Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Evan D View Post
    I like the wiper!

About the latch, I don’t understand “and ca the other end”. If you take the latch apart there is a hole and set screw in the bottom of the part that sticks up (the pat you move with your finger), the latching pin goes through the hole and is held in place by the set screw. If you can pull it with pliers it’s loose and will end up moving. Plus moving it means the back part of it is no longer in the hole it’s supposed to ride in. It may be working but it may end up where you can’t open the canopy or it loosens and the canopy comes off.

You can pull the pin and then drop a little CA on the pin just before the spring. It works for me and it is solid.
    Tolga
    Instagram: @_t01ga_
    YouTube: t01ga

Comment

• Ahh. to aid the setscrew. Got it.

Comment

• wiper
        Hi, I created a windscreen wiper for a Blade 230s RC helicopter that fits nicely to the www.heli-scale-quality.com body for that kind of helicopter. Pictures and whole description about that nice helicopter can be found under https://www.rc-heli.de/board/showthread.php?t=260402&page=36 User "The Fox" created the helicopter and picture from the ADAC model.

Comment

• Is anyone having issues taking the outer wing panels off? Mine will not budge, even when wedging in a thin shim or screwdriver to try and force them apart from the engine nacelle.

Comment

• Originally posted by flgboy View Post
            Is anyone having issues taking the outer wing panels off? Mine will not budge, even when wedging in a thin shim or screwdriver to try and force them apart from the engine nacelle.
            Nope, mine goes on and off like “loosely goosy”. You should try a little light oil or silicone spray in the slots where the pegs go in, assuming you can get them apart again.

Comment

• Yes, loosely goosy... Some other planes didn't get the bits aligned right. Everything is perfect on mine.

Comment

• Click image for larger version

Name:	card_preview_OV-10_Pylon_v3.png
Views:	721
Size:	51.2 KB
ID:	263062 Here is a wing pylon for the outer panels that I designed. It is not an exact scale replica but it's as close as I can get interpolating off of various photos and drawings found online. I designed it to accommodate the freewing stores mounting system. There are attachment points for both the top and the bottom of the pylon.

This is the Wing Pylon for the Flightline OV-10 Bronco. I have designed it to incorporate the Freewing weapons attachment. It has the attachment points for both top and bottom of the pylon. This is not an exact scale replica of the full scale item. I did the best I could in interpolating the shape and dimensions off of what little I could find on the internet.

Comment

• Did anyone use my 7 tube launchers?
                  TiredIron Aviation
                  Tired Iron Military Vehicles

Comment

• Originally posted by TiredIronGRB View Post
                    Did anyone use my 7 tube launchers?
                    I haven’t decided if I’m going to hang all the ordinance on the plane while I fly it, but if I do I think what you did was cool.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rcfiddy1 View Post
                      That is the one!
                      Tolga
                      Instagram: @_t01ga_
                      YouTube: t01ga

Comment

• I got the markings on and took it for a spin this morning. It was windy today so the nervousness in yaw was back.

Click image for larger version

Name:	CD2BABE2-858B-4D28-BE0E-43BC0332FE17.jpeg
Views:	803
Size:	209.6 KB
ID:	263162

Comment

• Dumb question but need to ask anyway!

If the purpose of wiring the batteries in parallel is to keep both motors operating in the event one battery goes out and or use smaller batteries to get more power to the motors, then why would it be advantages to do this if one of the ESC's goes out? I maybe lucky but have never had a battery go out on me. I typically fly scale and usually land with at least 40% left in the batteries. So if I'm right, parallel will not help if one of the ESC's goes out.

Am I wrong?

Comment

• I answered your question in the "other" forum. I won't go into it much as I'm a bit more polite here.

Comment

• 😃 Yeah, the "other place" is the jungle!

Comment

• Just to let you guys know, test flew my OV-10 today with the APC 10x8 two blade props, not counter rotating. It made quite a big improvement in speed and pull, which is what I was hoping. The airspeed itself was probably 5 to 8 mph faster, but the big difference was in the pull going up, mainly in doing a loop/climb, definitely better. The non counter rotation made no difference at at, not that I thought it would. I may try two 10x10 props later, but right now happy with it. The total price for to 10x8 props and two 2" spinner was about $22. Here are pics of amps and watts with stock three blade and with 10x8 two blade.
                                Attached Files
                                Ron - AMA 1025

Comment

• Originally posted by xviper View Post
                                  I answered your question in the "other" forum. I won't go into it much as I'm a bit more polite here.
                                  Well said, thanks for the reply.

Comment

• Transporting this plane is a bit awkward. Here is how I ended up wall mounting it. Most other small planes can be go on the wall straight in or sideways.

Comment

• I don't know if this was previously mentioned... I was catching up on a few podcasts and the guy from Legends Hobby (formally VQ Warbirds) was on and said they will be having an OV-10 towards the end of the year. WITH A 14 FT WINGSPAN. My first thought was what the heck are they going to power it with? He went on to say a couple of his "premier" customers that he gave a heads up to mentioned putting a couple of turbines (turboprops) on it. Now that would look scale.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bellke View Post
                                        I don't know if this was previously mentioned... I was catching up on a few podcasts and the guy from Legends Hobby (formally VQ Warbirds) was on and said they will be having an OV-10 towards the end of the year. WITH A 14 FT WINGSPAN. My first thought was what the heck are they going to power it with? He went on to say a couple of his "premier" (Code for Doc/Lawyer that can afford $10-20K birds ) customers that he gave a heads up to mentioned putting a couple of turbines (turboprops) on it. Now that would look scale.
                                        And it would need it's own dedicated rollin hangar too I'm just hangin loose to see if that A-1 that they just acquired is gonna have any quirky issues before I step up
                                        Warbird Charlie
                                        HSD Skyraider FlightLine OV-10 FMS 1400: P-40B, P-51, F4U, F6F, T-28, P-40E, Pitts, 1700 F4U & F7F, FOX glider Freewing A-6, T-33, P-51 Dynam ME-262, Waco TF Giant P-47; ESM F7F-3 LX PBJ-1 EFL CZ T-28, C-150, 1500 P-51 & FW-190

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	20191019_204212731_iOS.jpg
Views:	953
Size:	148.0 KB
ID:	263297
                                          TiredIron Aviation
                                          Tired Iron Military Vehicles

Comment

Working...
                                          X