X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Jpmcdo View Post

Thanks for replying. I haven't set up a lot of planes on my iX12 and it's been a long time. So it looks like this is all set up in Dual rates for the measurements?
    Yup. On my Spektrum DX8, I use a different 3-way switch for each control surface. Set up in the D/R and expo menu.

Comment

• Cool thanks again!

Comment

• Originally posted by yf22raptor View Post
        Had to change the struts and wheels to more scale
        used freewing t-45 struts , gonna paint the struts and wheels white .

Also have a freewing yak 90 nose strut gonna try it out see if it works ..
        Good job! Where did you source your gear pins from, since the T-45 strut holes are 90 degrees off from the OV-10 ones? I like the idea of the compression spring in the T-45 struts as opposed to the extension springs on the OV-10. I’ve already stretched one out due to a hard landing while FPV’ing. Landing this plane normally is no problem but on FPV, it took me a couple of flights to get the correct sight picture. Still not perfect yet on those approaches but that’s half the fun of this hobby.

Also, what wheels did you use as replacements for the mains?

Comment

• Vic, very easy to Dremel the flat you need.

On an aside I stretched one of my springs on a not too bad landing too. The springs are just lousy quality. I had some old version 90mm F-18 retracts with what appear to be better quality springs and swapped them to my OV. I want to do the T-45 gear too but at least right now my OV isn't listing to one side. :)

Comment

• just an update I have the T45 struts and the do bro 2.75 wheels unfortunately when the plane is upside down the gear will retract into the plane completely when you have the Plane sitting normal the gear will not retract all the way it seems that the retracts provided are not strong enough for the heavier struts and wheels so I ordered the t 45 retracts will update if they work
            might change to lighter or smaller wheel if needed
            Attached Files

Comment

• Looks better though...

Comment

• How does the Yak nose strut work out?

Comment

• Click image for larger version  Name:	stab.jpg Views:	0 Size:	97.6 KB ID:	262805
                  Thought i would post a little teaser on my repaint progress and results. I still need to print the disco ball that fits on top and i have some snazzy metallic vinyl that resembles the red rose tint mirrors very closely. The fuse and top of wing for the darker brown is whats left then i need to cut my vinyl and print a couple of decals.
                  I have the same struts as F22 has and ill trade those out later but like to hear more about the issue with the retracts not being able to lift the mains. Those struts are not that heavy.

Comment

• Finally received my replacement horizontal stab today hopefully I'll finish setting up my Broncos and maiden it this week.

Comment

• Originally posted by sam51401 View Post
                      Click image for larger version Name:	stab.jpg Views:	0 Size:	97.6 KB ID:	262805
                      Thought i would post a little teaser on my repaint progress and results. I still need to print the disco ball that fits on top and i have some snazzy metallic vinyl that resembles the red rose tint mirrors very closely. The fuse and top of wing for the darker brown is whats left then i need to cut my vinyl and print a couple of decals.
                      I have the same struts as F22 has and ill trade those out later but like to hear more about the issue with the retracts not being able to lift the mains. Those struts are not that heavy.
                      Looks good. What did you make the vortex generators out of. I’m thinking I could make a 3D printed strip of them to install.

Comment

• Cut up an expired credit card. You can notice these are slightly staggered by using alternating edge of each imposed VG. If i did this again, i would place them inline and in the center of each imposed location. Not sure if i will do the ailerons as those are on the control surface. A 3D printed strip that can be inset would be fine.
                        I also would like to mention the roll/yaw issue that is observed and maybe splitting the ailerons to separate channels and programming in some differential may help. With the listed issue of the BB, i may go ahead and bypass the box on the controls and the retracts so trying some diff is on the list.

Comment

• Some FPV touch and go practice from yesterday. RanCam 3 Split Micro.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sTFp...ature=youtu.be

Comment

• Xviper,
                            Can you post a picture of your Freewing gyro installation? Thanks.

Comment

• Click image for larger version

Name:	DC0B2E21-BA12-41F5-A77B-4851DD59535C.jpeg
Views:	781
Size:	64.4 KB
ID:	262877Click image for larger version

Name:	5FDD36C4-888E-41AF-B04C-11C858606F32.jpeg
Views:	792
Size:	59.2 KB
ID:	262878Click image for larger version

Name:	61DD3586-F927-4739-9D47-FDE22F45EBA7.jpeg
Views:	762
Size:	93.1 KB
ID:	262876Click image for larger version

Name:	0A4B45DD-772A-4E12-AAC1-50CF9AE9AF54.jpeg
Views:	762
Size:	55.8 KB
ID:	262875Click image for larger version

Name:	64B8591D-9C45-4703-8170-D37C4E669069.jpeg
Views:	759
Size:	60.3 KB
ID:	262874Click image for larger version

Name:	50B4117A-92CE-44D0-AAA6-22CECB7DBA13.jpeg
Views:	785
Size:	44.9 KB
ID:	262873 Mine is ready to maiden. I have done couple of mods and will wait for weathering after the maiden. Swapped wheels for more chunky ones, install a windscreen viper and adjusted the canopy latch. If you think your latch pin is not long enough you can actually extend the pin by pulling with a plier and ca the other end to fix the extension.
                              Also tidied the battery bay so there is no rats nest.
                              Tolga
                              Instagram: @_t01ga_
                              YouTube: t01ga

Comment

• vduniec

That is way cool video, not to mention the flyin !!
                                Narly

Comment

• Im interested in your wiper, 3D or spare parts box?

Comment

• Originally posted by Ric View Post
                                    Xviper,
                                    Can you post a picture of your Freewing gyro installation? Thanks.
                                    Back in post #614 ......................................
                                    Click image for larger version Name: mastera.jpg Views: 63 Size: 63.1 KB ID: 247934 (filedata/fetch?id=247934&d=1586533759) https://www.motionrc.com/collections...nco-1400mm-pnp (https://www.motionrc.com/collections/coming-soon-rc-airplanes/products/flightline-ov-10-bronco-1400mm-pnp) The OV-10 Bronco is an

Comment

• I like the wiper!

About the latch, I don’t understand “and ca the other end”. If you take the latch apart there is a hole and set screw in the bottom of the part that sticks up (the pat you move with your finger), the latching pin goes through the hole and is held in place by the set screw. If you can pull it with pliers it’s loose and will end up moving. Plus moving it means the back part of it is no longer in the hole it’s supposed to ride in. It may be working but it may end up where you can’t open the canopy or it loosens and the canopy comes off.

Originally posted by t01ga View Post
                                      Mine is ready to maiden. I have done couple of mods and will wait for weathering after the maiden. Swapped wheels for more chunky ones, install a windscreen viper and adjusted the canopy latch. If you think your latch pin is not long enough you can actually extend the pin by pulling with a plier and ca the other end to fix the extension.
                                      Also tidied the battery bay so there is no rats nest.

Comment

• Originally posted by sam51401 View Post
                                        Im interested in your wiper, 3D or spare parts box?
                                        They are 3D from Thingyverse. I can’t remember the file name.
                                        You can search the RCG Flex Cessna 170 thread where I had seen them initially.
                                        Tolga
                                        Instagram: @_t01ga_
                                        YouTube: t01ga

Comment

• Has anyone put a Amp/ Watt meter on their stock bird yet? Mines modified and each motor is putting out 860W. I had some batteries to discharge today and on 3S it’s pulling 410W.

Comment

Working...
                                          X