You must Sign-in or Register to post messages in the Hobby Squawk community
Registration is FREE and only takes a few moments

Register now

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Official FlightLine OV-10 Bronco Discussion Thread

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #61
    OV10 In case you weren't aware, your embedded images in posts #42 and #43 are showing as broken images.
    My YouTube RC videos:
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCDZ..._bdGEJBmtV7YUw

    Comment


    • OV10
      OV10 commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanx Aros ……..am heading back to reedit all the pics

    • OV10
      OV10 commented
      Editing a comment
      Finished the pic edits....everything look ok at your end

  • #62
    Originally posted by OV10 View Post

    NO...…...Uses the same power/prop setup from the FL B-24. See my build review starting at posts #42.
    Thanks! For some odd reason I can't see your pics? I can see every one else's just not yours.

    Comment


    • OV10
      OV10 commented
      Editing a comment
      I'll look into that...…….

  • #63
    Originally posted by Sekhet View Post
    I have two 4S 5000s, will I be good to go?
    See my build review starting at post#42. You should be good to go. I used 2 serial pairs of 2S 5000mAh.
    Warbird Charlie
    HSD Skyraider; FlightLine: OV-10, Sea Fury; FMS 1400: P-40B, P-51, F4U, F6F, T-28, P-40E, 1700 F4U & F7F, FOX glider; Freewing: A-6, P-51; VQ: P-39; Dynam: ME-262, FW-190, Waco; ASM A-26; ESM F7F-3; LX PBJ-1 EFL CZ T-28, C-150

    Comment


    • #64
      Originally posted by OV10 View Post

      See my build review starting at post#42. You should be good to go. I used 2 serial pairs of 2S 5000mAh.
      Thanks, OV10, I read you 5X5 and off to make an order!
      Best regards,
      Cris B.
      AMA#L945841, NASA#2845, JPO#2503,
      NSRCA#4603, IMAC#7357

      Comment


      • #65
        Originally posted by James View Post

        Like every other EPO model. Painting over the decals will be no problem. Just 1 extra step of primer
        James, you are correct it is easy to paint over the factory applied decals, however, it has been my experience that even with an additional coat of primer or paint, the outline of the factory decals are still obvious. And, removing them often damages the "skin" of the foam, which also is visible after painting.

        I assume you guys have some research that indicates most buyers don't want to have to apply decals. But it sure would be nice if unlettered was an option on your models. The number of posts here on Hobby Squawk, and on other RC forums, would seem to show custom painting and lettering are a growing aspect of the ARF market.

        With that little bit of whining complete, yeah, I'm gettin' one of these!

        Jim

        Comment


        • #66
          I have to get the F 18 F22 and Skyhawk first I'll get this in July

          Comment


          • #67
            OV10 Photos are now active.
            My YouTube RC videos:
            https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCDZ..._bdGEJBmtV7YUw

            Comment


            • OV10
              OV10 commented
              Editing a comment
              Great, rookie mistake in my hurry to get this published.

          • #68
            Originally posted by wvrailfan View Post

            James, you are correct it is easy to paint over the factory applied decals, however, it has been my experience that even with an additional coat of primer or paint, the outline of the factory decals are still obvious. And, removing them often damages the "skin" of the foam, which also is visible after painting.

            I assume you guys have some research that indicates most buyers don't want to have to apply decals. But it sure would be nice if unlettered was an option on your models. The number of posts here on Hobby Squawk, and on other RC forums, would seem to show custom painting and lettering are a growing aspect of the ARF market.

            With that little bit of whining complete, yeah, I'm gettin' one of these!

            Jim
            Certain models, we have done it for (AL37 being the most recent). But yes. Unpainted/decaled planes don't sell nearly as much as the painted/decaled ones. I've painted my L-39 and would need a magnifying glass to make out the old decals.

            Comment


            • #69
              OV10 Nice job reviewing the Bronco Charlie. It's been a long wait for it to come in. Alpha said on the Youtube live that it was 30 months in work.

              Comment


              • #70
                It is gorgeous. Pre-order is done, this one is coming home. Thanks guys 👍🏼
                Tolga
                Instagram: @_t01ga_
                YouTube: t01ga

                Comment


                • #71
                  Finally getting me a Bronco. Now we need to start designing gear doors, cockpit parts and exhausts to 3d print.

                  Comment


                  • #72
                    Originally posted by Rcfiddy1 View Post
                    Finally getting me a Bronco. Now we need to start designing gear doors, cockpit parts and exhausts to 3d print.
                    You won't have to do an exhaust, it has pretty accurate scale ones.
                    Warbird Charlie
                    HSD Skyraider; FlightLine: OV-10, Sea Fury; FMS 1400: P-40B, P-51, F4U, F6F, T-28, P-40E, 1700 F4U & F7F, FOX glider; Freewing: A-6, P-51; VQ: P-39; Dynam: ME-262, FW-190, Waco; ASM A-26; ESM F7F-3; LX PBJ-1 EFL CZ T-28, C-150

                    Comment


                    • #73
                      FYI according to callie graphics website, custom orders now taking 5 weeks

                      Comment


                      • #74
                        When these finally do arrive.... can everyone please refrain from the dreaded box pics?

                        Comment


                        • #75
                          Originally posted by MANFRED View Post
                          When these finally do arrive.... can everyone please refrain from the dreaded box pics?
                          NEVER! MUST....SEE....BOXES!!!!

                          Comment


                          • #76
                            Must.... have....

                            Comment


                            • #77
                              Counter rotating props?
                              C'mon guys... it's a turboprop

                              Comment


                              • #78
                                First off, the OV-10A "Bronco" was, is, will be my all-time favorite airplane. I flew the full scale (Air Force) in Vietnam as a Forward Air Controller (just under 1000 hours). LOVED flying the airplane.
                                Now, here is my "beefs": NO gear doors! BIG shortcoming for me. And, bad for me, it comes in bile Marine Green! It would require a complete re-do (like I did on my Pro Fly OV..

                                Old Dawg

                                Comment


                                • #79
                                  Pre-ordered. Woot!!



                                  ​​​​​

                                  Comment


                                  • #80
                                    Originally posted by AceMigKiller View Post
                                    Counter rotating props?
                                    C'mon guys... it's a turboprop
                                    You mean like the full size?

                                    Comment

                                    Working...
                                    X