Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• There's a lot for the cockpit and I really designed it for how it would appear when I fly it in FPV. The aft cockpit is untouched and I don't have plans right now to do anything for it. The gunsight is pretty basic and it blocks a lot of the forward view on FPV so I elected not to use it on my plane but it will work for non-FPV cockpits.

Cockpit components are:
    Gunsight
    Gunsight Panel
    Rear View Mirrors
    Air Vent
    Wet Compass
    Port Armament Panel
    Starboard Armament Panel
    APR-39 indicator
    Left side console with throttle quadrant
    Right side console

Gunsight

Click image for larger version

Name:	gunsight.jpg
Views:	1037
Size:	130.2 KB
ID:	266495

Comment

• Gunsight Panel

Name:	Gunsight Panel.jpg
Views:	1008
Size:	129.2 KB
ID:	266499

Comment

• Mirrors

These are the 3D printed parts and the looked pretty good with the silver HVAC tape stretched over them. For my FPV use though, I wanted actual mirrors. They work but they are limited in their functionality.

Name:	Mirrors.jpg
Views:	939
Size:	130.2 KB
ID:	266502Click image for larger version

Name:	H2H.jpg
Views:	938
Size:	161.0 KB
ID:	266503

Comment

• Wet Compass

Name:	Wet Compass.jpg
Views:	1276
Size:	129.0 KB
ID:	266506

Comment

• Instrument Panel Coaming Boxes

Starboard Armament Panel
            Port Armament Panel
            APR-39 Indicator

Name:	Console Boxes.jpg
Views:	1336
Size:	234.2 KB
ID:	266511

Comment

• Air Vent

Name:	Air Vent.jpg
Views:	1313
Size:	130.8 KB
ID:	266514

Comment

• Left and Right side Consoles.

Attached Files

Comment

• Airframe components

Canopy Handles
                  Wheel Hubs

The canopy handles are designed to be installed from the inside of the canopy frame. They are on both sides of the aircraft. Remove the canopy. Cut a hole large enough to fit the handle through the hole from the inside and glue the flats to the canopy frame using contact cement.

The OV-10 has a windshield wiper and I just downloaded one for a helicopter from Thingiverse and used it.

Click image for larger version  Name:	Canopy Handles.jpg Views:	0 Size:	121.3 KB ID:	266521
                  Attached Files

Comment

• Finally there are the wheel hubs. The OV has low pressure tires to be able to operate off of rough surfaces. It has large tires with small wheel hubs. I have printed a small hub that covers the spokes on the OEM wheels. I plan to paint the OEM wheel black to match the tire and then place this smaller, white painted hub to simulate the look of the full scale item.

Well, that's all I have for now. Happy flying!

Attached Files

Comment

• What a great age we live in, where we can all congregate on one common forum and even develop/print/share these add-ons with everyone.

Comment

• Yes and handy to have him around too (Vic) 😁.

I messed around with the front strut this morning trying to get the nose down stance and the proper angle of the trailing suspension. It can be done but then the nose wheel hangs out of the bay when retracted. I don't see any way to do it that wouldn't require moving the whole retract assembly.

I did replace the wheels on mine with the F-22 mains on the mains and a Stinger 90 main on the nose. Those look a ton better.

Comment

• Originally posted by vduniec View Post
                          Wing Tanks. I printed them at 2% infill to keep the weight down.

Name:	0039380.jpg
Views:	1322
Size:	101.3 KB
ID:	266487
                          Wow Vic;

Thanks for sharing the files, really appreciate it! I didn't see the wing tank files attached on here or on Thingiverse though... Do you have those handy by any chance?

Thanks;
                          Eric

Comment

• Hi Eric,

They show up for me here. I haven't uploaded all of them to Thingiverse yet. Make sure you're logged into the Squawk, otherwise you won't see the attached files. That might be the problem.

Just a warning, I had designed these files on Tinkercad so the nose portion isn't as smooth as it should be due to that program's limitations. It's goods enough for stand-off scale though.

Originally posted by Racer944 View Post

Wow Vic;

Thanks for sharing the files, really appreciate it! I didn't see the wing tank files attached on here or on Thingiverse though... Do you have those handy by any chance?

Thanks;
                            Eric

Comment

Hi Eric,

They show up for me here. I haven't uploaded all of them to Thingiverse yet. Make sure you're logged into the Squawk, otherwise you won't see the attached files. That might be the problem.

Just a warning, I had designed these files on Tinkercad so the nose portion isn't as smooth as it should be due to that program's limitations. It's goods enough for stand-off scale though.

Thanks Vic! Funny thing is when I looked again, they were there, so its possible I wasn't logged in when I first looked. No sweat on the tanks they will be perfect for me. I design also with Tinkercad so I know what you mean... A bit of post print finishing and they will be perfect for what I need I am sure.

Cheers;
                              Eric

Comment

• Finally got a couple flights in on my modded OV-10 - 60A ESCs, Eflite Power 25 870kv motors, 5-blade Scimitar props from Eflite EC1500, Freewing 3-axis gyro. This plane now has the performance that I felt was lacking. It can do a loop from level flight without any engine slow down, can go vertical from level flight for quite a good altitude before slowing down. At my 3500' above sea level, it's got a lot more straight line speed. It's become one of my top favorite prop planes (if not the most fave now). I don't even mind the gap between the cowl and the prop base plate.

Warning: Hat Cam.

Comment

• vduniec, did you print the Chaff/Flare buckets? I didn't see the files with the others. Thanks for all your detail work!!!

Disregard I found them, Thanks!

Comment

Instrument Panel Coaming Boxes

Starboard Armament Panel
                                    Port Armament Panel
                                    APR-39 Indicator

Click image for larger version  Name:	Console Boxes.jpg Views:	216 Size:	234.2 KB ID:	266511
                                    I just noticed the airspace was a bit crowded... was there conflict action going on...? 😁

Comment

• Marines and Navy enjoying some flying together... his video is a lot better than mine with the split.

Comment

• Here's a flight from today. Formation with Ray flying his OV-10 old school way with me on his wing on FPV. EvanD kept violating our airspace with his Freewing Scooter.

Name:	Form 1 Cap.jpg
Views:	957
Size:	172.4 KB
ID:	267395

Comment

• Violation, Violation! Fire a few warning shots next time
                                          Live Q&A every Tuesday and Friday at 9pm EST on my Twitch Livestream

Live chat with me and other RC Nuts on my Discord

Camp my Instagram @Alpha.Makes

Comment

Working...
                                          X