X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[/QUOTE]
    And now the piece de resistance, with the outer wings panels removed for transport it fit into the crew section of the F-150 with room to spare.
    Any other 55” warbird would have to go in the box or have the wings removed.

[/QUOTE] ​

great write up! Glad they sent you one. Looks like it will fit fine in the backseat of my Canyon 👍🏼👍🏼

Comment

Yes, the full-scale has counter-rotating props,,,

Comment

Yeah, I'm just razzing them, but also my friend just corrected me... Full scale OV-10 does in fact have counter-rotating props.

I don't think I've flown a full-scale turbo that has counter rotating

Comment

Originally posted by Ken Smith View Post
          Hey Ken, I'm sure someone here will design a set of doors that we can 3D print. They will attach to the bottom of the airplane, not the struts. We need a spring-loaded hinge to mount them - and when the gear comes up the gear strut can grab a spring to pull the doors shut just like on the Tigercat. Here's a pic, you can see the doors.

Hmm.., this one has 4-bladed props. The 4-bladed props on the Dynam B26 and P61 are 10.5 inches in diameter and come in reg and CR.. I wonder if they would work?

Click image for larger version

Name:	Bronco.jpg
Views:	1676
Size:	104.7 KB
ID:	248155
          Marc flies FW & FL: AL37, MiG-29, T45,F4, A4, A10, F104 70 and 90, P38, Dauntless SBD, Corsair, B17, B24, B26 & P61, Lipp.P19, ME262, Komets, Vampire, SeaVixen, FMS Tigercat, FOX Glider & Radian XL.

Rabid Models foamies, including my 8' B17 & 9' B36... and my Mud Ducks! www.rabidmodels.com

Comment

Originally posted by fjkelley@cox.net View Post
            First off, the OV-10A "Bronco" was, is, will be my all-time favorite airplane. I flew the full scale (Air Force) in Vietnam as a Forward Air Controller (just under 1000 hours). LOVED flying the airplane.
            Now, here is my "beefs": NO gear doors! BIG shortcoming for me. And, bad for me, it comes in bile Marine Green! It would require a complete re-do (like I did on my Pro Fly OV..

Old Dawg
            Old Dawg, thank you for your service, I am honored that we have a genuine FAC in this community!

​​​​
            We've had an A-10 driver from Desert Storm, Charlie (username "OV-10“) worked on the Nimitz, active airline pilots, F-4 pilots, and many other people who've served in and among the aircraft and vessels we bring to life in RC. I'm sure we'd all love hearing a story or two from you about operating the real Bronco over Vietnam. There is sadly too little on the internet about Forward Air Controllers at that time. The Bird Dog and Bronco crews, especially. Low flying, slow moving, always putting themselves in danger to help others.

As a bit of history on our RC's development side, since you make a valid observation :

We weren't able to get doors into the final PNP's feature set because the Bronco's boom walls are so thin at this scale that reliable door hinges required a large plastic box to reinforce the entire area, which, for all three U/C, amounted to a 7% increase in weight, 20‰ increase in stall speed, and ~12% increase in price. We opted to spend the lower weight/cost for the practical advantages of pre-installed suspension struts instead, reasoning that most beginners, to whom this model is primarily engineered in response to frequent requests for a good "first twin", would benefit from more than the neat aesthetic factor of doors. We also trended to dig in the nose door during landing in tall grass fields during our early prototype testing.

Considering in 2020 this third FlightLine twin is cheaper than our first FlightLine twin was in 2015 (after installing the P-38's separate suspension struts), I hope most would agree that's quite a feat.

About the color... I'm a USAF guy by birthright, so I hear you, but we had to give our Marines guys some love since three of our past four milJets have been USAF, haha. Fire up the rattle can and custom doors, same as it sounds like what you did for your big balsa ProFly OV-10.

I would love to see this bird in USAF gray.

By the looks of it, perhaps more than a few of you will be custom painting your FlightLine Broncos!

Live Q&A every Tuesday and Friday at 9pm EST on my Twitch Livestream

Live chat with me and other RC Nuts on my Discord

Camp my Instagram @Alpha.Makes

Comment

Count me in, pre ordered. Couldn't pass on the menacing look of the Bronco.

Comment

It looks beautiful!

Comment

Originally posted by themudduck View Post

Hey Ken, I'm sure someone here will design a set of doors that we can 3D print. They will attach to the bottom of the airplane, not the struts. We need a spring-loaded hinge to mount them - and when the gear comes up the gear strut can grab a spring to pull the doors shut just like on the Tigercat. Here's a pic, you can see the doors.

Hmm.., this one has 4-bladed props. The 4-bladed props on the Dynam B26 and P61 are 10.5 inches in diameter and come in reg and CR.. I wonder if they would work?
                  Hello MudDuck ………. the 10.5 inch will not have clearance issues with the fuselage nor the tarmac as long as your not hypercompressing the gear on landings.
                  The motors that the Bronco has are the 3530-kV860 whereas the Datrum/Tomcat motors for those Dynam 4 blades is 3512-kV650.
                  The Dynam motor diameter should have no clearance issue in the cowl but the length could be problematic for prop clearance on the face of the cowl.
                  Another possible fit would be the 3720-kV650 that is in the Dynam Waco and FW-190.
                  Let the modding begin
                  Warbird Charlie
                  HSD Skyraider FlightLine OV-10 FMS 1400: P-40B, P-51, F4U, F6F, T-28, P-40E, Pitts, 1700 F4U & F7F, FOX glider Freewing A-6, T-33, P-51 Dynam ME-262, Waco TF Giant P-47; ESM F7F-3 LX PBJ-1 EFL CZ T-28, C-150, 1500 P-51 & FW-190

Comment

Originally posted by OV10 View Post

Hello MudDuck ………. the 10.5 inch will not have clearance issues with the fuselage nor the tarmac as long as your not hypercompressing the gear on landings.
                    The motors that the Bronco has are the 3530-kV860 whereas the Datrum/Tomcat motors for those Dynam 4 blades is 3512-kV650.
                    The Dynam motor diameter should have no clearance issue in the cowl but the length could be problematic for prop clearance on the face of the cowl.
                    Another possible fit would be the 3720-kV650 that is in the Dynam Waco and FW-190.
                    Let the modding begin
                    Hello there Charlie -- well I will certainly try it out as stock first, but I am a sucker for large props! I'll just have to wait until summertime to play around with it. Can't wait!

Dear Alpha, congratulations on another really excellent product. Understanding that every model has some compromises to make it work the way you need it to, I really appreciate the care you take to make these models the right way and I've never been disappointed with any of my MRC planes. I'm sure this one won't be any different as far as that goes!
                    Marc flies FW & FL: AL37, MiG-29, T45,F4, A4, A10, F104 70 and 90, P38, Dauntless SBD, Corsair, B17, B24, B26 & P61, Lipp.P19, ME262, Komets, Vampire, SeaVixen, FMS Tigercat, FOX Glider & Radian XL.

Rabid Models foamies, including my 8' B17 & 9' B36... and my Mud Ducks! www.rabidmodels.com

Comment

I think it looks awsome regardless of any compromise made
                      I look forword to ordering one along as cv19 dosent impact cash flow stay safe people thanks motion and alpha

Comment

Ordered...
                        TiredIron Aviation
                        Tired Iron Military Vehicles

Comment

Congrats on releasing an uncommonly modelled a/c subject. However that fact that its 1400mm and not 6S compatible out of the box means its not on my wish list. Love my FL 1600mm Spit and F4U, but (speaking from experience) the stock FL 1600mm Tigercat and P-38 look, feel and fly like poor relations when compared to say the stock FMS 1700mm Tigercat. Given Freewing's excellent 6S EDF line up wouldn't it be a no brainer to make the OV10 6S out of the box and a decent (1600mm+) size?? With so many cool full size schemes available I'm looking forward to seeing the community customize the (frankly) drab base scheme into something much more memorable too. Enjoy your Broncos gents.

Comment

Months away from this site busting butt trying to rebuild Paradise CA. First time I've checked in since September and bang - Here It Is!!! Oh Charlie this is so cool for you. Had to order one even though I can't remember how to fly anymore. Thanks Alpha and congrats Charlie.

Comment

Well done Sir! Nice review! We finally got our foam OV-10A! Order Placed! Can't wait for it to get here!!!!

Comment

Shrop Welcome to Hobby Squawk! I hope you stay a while!

The FlightLine 1.6m P-38 eclipsed the FMS 1.4m P-38, but it's not a fair comparison since they were priced differently and geared toward different markets.

Following that logic, the FMS 1.7m Tigercat is $549, which is 30% more than this FlightLine OV-10. Yes, the FMS Tigercat is a great machine, but it's targeted toward an entirely different machine than our beginner-friendly, easy-to-transport, 7-8 minute flight time, $379 1.4m OV-10. I suppose we could have made a 1.6m 1/7.5 scale OV-10, but 1) we already have a ProFly 1.8m OV-10 and they're too close for comfort, and 2) a 1.6m would have cost $549 and be heavier than the 1.8m 80mm A-10.

Ultimately, we make the call based on our intended audience for a specific bird. Bottom line is that there will be plenty of $500+ airplanes coming this year, but we didn't want this one to be one of them. The majority of our most popular selling products center in the $300-$400 range. Above that, and the fall off is precipitous.

Also, the wingspan measurement alone is a deceptive number with an OV-10... this 1.4m OV-10 is 1/8.5 scale, and it stands taller and longer than the 1/10 scale 1.6m P-38 from FlightLine. If we had made them the same scale at 1/10, the OV-10 would have been 1.2m.

Click image for larger version  Name:	DSC01916.JPG Views:	0 Size:	155.8 KB ID:	248227
                                Live Q&A every Tuesday and Friday at 9pm EST on my Twitch Livestream

Live chat with me and other RC Nuts on my Discord

Camp my Instagram @Alpha.Makes

Comment

Originally posted by Dual Prop Dave View Post
                                  Well done Sir! Nice review! We finally got our foam OV-10A! Order Placed! Can't wait for it to get here!!!!
                                  Dave......I promise that I WILL make it down to your neck of the woods one of these days. We just got to get through this latest arse ache encroaching on our boyhood happiness and we'll fly these in formation.
                                  Be safe and hopefully we'll get to meet sometime soon.
                                  Warbird Charlie
                                  HSD Skyraider FlightLine OV-10 FMS 1400: P-40B, P-51, F4U, F6F, T-28, P-40E, Pitts, 1700 F4U & F7F, FOX glider Freewing A-6, T-33, P-51 Dynam ME-262, Waco TF Giant P-47; ESM F7F-3 LX PBJ-1 EFL CZ T-28, C-150, 1500 P-51 & FW-190

Comment

Originally posted by Westsider View Post
                                    Months away from this site busting butt trying to rebuild Paradise CA. First time I've checked in since September and bang - Here It Is!!! Oh Charlie this is so cool for you. Had to order one even though I can't remember how to fly anymore. Thanks Alpha and congrats Charlie.
                                    Your timing couldn't have been more perfect Westy. Glad to see ya back and good to know that you're safe
                                    Warbird Charlie

Comment

Hey Charlie, I have 6 4s 5000ma and would two of those be too big or is there room with them moved aft?
                                      I would love to paint this one in Desert Storm VMO-2 scheme to mate up with my Profly VMO-2 76' UU and i have looked for decals and pics to compile for Callie to use but have found little. The only thing i can come up with is a 1/48 set of decals from Cutting Edge, #48010 and limited edition at that. Below is a snip from a pic i found but have not found the matching 3 views for placement. Would any pony fan have this set that can scan or pic the 3-views?
                                      Charlie or anyone, What color would be best to recommend to Callie for the nomenclature color. If i use the color chart off a modeling site, would it be the Dark Tan FS30219 or Earth Red FS30117
                                      Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by OV10 View Post

Dave......I promise that I WILL make it down to your neck of the woods one of these days. We just got to get through this latest arse ache encroaching on our boyhood happiness and we'll fly these in formation.
                                        Be safe and hopefully we'll get to meet sometime soon.
                                        Charlie I look forward to the day I can finally meet you in person!
                                        I would be more than happy to make the trip to the beautiful state of NY and fly with you and your fellow pilots. Looking forward to some formation flying!
                                        I always enjoyed a scoot around the western parts on my Davidson with friends! such nice polite people there.....always a good time!

Stay safe my friend and hopefully see you in the near future.

Fair winds and following skies.

Comment

• Originally posted by Westsider View Post
                                          Welcome back! Great to see you back on HobbySquawk. What a perfect time to head on back with a brand new OV-10 .

Comment

Working...
                                          X