Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by The Sheriff View Post
    Thanks xviper

I didn't see that post earlier, thought I was keeping up with the thread. It was difficult to see in the gyro on/off video, but the commentary was good. Are you able to adjust the gyro okay in the limited space?
    I mounted it such that I could still have my battery placement and have the ability to get a small screwdriver to the gain pots. However, I lucked out and where the gains were set from the last plane it was in is where it happened to work really well and I've never had to touch it since.

Comment

• All this talk about tail wag just made me think to my airline days as mech, its called a yaw damper. The Jetstreams and EMB-145 and vast number of planes i have worked had yaw dampers. OK so im going to install a simple yaw damper in mine, just like the real ones have!!!! Now how do i get it to fit is the next question??????

Comment

• Originally posted by sam51401 View Post
        All this talk about tail wag just made me think to my airline days as mech, its called a yaw damper. The Jetstreams and EMB-145 and vast number of planes i have worked had yaw dampers. OK so im going to install a simple yaw damper in mine, just like the real ones have!!!! Now how do i get it to fit is the next question??????
        I remember a number of times when the yaw damper would malfunction on the KC-135 we would get that tail wag but using the A-3L gyro on the Broncos as some in this post it acts like a yaw damper.

Comment

• Here is the Thingiverse link for the FM Antenna humps that go on the twin tail booms just aft of the wings. I glued them in place and put a nylon bristle from a floor broom in the hole.

These are the antenna mounting humps that are on the top of the twin tail booms of the OV-10. They are scaled to fit the Flightline OV-10 Bronco. I used a bristle from my nylon house broom to replicate the whip antennas. The actual antennas are vertical when the plane is stationary but they bend slightly in flight. The nylon bristle does provides the same effect.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG-3742.jpg
Views:	1032
Size:	256.9 KB
ID:	265381

Comment

• I cant get the link to work

Comment

• Originally posted by rifleman_btx View Post
              I cant get the link to work
              If you're referring to my post, the link works fine for me. I'm relatively new at posting some stuff on Thingiverse and sometimes have not had the best luck searching for things. If you search for vduniec, it should take you to my designs where you can find it that way.

Comment

• Works for me Vic

Comment

• Link worked for me without problem, Printing now. Thank you Sir!

Comment

• Originally posted by Jpmcdo View Post
                    I won't be flying my maiden flight for awhile. I'm using an AR637T receiver and it's not working correctly. Every time I hook up the batteries the receiver has to be rebound. I'm using an IX12 and tested it out on my older DX9. On both I have had to rebind each time.
                    Double check your Throttle Leads coming from the ESC. I was having some of the same issues and found that the Throttle Cable that is Y'd off into the Receiver Plug had an issue. I replaced the Throttle Wires and used a Y Connector at the the 637...I finally got everything to work properly after replacing the cable.

Comment

• Guess my connection was givin me fits, worked this time. Lol

Comment

• Here's one more file tonight. These are the APR-39 Radar Warning Receivers for the later model of the USMC OV-10's. I also have the cockpit indicator designed and will upload hopefully this week.

There are 4 APR-39 Radar Warning Receivers on the late versions of the OV-10. Two are positioned on the nose and two are positioned on the top of the tail booms. Look on the web for placement details. The indicator was placed on the top of the instrument panel coaming.

Click image for larger version  Name:	APR Placement.jpg Views:	0 Size:	136.6 KB ID:	265465

Comment

• I can print but not design, Any chance you could design the long nose modification for the OV-10D? I know that's asking alot, I'd be willing to pay for a working thingiverse file solution. Thanks for the files you've done so far great work!

Comment

• Originally posted by thomasnwilliams View Post
                            I can print but not design, Any chance you could design the long nose modification for the OV-10D? I know that's asking alot, I'd be willing to pay for a working thingiverse file solution. Thanks for the files you've done so far great work!
                            Thanks for the kind words. Unfortunately, the “D” nose would be a bit too complex for my abilities. I’m only familiar with Tinkercad and that’s basically one step above designing with Legos. I’ve been thinking about going to the next level of CAD programs. If I do, I’ll let you know if it’s something I can do.

Comment

Well, I had an incident on Saturday. The wind was howling and gusting. Normally, I fly my Carbon Z Splendor in these conditions, but the Splendor was down due to a canopy issue. Having done about 20 flights on the Bronco without incident, I boldly proclaimed, "This thing is a tank" as I walked to the flight line. As it turns out, that was mistake.

I regretted my decision immediately after liftoff. The turbulent gusts were forcefully shoving the Bronco into uncontrolled 90 degree banks. After 3 or 4 approaches I managed to get lined up over the runway only to be hit by another gust inches off the ground. An input of heavy aileron correction leveled the plane as it touched down on the center-line on the mains. The crowd of 2 murmured unenthusiastic cheers while my blood pressure returned to a healthy level.

As I taxied back, I could see the right wing sagging with the prop having barely enough clearance for ground maneuvers.

I removed the right boom and repaired the gear by straightening the connecting pin with a vise. Then I removed and re-glued the plastic mounting bracket. Also, side note, the connector from the ESC wire ripped out so I soldered that. She's now fully operational and ready to rip. Aside from some scuffed ordinances, there is no sign of damage.

I love this plane, and will limit flying it to calm days if need be. I would, however, like for it to be an everyday flyer if possible.

Has anyone had success flying in moderate winds with a gyro? I've tinkered with the A3 Super 3, but not in this plane and haven't really used gyros otherwise. Has anyone tried an A3 Super 3 in the Bronco? If so, where did you mount it? Does a gyro help with the wobble that occurs in low to no winds?

Originally posted by boomer108 View Post

I remember a number of times when the yaw damper would malfunction on the KC-135 we would get that tail wag but using the A-3L gyro on the Broncos as some in this post it acts like a yaw damper.
                              I can confirm that the A3L is the way to go. Ordered on the 22nd, standard shipping, arrived on the 24th.

The wind wasn't quite as bad this weekend, but enough to toss this plane around. I mounted the A3L to the inside of the fuse, upright. Plenty of room for the batteries. Only downside: cant fit a regular screwdriver in there to adjust the gain. Using just a flat head bit works well enough.

No tail wobble, handles the wind great. It's like a different plane.

Comment

• My repaint job of the OV-10A Bronco.
                                Ov-10A Bronco (CAL Fire colors)

Comment

I can confirm that the A3L is the way to go. Ordered on the 22nd, standard shipping, arrived on the 24th.

The wind wasn't quite as bad this weekend, but enough to toss this plane around. I mounted the A3L to the inside of the fuse, upright. Plenty of room for the batteries. Only downside: cant fit a regular screwdriver in there to adjust the gain. Using just a flat head bit works well enough.

No tail wobble, handles the wind great. It's like a different plane.
                                  If you go with an 8-ch TX/RX, you can hook up the master gain on the A3-L to ch-7 or 8 and use the knob.

Comment

• That looks great!

Originally posted by Moki38 View Post
                                    My repaint job of the OV-10A Bronco.
                                    Ov-10A Bronco (CAL Fire colors)

Comment

• CAL FIRE would be proud. When do you start spotting for them?

Comment

• Im going with a S6R and plan on using just the yaw axis at first to see how it acts. Ill turn the roll and pitch off unless i need it but with yaw damper, i suspect not needed then. Now to program my X9D+ or just wait to use my newly acquired Horus 10........

Comment

• Originally posted by sam51401 View Post
                                          CAL FIRE would be proud. When do you start spotting for them?
                                          As soon as they open an offfice in The Netherlands 😇

Comment

Working...
                                          X