X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by JLambCWU View Post

Totally agree with the cost/structure consideration to keep this model open to the masses, especially in price. While I would have liked to see a 6S system, what Alpha and the rest of the group has come up with is awesome. I was one of the first pre’orders regardless. Mine will get converted and will post it up for those wishing to do the same. 👍🏼👍🏼
    As a modder I will be very interested to see that
    Warbird Charlie
    HSD Skyraider FlightLine OV-10 FMS 1400: P-40B, P-51, F4U, F6F, T-28, P-40E, Pitts, 1700 F4U & F7F, FOX glider Freewing A-6, T-33, P-51 Dynam ME-262, Waco TF Giant P-47; ESM F7F-3 LX PBJ-1 EFL CZ T-28, C-150, 1500 P-51 & FW-190

Comment

• Warbird Charlie want to ask what batteries were you using, want to see if I can use my Hobby Star 4600 batteries. I use the in the Tigercat.

Ken

Comment

• Originally posted by Ken Smith View Post
        Warbird Charlie want to ask what batteries were you using, want to see if I can use my Hobby Star 4600 batteries. I use the in the Tigercat.

Ken
        Ken Smith Using two pairs of 2 serial 2S 5000 Admirals(tot of 4 individual 2S batteries).
        Can't see a reason why the 4600's won't work. Check the build out at post#42
        Warbird Charlie
        HSD Skyraider FlightLine OV-10 FMS 1400: P-40B, P-51, F4U, F6F, T-28, P-40E, Pitts, 1700 F4U & F7F, FOX glider Freewing A-6, T-33, P-51 Dynam ME-262, Waco TF Giant P-47; ESM F7F-3 LX PBJ-1 EFL CZ T-28, C-150, 1500 P-51 & FW-190

Comment

• Dang, and the last time I checked on the site before a round of busting butt keeping shelves full of food for our Albertson's customers, the airplane hadn't been announced yet!!!

First and foremost, I am so jacked that my buddy CB will once again have the sight sound and smell of an OV-10 gracing his hangar
          Anyone who knows Charlie knows what a loss his OV-10 represented when it became a victim of the infamous hangar fire (along with other priceless items). True to form, CB picked himself up dusted himself off carried on and started rebuilding the fleet. Charlie, you are a microcosm for our country right now with the example of what we should all be expected to do in the coming months!! Many of us called for an OV-10 from Flightline, in our price point for years now and finally, the wait is over!!
          Unfortunately for me, the money is too tight to afford new planes so I'll have to live vicariously through all of you who purchase this airplane, good luck to you all as I look enviously on!
          I'd just like to post a couple of pics from the files to remember my friend flying that wonderful OV-10 and look forward to adding new ones of his new bird in the air!
          Click image for larger version

Name:	Nefi 2017 126.JPG
Views:	1125
Size:	181.8 KB
ID:	248358Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_9973.JPG
Views:	1269
Size:	82.9 KB
ID:	248359Click image for larger version

Name:	Nefi 2017 158.JPG
Views:	1258
Size:	64.1 KB
ID:	248360

Grossman56
          Team Gross!

Comment

• Grossman56 Thanx my friend Tell Di I said hello
            Warbird Charlie

Comment

• Wohoo! Just pre-ordered. Been waiting for a Bronco for a long time. My new favorite airplane before I even fly it!

Comment

• So right when the Profly was announced, i had a Uravitch 52" kit and started to look for struts. The struts are sitting on the plans for comparison and fit well and this plane being 4 inches bigger in span leads me to these being a great alternate for struts.
                Click image for larger version  Name:	main52.jpg Views:	0 Size:	54.1 KB ID:	248390Click image for larger version  Name:	nose gear.jpg Views:	0 Size:	55.5 KB ID:	248391 The nose strut is the FW 90mm Yak-130 and the mains are from the 90mm T45.

Comment

• I too am curious if the struts will work on my Rich Uravitch OV10. I might have to order this one just to see. As far as the question on batteries in the ProFly, I use 2 5000 mah 5s in it. They are wired in parallel so in essence it's 10000 mah going to two motors. In my Uravitch OV10 I use one 5000 mah 4s in it. It has Rimfire 32s in it. It also flies great and has plenty of oomph. Both fly for almost 8 minutes if i just cruise around. A side note on the Uravitch version, it doesn't come with flaps so i cut the ailerons where the red and white meet on them and added two servos. They're not big but definitely help in landing.

Comment

• I was going to order one as I was drooling watching the flying videos and my wife said to stop drooling I am not getting one right now. At least I can still watch the videos.

Comment

• In Germany they were used as a target tow plane!
                      Click image for larger version

Name:	German Bronco.jpg
Views:	1654
Size:	59.2 KB
ID:	248549

Comment

• I have spent the whole morning re-searching for reference photos for modding and detailing.
                        Tolga
                        Instagram: @_t01ga_
                        YouTube: t01ga

Comment

• t01ga I couldn't even begin to put a finger on the thousands of hours I've spent over the years searching sources for all the birds I've done over time......……..isn't it great fun and educational
                          Warbird Charlie

Comment

• Originally posted by OV10 View Post
                            t01ga I couldn't even begin to put a finger on the thousands of hours I've spent over the years searching sources for all the birds I've done over time......……..isn't it great fun and educational
                            Absolutely Charlie. With each plane you become aware of remarkable piece of history which otherwise you probably wouldn't have. I am now loaded and waiting to reflect that on my Bronco.
                            Tolga

Comment

• Originally posted by JLambCWU View Post

Are you saying you fly the ProFly on a SINGLE 5S?

Because we are talking about flying the new OV-10 on a SINGLE 6S battery. Much like the FMS Tigercat.

i have over $5k worth of 6S batteries and exactly 2 4S batteries, as I primarily fly 6S EDFs.

I for one would like to be able to fly this new bird on a single 6S that I already own. I have no intention of buying $1000+ worth of 4S batteries, ever.

Amazing release from Freewing and Motion, just want to be able to use my 50+ 6S batteries. 👍🏼👍🏼

PS: A single 6S 5000 is lighter than the recommended two 4S batteries.

Think so too, have no other 4S model, only 3S and 6S and now do not want to grow a 4S arsenal for this Bronco.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mad Baron View Post
                                I was going to order one as I was drooling watching the flying videos and my wife said to stop drooling I am not getting one right now. At least I can still watch the videos.
                                If my wife says I can't get one I buy two ....

I pay all the bills here if she stays quiet I buy one and toss a few extra bucks in the house

I'm kinda screwed up this way ....I know

I already bought one house and one condo for women I don't like

Comment

• When I saw the promo from Motion RC I had to look. I still have three different Broncos still in the box. I said to myself "no way no how" am I buying another one. Oh the flesh is weak...of course I pre ordered one this morning. I have eight 4S 5200 batts for my EDF Marlin foamy jets. Those 9.5" props have got to go along with the noisey wheels but I'm stoked again.
                                  Rob

Comment

• Originally posted by Shrop View Post

Thanks for the welcome Alpha, been a long time bystander to the Squawk, but with the current lockdown and little opportunity to enjoy my latest FW/FL purchases (AL37, T-33, 1600mm Spitty and F4U) thought it was time to register and contribute. You make salient points in your reply and should be warmly congratulated for continuing, during these unprecedented times, to feed us RC hungry foamie flyers with new planes to hue and cry over.
                                    From my personal point of view there is really very little price difference between say the FMS 1700mm 6S Tigercat and the FW 1600mm 4S Tigercat, yet they are poles apart in specification and performance. I am a platinum FMS customer so I get a 10% discount when I buy direct from the FMS website. They also offer 100% free shipping to me in Australia. When I buy a Freewing plane I am looking at at least AU$180 in shipping. We do have a very limited number of local FW dealers here in Aus, but it is always cheaper for me to buy from overseas and cop the postage charge. So for me personally the comparison between the FW and FMS F7F's is valid as they are very similarly priced. I should also declare that having owned (or test flown for friends) over 250 types in my time flying rc I have recently reduced my own personal fleet to just 6S birds now, so I am biased towards 6S.
                                    Having said all this, if I lived in the US I would enjoy free shipping from Motion RC and not be ripped off with an Aus dollar exchange rate that makes it less valuable than toilet paper squares at the moment, but I can't help where I live and Austalia has always been a back of beyond, insignificant little backwater when it comes to RC.
                                    Keep up the great work Alpha and team , I genuinely look forward to seeing the many upcoming Bronco mods and schemes once they are in the hands of the community. Similarly I am always keenly anticipating and hoping on what's coming next. I'd kill for an 80mm Hawker Hunter and a 1600-1800mm Mossie if you're asking ;-)
                                    Fair winds, blue skies and clean hands to all Squawkers from Down Under.
                                    I have both the FMS tigercat and the freewing one I am in North America

My FMS one had issues

One major the wing connectors give out it's not a good system ten or twelve y harnesses later it's fixed but it's a pia to transport and build now I rarely fly it

Bad glue and hardware cost me a cowl cover guess what ....in available built my own with a cheap plastic bowl

Retracts are solid but if you break one try to get spares

And it's really not that fast either

I think that some you tubers up the motors and bats as to make the plane perform faster

I recall a few years back a video with a 109 in it from FMS screaming across the sky

I have it and it doesn't scream across the sky then I switched the motor esc and bat to six cell and now it screams across the sky

That same plane I saw on you tube that same day caught fire 🔥 burned into a hole in the ground while the pro pilot was trying to beat out the flames

So to me what's more important is dealer integrity parts availability

Which I do not unfortunately feel I receive from other vendors

Another example

Another vendor sells two warbirds one has a 460 motor and a 100 amp esc the other a 460 motor and a 70 amp esc both swing identical props

Logic says something doesn't add up

Reality says the 400 dollar plane with the 70 fails and crashed

Lucky you can get parts

Meanwhile the brand new one with the 100 amp esc fly's well except bad design means the wheels are too hard it bounces like a bronco and the doors fly off at half throttle

And when you break that inevitable prop or retract you find out that it's deliberately engineered as to not accept aftermarket parts and you are forced to buy parts from them that they never stock

And then you watch a rep say on you tube

If the plane doesn't sell we won't stock the parts we are business people

To which I reply that's understandable I'm a business person too and if I can't get support for an item I use even if it's nice or cheaper by a little it's not a good investment so I'll pass

No matter how nice it looks

As for the FW tigercat

I lose a little size

Never a problem with parts parts most models are interchangeable and 99 percent in stock

And in some cases as in the F86 80 five years later you can still fly it and fix it

That's a better investment

This is exactly why when I say some vendors will never see another dime from me it's not out of resentment or anger it's out of practicality

I have found in general three types of dealers in aircraft

fast promotion saturation adds.... five to ten you tubers who one week wear one hat the next another generally targeting new pilots with shock and awe

Followed by shoddy workmanship no parts and early discontinued

To the next new thing which is smart on say 100 dollar plane but savage on a 500 dollar plane

Second is high end we charge upwards of a grand but expect superior quality we don't sell slot but what we do sell is way above grade and we don't market that much because our reputation speaks for itself

Third is the we sell planes that are affordable and you can count on parts years from now we market less we generally use the same people who are only wearing our hat

And everything from ordering to parts will be as smooth as silk

Occasionally we will mess up and either discontinue or even boot a manufacturer that's unworthy of our business model of customer satisfaction we seek long term repeat as opposed to mass right now

as you can tell I'm going cabin fever

Anyhow on this bird I will buy it but I won't pre order not because I don't trust the vendor

It's because this day is today and being recent events there's no guarantee I'll be here in June

Scarey isn't it

What I will do is order something else available now life has blessed me with the ability to get one or two planes per month to tinker with

I'll go with the F22

Next month the F18

What I won't do is support vendors who don't support me and consider profit over customer satisfaction

I am 100 percent sure this new plane will create lots of smiles

Comment

• Happy Easter everyone!

Alpha, would it be possible to have two offerings of the OV10? A plain version for those of us who want to do a different paint scheme and the current version? Such as was done with the AL37 and the FA/18.

That would make repainting the '10 that much easier than having to add multiple coats of a lighter color (white) to hide the green thus keeping the weight to a minimum.

Comment

• Click image for larger version

Name:	50ACB730-7B14-4404-8ED5-A8D725E056DA.png
Views:	1142
Size:	202.0 KB
ID:	248647
                                        Just ordered these wheels in 2,75 and 2,5”. Looks more scale; more chubby with smaller hubs. It may well be more cushiony as well. I will report back in June
                                        Tolga

Comment

• Originally posted by t01ga View Post
                                          Just ordered these wheels in 2,75 and 2,5”. Looks more scale; more chubby with smaller hubs. It may well be more cushiony as well. I will report back in June
                                          t01ga Yep, the smaller hub and wider profile(chubby look) does look more scale. Who's the manufacturer ?
                                          Warbird Charlie

Comment

Working...
                                          X