X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by FreightShaker69 View Post
    I’m having a wiring issue. I’m new to this so bare with me. Where do I plug the throttle servos into??
    Is this a trick question? Electric planes don't have throttle servos. Plug the lead from the blue box marked "throttle" into the throttle channel on your receiver.
    Marc flies FW & FL: AL37, MiG-29, T45,F4, A4, A10, F104 70 and 90, P38, Dauntless SBD, Corsair, B17, B24, B26 & P61, Lipp.P19, ME262, Komets, Vampire, SeaVixen, FMS Tigercat, FOX Glider & Radian XL.

Rabid Models foamies, including my 8' B17 & 9' B36... and my Mud Ducks! www.rabidmodels.com

Comment

• Different brands of receivers label their ports differently. Spektrum "throttle" channel is ch.1. Best to see if the ports are labelled. Plus, there are 3 leads that are tagged "throttle". The one coming from the UBEC is MIS-labelled. It is NOT a throttle lead. It gets plugged into any empty port on the RX. If no empty port then use a "Y" on any port and plug it into that. Always note polarity.

Comment

• https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_c...ture=emb_title

Mike
        \"When Inverted Down Is Up And Up Is Expensive\"

Comment

• The ESC wires are marked throttle and per plane go into the blue box marked throttle and aux1. As noted the male to male goes from the aux1 to whatever channel is throttle on your receiver.

Comment

• OV -10 Bronco Maiden

Comment

• Bronco Ov-10 Second Flight

Comment

• Bronco Ov-10 Third Flight

Comment

• I just purchased a Fliteline OV10a bronco. I attached one motor and ESC to my receiver along with the BEC. One motor runs. However, the other motor will not run. I have the throttle in the correct position on both an AR610 receiver and a AR637T receiver. For testing I plugged the BEC into Aux1 as well as the bind plug socket. I've tested with both an Ix12 and a DX9. Both are bound. It was an effort to get the bind to start.

Does anyone have any ideas? Sounds like the ESC is bad. When connected to the receiver, the receiver bound light is not on and there are no beeps counting the cells in the battery. IT's just dead. I also noticed the motors will not turn easily unless they are connected to the battery. Once connected they spin easily by hand. Which is confusing for me since I could see the one that works needing a signal from the ESC so I assume something is getting through the suspected bad ESC. Any ideas?

Comment

• Bronco Ov-10 $th Flight

Comment

• 13th flight, exploring the edge of the envelope. This is NOT a manufacturing defect, but Pilot Error! Too slow of a loop with a significant crosswind at too low of an altitude. Accelerated stall and spiral dive into the ground. New fuselage, cockpit and center wing section and she will fly again.
                      Attached Files

Comment

• Sorry about your loss... 🤔

Comment

• Anyone, can you give me the following please?

- Weight of the completed plane ready to fly without battery

- How many Watts and Amps is each stock motor pulling

Comment

• Originally posted by Jpmcdo View Post
                            I just purchased a Fliteline OV10a bronco. I attached one motor and ESC to my receiver along with the BEC. One motor runs. However, the other motor will not run. I have the throttle in the correct position on both an AR610 receiver and a AR637T receiver. For testing I plugged the BEC into Aux1 as well as the bind plug socket. I've tested with both an Ix12 and a DX9. Both are bound. It was an effort to get the bind to start.

Does anyone have any ideas? Sounds like the ESC is bad. When connected to the receiver, the receiver bound light is not on and there are no beeps counting the cells in the battery. IT's just dead. I also noticed the motors will not turn easily unless they are connected to the battery. Once connected they spin easily by hand. Which is confusing for me since I could see the one that works needing a signal from the ESC so I assume something is getting through the suspected bad ESC. Any ideas?
                            No one responded to my post about my issue but I figured out the problem. So in the event someone else has an issue with the ESC not arming and or the motor not running, make sure you lower the throttle trim all the way down. As soon as I did that, my ESC's armed and both motors started right up.

Comment

• Evan D My ready to fly weight is 6# 9 oz. without bats & w/ supplied ordnance & centerline tank. Can't find my widget to measure Watts & Amps.

Comment

• Originally posted by Evan D View Post
                                Anyone, can you give me the following please?

- Weight of the completed plane ready to fly without battery

- How many Watts and Amps is each stock motor pulling
                                I will try to measure watts and amps tomorrow. I want to experiment with two bladed 10x8 props, so need to see draw on ESC's.
                                Ron - AMA 1025

Comment

• Click image for larger version  Name:	31B61443-7AB1-427C-AA09-E86EA7B0A217.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	116.8 KB ID:	261823Click image for larger version  Name:	ADC22B99-5B93-490A-AD1A-088E631A036F.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	116.4 KB ID:	261822 Thanks guys. Mine is pulling 56A and 860W per motor on a charged battery. I think that's about three times stock power. Way more than 1:1.

I haven't weighed it yet but with the added P&T FPV system and repaint it will be a little heavier. I removed the wing ribbon cables and interconnection and right sized extensions and Y's so I've saved some weight there.

I still need insignia and marking, those will be added after the maiden.

3221g or 7.1lb or 7lb 1.6oz... Oh, no ordnance or even the center pylon.

I also had to move my elevator link in one hole on the servo, I was getting way more than book full rate.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jpmcdo View Post

No one responded to my post about my issue but I figured out the problem. So in the event someone else has an issue with the ESC not arming and or the motor not running, make sure you lower the throttle trim all the way down. As soon as I did that, my ESC's armed and both motors started right up.
                                    Glad you got it sorted out. I think the reason why you didn't get a response is that lowering the throttle trim to the bottom is one of the first things you do when setting up a new ELECTRIC model in the TX, then binding, then throttle calibration is next. For most people, it is assumed that these things are done. Throttle trim to the lowest position is a given UNLESS the manual tells you otherwise (as in some Eflite planes). There are planes that simply will not arm unless the t. trim is at the lowest position. Since this is a twin motor, each ESC may see the throttle level differently. One may accept that it's OK, while the other may not. Then throttle calibration will equalize it all.

Comment

• I never put throttle trim to low... Proper calibration takes care of it. If you don't calibrate your ESCs when you set up or change components you should. Should be rebound when you make changes too...

Comment

• Originally posted by xviper View Post
                                        Glad you got it sorted out. I think the reason why you didn't get a response is that lowering the throttle trim to the bottom is one of the first things you do when setting up a new ELECTRIC model in the TX, then binding, then throttle calibration is next. For most people, it is assumed that these things are done. Throttle trim to the lowest position is a given UNLESS the manual tells you otherwise (as in some Eflite planes). There are planes that simply will not arm unless the t. trim is at the lowest position. Since this is a twin motor, each ESC may see the throttle level differently. One may accept that it's OK, while the other may not. Then throttle calibration will equalize it all.
                                        You're probably right, but I just haven't done it on my other planes and I do have a fair number of them, mostly eflite, but Dynam and LX as well. I'm going to go back and do calibration on those I should. Thanks again for your help on the other forum.

Comment

• Originally posted by Evan D View Post
                                          I never put throttle trim to low... Proper calibration takes care of it. If you don't calibrate your ESCs when you set up or change components you should. Should be rebound when you make changes too...
                                          I typically do an initial bind, plug everything in, test it, get everything going the right way, calibrate the ESCs, and then do the main rebind, when all is as it needs to be.

Several ways to get to the end of the process.

I really should not be reading this thread. It makes we waver a little on not getting the OV-10.....:)

Comment

Working...
                                          X