X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello MikeT
    The Uravitch ARF was a 52 incher distributed by Scaletech (now gone) which is what is in my avatar and he also did the 81 inch kit as you noted.
    MountainRC could very well be correct about the HAN9 aspect because I just stumble across another post over on RC Universe eluding to the same.

RC Warbirds and Warplanes - New Hangar 9 OV-10 Bronco perhaps ? - Spotted this OV-10 at Top Gun on Thursday being flown by Ali M. of Horizon Hobby-just speculation on my part but I am guessing it's a Hangar 9 ARF future project ? Don't know much about it, except that it is large and this example is electric powered.

Ya'll must know by now that I'll be keeping an ear to the mumblings on this.
    Warbird Charlie
    HSD Skyraider FlightLine OV-10 FMS 1400: P-40B, P-51, F4U, F6F, T-28, P-40E, Pitts, 1700 F4U & F7F, FOX glider Freewing A-6, T-33, P-51 Dynam ME-262, Waco TF Giant P-47; ESM F7F-3 LX PBJ-1 EFL CZ T-28, C-150, 1500 P-51 & FW-190

Comment

• OV10 That would be a nice addition your hangar. That one looks nicely done.

Comment

• Originally posted by Twowingtj View Post
        OV10 That would be a nice addition your hangar. That one looks nicely done.
        I'm poking around to see if I can find any info on that OV-10 at Top Gun.

Mike
        \"When Inverted Down Is Up And Up Is Expensive\"

Comment

• It's a H9 and there is a short clip of it flying at the Horizon field before TG. Noon demo vid on YT also

Comment

• Originally posted by sam51401 View Post
            It's a H9 and there is a short clip of it flying at the Horizon field before TG. Noon demo vid on YT also
            https://www.facebook.com/HorizonHobb...52973581492650

Interesting on "bucking the system " as far as release info. 9:22 mark

Mike

Comment

• Does anybody know where I can find the ESC programming guide? ...trying to figure out the beep sequence.

Thanks,

Mike

Comment

• In the B-24 info at Motion

Comment

• Someone asked for the link to the Demo Ali did at Top Gun
                  This is a sneak peak at one of Horizon Hobby's newest ARF's they will be releasing to the market early next year. This ARF will be available in the color sc...

Comment

• MikeT and sam51401
                    Thanx for the vid links. The horizon rep in the vid confirmed that the "official" HH release of the H9 Bronco will occur in Dec.
                    Warbird Charlie
                    HSD Skyraider FlightLine OV-10 FMS 1400: P-40B, P-51, F4U, F6F, T-28, P-40E, Pitts, 1700 F4U & F7F, FOX glider Freewing A-6, T-33, P-51 Dynam ME-262, Waco TF Giant P-47; ESM F7F-3 LX PBJ-1 EFL CZ T-28, C-150, 1500 P-51 & FW-190

Comment

• That H9 OV-10 would end up being between $2000.00 to $2500.00 if you put really good stuff into it. That's a bit too rich for me. I'm really happy with my FL OV-10. Maybe when I get a bit older (much older than dirt), I'll get rid of 1/2 my current inventory and go for this one.
                      The H9 is really nice. How come it doesn't waddle like the FL one? Is it because it's so much bigger and heavier?

Comment

• Yes..

Comment

• Originally posted by sam51401 View Post
                          Someone asked for the link to the Demo Ali did at Top Gun
                          https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZuGwPHnhn70
                          Very cool.
                          Mike

Comment

• Originally posted by xviper View Post
                            That H9 OV-10 would end up being between $2000.00 to $2500.00 if you put really good stuff into it. That's a bit too rich for me. I'm really happy with my FL OV-10. Maybe when I get a bit older (much older than dirt), I'll get rid of 1/2 my current inventory and go for this one.
                            The H9 is really nice. How come it doesn't waddle like the FL one? Is it because it's so much bigger and heavier?
                            I think your guesstamate is low. I might do it but I have a few other "pricey" builds going on right now to jump on it or anything else right now.

Mike

Comment

• Originally posted by MikeT View Post

I think your guesstamate is low. I might do it but I have a few other "pricey" builds going on right now to jump on it or anything else right now.

Mike
                              That's even more scary. I haven't entered that realm of pricey-ness yet.

Comment

• The ARF itself is usually only about 20% - 30% of the total for a flying aircraft. Especially with a big twin. Don't add up the reciepts at the end and just have fun flying it!

Comment

• Originally posted by OV10 View Post
                                  Hello MikeT
                                  The Uravitch ARF was a 52 incher distributed by Scaletech (now gone) which is what is in my avatar and he also did the 81 inch kit as you noted.
                                  MountainRC could very well be correct about the HAN9 aspect because I just stumble across another post over on RC Universe eluding to the same.

RC Warbirds and Warplanes - New Hangar 9 OV-10 Bronco perhaps ? - Spotted this OV-10 at Top Gun on Thursday being flown by Ali M. of Horizon Hobby-just speculation on my part but I am guessing it's a Hangar 9 ARF future project ? Don't know much about it, except that it is large and this example is electric powered.

Ya'll must know by now that I'll be keeping an ear to the mumblings on this.
                                  I believe it is and hope it’s true. H9 has been putting hints on FB in comments and on there last Air hang out Ali mentioned h9 OV-10 in the comments. Only time will tell and yes I believe if it’s true it’s definitely going to be in the 2000$ Range. But would be an amazing build durning the winter months if you live somewhere it’s snows!!! I’ve been looking for an ARF to do over winter I’m waiting for the right one.

Comment

• Originally posted by MountainRC View Post

I believe it is and hope it’s true. H9 has been putting hints on FB in comments and on there last Air hang out Ali mentioned h9 OV-10 in the comments. Only time will tell and yes I believe if it’s true it’s definitely going to be in the 2000$ Range. But would be an amazing build durning the winter months if you live somewhere it’s snows!!! I’ve been looking for an ARF to do over winter I’m waiting for the right one.
                                    Ali stated the ARF will be around $1500 with retracts going for around $500. So all kitted out and ready to fly I'd say the cost will be $2500 to $3000.

Wing span 109"
                                    Power 30cc gas or electric equivalent
                                    All up flight weight about 40 pounds
                                    Best regards,
                                    Cris B.
                                    AMA#L945841, NASA#2845, JPO#2503,
                                    NSRCA#4603, IMAC#7357

Comment

• Thankfully, there is a Flightline Ov10 that looks amazing and is affordable enough to fly the horseshoes off of it.

I do understand the differences that make those planes worth it to some. But I think I would need a gyro on my transmitter for that one or two times I flew it to smooth out the shaking. After that I'd convert it into a chandelier, for a better return on investment.

Comment

• James and MRC tech gurus and others smarter than I !!!!
                                        I have come to the stage of plug and near ready to play and have an idea I like to share for feed back on the possible receiver connections. I am using a Horus X10S Express with the S6R and only the six channels with s-port. Since all rcvr ports will be used for servo connections and battery sensor, that left the BEC to be Y’d with one of the functions. The Elevator is connected direct to the rcvr and the BBox Input on it is left open.
                                        Can the BEC be plugged into the BBox Elev Input and power the radio similar to a Y directly on the rcvr?
                                        Yes, I could use a 8 channel rcvr but not needed. This could also be applied to others that may only have a 6 and don’t want to buy a new rcvr or fool with a second y adapter, the other is the flap 3 way.
                                        Thanks and pictures forth coming on the make over to DS 91’ scheme.

Comment

• Well seems this thread has lost interest but none the less, the plugging of the BEC to the BBox INPUT for the Elevator works great. No added Y harness and still on the min 6 channel receiver that a lot of people have available. After looking at the sheet that covers both versions of the box, the larger box does indeed have a dedicated UBEC port on it and BOTH give a max voltage of 6v servos so not sure if a separate LiFe battery would exceed the handling voltage but a BEC set for 5.5-6.0 will work just great. *I know some preferr to have a rcvr battery dedicated from the flight packs.
                                          Horus X10S Express all set and ready to maiden

Comment

Working...
                                          X