• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Click image for larger version

Name:	7CF849D3-DBD4-4748-BE92-E42D0CC58EF2.jpeg
Views:	1033
Size:	222.4 KB
ID:	261843 I hate to say it but there are a few reasons not too, at least for me there was.

Mine is ready to maiden though.

Comment

• Coming along nicely

Wing repainted and waiting for Callie. Fuselage and booms almost ready for trim color.

Comment

• Exhaust painted .props ,spinners , tank ,missles pods ,wheels done in white
        and wing done waiting for callie graphics..then ready for maiden ..
        Attached Files

Comment

• Maiden plus 3 done. It wont end up being a favorite plane unfortunately...

Comment

• Originally posted by Evan D View Post
            Maiden plus 3 done. It wont end up being a favorite plane unfortunately...
            Why?

Comment

• Just not that good a flying plane. Even with 3x the power and better set up. Maybe a gyro would calm it down but there’s too much flex in it too.

I am not flying it like a easy flying scale plane though.

Comment

• I got couple of videos this evening, the camera is mounted on one of the weapons pod (its a runcam). There's nothing really remarkable about the video, just two flights around the field just before dark, with some loops, rolls, low passes, etc.

The video is uploading this evening and should be ready by Monday morning. Sorry for the delay!

Marc flies FW & FL: AL37, MiG-29, T45,F4, A4, A10, F104 70 and 90, P38, Dauntless SBD, Corsair, B17, B24, B26 & P61, Lipp.P19, ME262, Komets, Vampire, SeaVixen, FMS Tigercat, FOX Glider & Radian XL.

Rabid Models foamies, including my 8' B17 & 9' B36... and my Mud Ducks! www.rabidmodels.com

Comment

• Help with ESC, please:

What is the sequence to turn off motor brake?
                  Somehow I've turned on brake for one my motors and not the other.

Comment

• The ESC is the same as the B-24. Go to Motion and look under the B-24 and you’ll find the ESC manual.

Comment

• EvanD, can you give us a run down on your mods? ESC's, motors ,spinners, props and where to find them. Thanks.

Comment

• yf22raptor, what brand and size wheels did you use for your mains?

Comment

• You kind of want everything... :)

The motors work well. They may be a little too hot of a set up, see my prop suggestion below. I got the 900kV since they were about right and the only ones in stock. I have one of these in 790kV and may get a second one and smaller props and then go 6S using one 6200mAh battery- https://www.rcjuice.com/motor-esc/br...ner-motor.html

The ESCs were out of a Tigercat, nice that they come with long battery leads that are more than long enough for the Bronco. You'll have to change the bullet connectors for the motors- https://www.motionrc.com/products/fr...less-esc-xt-60

I picked APCe 11x8 propellers in normal and pusher. I think 11x7 would be a better overall pick, but I used these- https://www.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p?&I=LXASTW
                          Tower Hobbies carries an expansive collection of RC cars, RC airplanes, RC boats, model trains, sot cars, and supplies for all hobbyists.

Spinners. You have to carve the opening on the pusher one.- https://www.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p?&I=LXBMY2

Let us know what you end up doing.

Originally posted by crash60 View Post
                          EvanD, can you give us a run down on your mods? ESC's, motors ,spinners, props and where to find them. Thanks.

Comment

• Thanks again Evan D. Your OV-10 is beautiful.

Comment

• Thank you.

I want to say the canopy latch on mine is barely holding. Came loose first flight.

Comment

• Add a magnet under the canopy that should help hold it down.

Comment

• There’s already two good magnets, the latch and alignment is the problem. I’ve fixed mine, letting others know there’s a problem.

The canopy seated in the fuselage there’s a 2-3mm gap in the back where the latch is. The latch pin is about 3mm. Any flex and it pops.

Comment

• OV10 Bronco Crashes.
                                    tonight I had a Second crash with My New OV10. Radio range test was Perfect and CG was on the money. I had a similar situation last week that I initially thought was "Dumb Thumbs" on My part. That crash cost me a new main wing, center pod, nose and left gears and retract. 2 props and a canopy. Tonights is a Total loss. Radio is a Spectrum DX8G2 and an AR637T reciever. As3x and safe were Off. Batteries used were Spectrum 4 cell 5000 MAH hard side Smart packe (2). Any ideas would be a Big help. I am sending the TX in to have it tested.
                                    Alpha I attempted to send this to You off this page but You have too many messages.
                                    Attached Files

Comment

• Originally posted by KC8REH View Post
                                      OV10 Bronco Crashes.
                                      tonight I had a Second crash with My New OV10. Radio range test was Perfect and CG was on the money. I had a similar situation last week that I initially thought was "Dumb Thumbs" on My part. That crash cost me a new main wing, center pod, nose and left gears and retract. 2 props and a canopy. Tonights is a Total loss. Radio is a Spectrum DX8G2 and an AR637T reciever. As3x and safe were Off. Batteries used were Spectrum 4 cell 5000 MAH hard side Smart packe (2). Any ideas would be a Big help. I am sending the TX in to have it tested.
                                      Alpha I attempted to send this to You off this page but You have too many messages.
                                      I’m really sorry that happened to you and now I’m nervous. I have a Spektrum Ix12 transmitter and just bought a AR637T for my receiver and they are not cheap.

Comment

• Had a successful maiden today and 4 extra flights on her using hrb 4s 5000 7 minutes still with 60% left on the batteries wow ....prob go 10 min no problem..
                                        using the new ar620 receiver and Dx-20 radio
                                        no issues We did add rudder trim to Ail mix 20% rudd and really helps her in the turns ..
                                        Attached Files

Comment

• KC, can you tell us what happened?

Comment

Working...
                                          X