Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I agree this is one plane that can use a gyro. Scoff scoff.....

Comment

• Originally posted by xviper View Post
      A gyro on this plane is a wonderful thing. There have been those who scoff at the use of such "crutches". To them, I scoff back.
      Problem is MANY have no clue how and when to use a gyro or even set one up properly. I've seen way too many nice airplanes stuffed because of poor installation and set up..

Mike
      \"When Inverted Down Is Up And Up Is Expensive\"

Comment

• Originally posted by MikeT View Post

Problem is MANY have no clue how and when to use a gyro or even set one up properly. I've seen way too many nice airplanes stuffed because of poor installation and set up..

Mike
        Indeed! But that's the fault of the end user and not that of the equipment. It's not vastly unlike a car driver new to cruise control and unknowingly hitting the CC button when driving on a packed freeway. OOOOPS! Or like the Boeing 737 Max 8 pilots who hit the button at the wrong time and not knowing what to do about it when all goes sour. I suppose we could "ground" ALL gyros till a solution is found - either be it better education or revised software?

Comment

• Tolga.... Huey pilots from Real Model Pilots in the UK didn't work out. I got 1 email from Sean then nothing. Tried to order on his site but delivery option was only UK. I searched for a week and found same quality Pilots but not the selection on CGTrader, I downloaded the STL files I liked and printing now, not cheap but they look to be worth it. I really wish Sean would offer STL download on his Pilots, that would open him up world wide. Thanks for the info anyway!

Comment

• Originally posted by thomasnwilliams View Post
            Tolga.... Huey pilots from Real Model Pilots in the UK didn't work out. I got 1 email from Sean then nothing. Tried to order on his site but delivery option was only UK. I searched for a week and found same quality Pilots but not the selection on CGTrader, I downloaded the STL files I liked and printing now, not cheap but they look to be worth it. I really wish Sean would offer STL download on his Pilots, that would open him up world wide. Thanks for the info anyway!
            The nice thing about the guy on CG trader that sells the pilots, you can usually swap heads to get the look you want.

Comment

• Approaching finish time on mine. Been much longer than i wanted but its coming together and with most of the repaint done, im working to finalize the graphics and decals for the VMO-2 DS 91' version. Pretty much stock with a few minor additions and changes but with work and getting a house ready to list, its been a rough juggling act to try and finish this out. One thing im doing is using Frsky Horus or Taranis with a S8R stab receiver as a yaw damper.gyro.
              Who else here is using Frsky on this Bronco? Could use some similar radio setup advice as its my first time programming OpenTX. My inspiration has been the Europe airshow ersion which is a none DS participant but does replicate the actual bird but i have found much less photos to work from as compared to the F-AZKM version. Has anyone found a good photo of the boom flare/chaff dispenser????
              Click image for larger version

Name:	155428_2.jpg
Views:	872
Size:	225.1 KB
ID:	271627
              Click image for larger version

Name:	775800.jpg
Views:	820
Size:	115.9 KB
ID:	271628

Comment

• Agree Gilatrout... I got three different heads with each of the Pilots I bought/downloaded yesterday. Looks like the 1/12 scale is what is going to work best for the OV-10 cockpit.

Comment

• Sam51401.... look at Vduniec's design work on pages 43/44. If you 3D print all his STL files are there to include the Chaff buckets and placements. I've used everything he made in the process of detailing my cockpit and plane. Have fun!

Comment

• Thomas, yes indeed. I printed the disco ball and its ready to mount, wait till you see how close the vinyl i used replicates the mirrors, even the rose tint. Once i get it flying i plan to print the pylons and Sidewinder rails along with the 7 shot rocket tubes. Im upgrading my 3D printer and will see how my prints turn out before printing more items. So far its been the disco ball, windshield wiper and the APR-39 radar warning "warts". Ill post some detail pics a little later.

Comment

• Originally posted by sam51401 View Post
                      Thomas, yes indeed. I printed the disco ball and its ready to mount, wait till you see how close the vinyl i used replicates the mirrors, even the rose tint. Once i get it flying i plan to print the pylons and Sidewinder rails along with the 7 shot rocket tubes. Im upgrading my 3D printer and will see how my prints turn out before printing more items. So far its been the disco ball, windshield wiper and the APR-39 radar warning "warts". Ill
                      post some detail pics a little later.

Glad to see that the files are being used! So many have contributed to this hobby to make it better that I’m finally happy to be able to return the favor. Sorry I haven’t done anything for the back cockpit because I was focusing on making the FPV view as best I can. You can probably get away with printing the front side consoles for the back.

I have the same radio and receiver in my OV-10. PM me if you need any help with it. OpenTX is a challenge to learn but it’s incredibly powerful with what you can do with it once you get a handle on it.

Comment

• More options for Weapon systems....... https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...cults3d-links) I used all these files on my A-10, along with his Detailed Cockpit upgrade, DirtyDee did great work! As you look thru the Systems listed for the OV-10 this gives you room to expand your Static view. Fun Fun

Finally got through the order process for Real Pilots in UK and ordered Tolga's two Huey Pilot.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tono View Post
                          Has anyone had trouble with their motor mounts melting? I ran my OV-10 for a couple of minutes on the ground to see if I had a couple of extra minutes past my timer. Later I heard some rubbing noise and found out that the mounts melted a bit. Running everything stock.
                          Yes, actually. I had smoke coming out of a dead motor/speed controller after a low pass a little over a month ago. Motion asked for a crash report which I provided with pictures and witness contact information. After 2 weeks they closed the ticket without contacting me. I've had them reopen the ticket and sent some parts back. I've stayed off of the Squawk until now hoping that there would be some sort of resolution, but that's not the case. They don't seem interested in communicating, never did contact the witnesses. Over my many many planes I've purchased over the last decade I can't remember being more disappointed. I hope this is a one-off deal. There are some really nice customized models on this forum.

Comment

• Hopefully they see this post and respond. If not call Tom, the owner.

Comment

• Originally posted by Evan D View Post
                              Hopefully they see this post and respond. If not call Tom, the owner.
                              Thanks for the pointer. I keep telling myself it'll work out, they must be understaffed or something... idk.

Comment

• You are not the only one recently to complain about CS...

Comment

• Flew my new OV10 for the first time and after about 4 minutes using (2) 4s 4000 mah batteries I lost power, possibly in one motor, and lost all control and crashed. I checked the battery condition in both batteries and found that there was still about 65% power remaining. Anybody else have similar problem?

Comment

• Originally posted by donskit View Post
                                    Flew my new OV10 for the first time and after about 4 minutes using (2) 4s 4000 mah batteries I lost power, possibly in one motor, and lost all control and crashed. I checked the battery condition in both batteries and found that there was still about 65% power remaining. Anybody else have similar problem?
                                    Yes, exact same issue. I issued a crash report with MotionRC over a month ago. They are not communicating... we'll see what happens. Very disappointing.

Comment

• Well, I didn't lose all control, but lost a motor with no altitude or airspeed. Batteries came back healthy and with plenty of juice.

Comment

• Do both esc's still work our you loose one? If the batteries came back with enough juice then the next would be the esc. I know they are fairly low on amps and hence not much overheard room but might consider another esc brand with maybe 45a.

Comment

• Both esc are still working but I test ran them afterward and they pull about 25 amps but do run quite hot

Comment

Working...
                                          X