

• The book comp is a little too much...

Comment

• Finished assembly on mine. Any thoughts on setting the elevator ? Book says neutral but some have started with some down as a starting point.

Mike
        \"When Inverted Down Is Up And Up Is Expensive\"

Comment

• Up to you but I would set it up by the book and be ready to add down trim. Better than having too much down to start with.

Comment

• Hi there

any ideas, when shipping to Europe/Germany will start?

Comment

• Originally posted by yf22raptor View Post
              Had to change the struts and wheels to more scale
              used freewing t-45 struts , gonna paint the struts and wheels white .

Also have a freewing yak 90 nose strut gonna try it out see if it works ..
              Funny you listed those exact struts as Charlie and I had talked about those very struts to use on the Uravitch kit. I see now that the nose strut isnt stocked at MRC so i got lucky. SInce im doing more painting and such, i was going to swap struts after i get a few flights on it. Post more pics of your nose strut when changed over. Thanks

Comment

• Originally posted by Evan D View Post
                Up to you but I would set it up by the book and be ready to add down trim. Better than having too much down to start with.
                Is this from experience with this model? Normally that's what I do but some of the photos I've seen you'd run out of trim.

Mike

Comment

• Originally posted by MikeT View Post

Is this from experience with this model? Normally that's what I do but some of the photos I've seen you'd run out of trim.

Mike
                  I maidened mine this morning. With the elevator set "level" as much as I could see using the molding lines on the vertical tail fins, I had to apply several clicks of DOWN trim to stop the plane from climbing at cruising speed (for me, that was about 3/4 throttle).
                  On that note and at my altitude of almost 3500 feet, I found this plane (stock) to be somewhat anemic (read: under-powered). It flew fine with a perfect take off and fairly decent landings with a crosswind. However, I found it would not do a loop from a full throttle level pass. Even putting it into a shallow dive, it just barely made it (sloppy ovoid shape). If you want to fly it "scale", fine, fly it scale but man, going round and round and round gets boring real fast. Next up: increase the size of the ESCs and putting on the counter-rotating Scimitar props (10x8x5) from the EC1500. These props (on lower kv motors) make the EC1500 really lively. If the motors won't handle it, I'll get ones that will. Flew for about 7 minutes (3.8v/cell) on twin 4000 Admirals.

Comment

• Yes, though for the flight it was noted I was not the pilot.

Originally posted by MikeT View Post

Mike

Comment

• Right on xviper
                      Round and round and round does get boring real fast and so does loops but doing touch n goes is a fine art skill that more pilots need to hone their landing skill levels on and this bird in stock power will take that abuse all day long.
                      Warbird Charlie
                      HSD Skyraider FlightLine OV-10 FMS 1400: P-40B, P-51, F4U, F6F, T-28, P-40E, Pitts, 1700 F4U & F7F, FOX glider Freewing A-6, T-33, P-51 Dynam ME-262, Waco TF Giant P-47; ESM F7F-3 LX PBJ-1 EFL CZ T-28, C-150, 1500 P-51 & FW-190

Comment

Yes, though for the flight it was noted I was not the pilot.

Thanks
                        Mike

Comment

• Originally posted by xviper View Post
                          I maidened mine this morning. With the elevator set "level" as much as I could see using the molding lines on the vertical tail fins, I had to apply several clicks of DOWN trim to stop the plane from climbing at cruising speed (for me, that was about 3/4 throttle).
                          On that note and at my altitude of almost 3500 feet, I found this plane (stock) to be somewhat anemic (read: under-powered). It flew fine with a perfect take off and fairly decent landings with a crosswind. However, I found it would not do a loop from a full throttle level pass. Even putting it into a shallow dive, it just barely made it (sloppy ovoid shape). If you want to fly it "scale", fine, fly it scale but man, going round and round and round gets boring real fast. Next up: increase the size of the ESCs and putting on the counter-rotating Scimitar props (10x8x5) from the EC1500. These props (on lower kv motors) make the EC1500 really lively. If the motors won't handle it, I'll get ones that will. Flew for about 7 minutes (3.8v/cell) on twin 4000 Admirals.
                          Thanks
                          Mike

Comment

• Originally posted by OV10 View Post
                            Right on xviper
                            Round and round and round does get boring real fast and so does loops but doing touch n goes is a fine art skill that more pilots need to hone their landing skill levels on and this bird in stock power will take that abuse all day long.
                            Interesting that you said this. On my second flight this morning, "touch and goes" were all I did on this plane just to get the hang of it and to not get bored. Touch and goes can be difficult if the field is busy due to too much activity on or over the runway.
                            Vertical "figure 8's" can be a lot of fun, too, but requires gobs of power. That's what the Eflite P-51 was for this morning.

Comment

• X, sometimes you and I just disagree... But this time it's a BIG he11 yeah! Even before I got mine I was worried and had started researching. When a friend maidened his and it had ZERO vertical and barley pulled a loop my thoughts were validated.

I have two 60A ESCs from the Tigercat and two Hobby Star 3458 900kV motors ready to install. I really wanted their 1100kV but they were out of stock (and thought about their 790kV and put it on a single 6S Lipo. I'll start with APCe 11x8 two bladed props and I have good quality black 2" spinners. It looks like it'll be about 52A and 750W per side. But it's a starting point.

Why these motors you may ask? First in the US they are cheap $26 each. I've used them on other planes and even though they are cheap the seem to be great for the money. In addition the X mount has the same exact mounting pattern and the overall length is exactly the same as the little bitty stock motors.

I just got my base coat painted so I can start putting her together. I can do the insignia and other markings, which will mostly be airbrushed with stencils after I do some flight...

Originally posted by xviper View Post
                              ... at my altitude of almost 3500 feet, I found this plane (stock) to be somewhat anemic (read: under-powered).

...Next up: increase the size of the ESCs and putting on the counter-rotating Scimitar props (10x8x5) from the EC1500. These props (on lower kv motors) make the EC1500 really lively. If the motors won't handle it, I'll get ones that will. Flew for about 7 minutes (3.8v/cell) on twin 4000 Admirals.

Comment

• Finished putting a matte clear coat on mine yesterday and started putting together today. I was putting the horizontal stab on and when I went to install the right side it would not go into the pocket. Found the assembler had put to left side line up pins on the stab. Started a ticket and sent Motion a picture. To be continued.

Comment

I have two 60A ESCs from the Tigercat and two Hobby Star 3458 900kV motors ready to install.
                                  I also have two 60A ESCs on the way. I found this on Amazon:
                                  https://www.amazon.com/HobbyStar-Bru.../dp/B075LZPGJD
                                  It says they are unavailable at this time. Where else can they be found? Why are they also designated "2826"?

Comment

• RC Juice is the US importer... And cheaper for me with free shipping. Not sure what going to Canada will do.

Comment

• I wired my elevator from blue box to rx and seems to work fine, I see we’re James has it wire going from elevator going straight to rx does it matter if it goes thru blue box? Hopefully will maiden tomorrow, thanks Jimmy

Comment

• Just learning how to airbrush rocket pods belly tank and turbo exhaust pianted ..
                                        Attached Files

Comment

• I’m having a wiring issue. I’m new to this so bare with me. Where do I plug the throttle servos into??

Comment

Working...
                                          X