Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My friend Vic has them. They look good but I thought they were too much trouble and left my struts stock. I did change wheels and tires, and paint, scheme, motors, ESCs, props, spinners, and added FPV...

Comment

• Thanks for the Info Sir!

Comment

• xviper..... What prop adaptor did you use? I ordered the 1500 adaptor listed in the spare parts area is this what you used. If not, which and where did you get it. Thanks!

Comment

• Originally posted by thomasnwilliams View Post
          xviper..... What prop adaptor did you use? I ordered the 1500 adaptor listed in the spare parts area is this what you used. If not, which and where did you get it. Thanks!
          Yes, I used the prop adapter from the EC1500.

Comment

• xviper.... Thank you Sir!

Comment

• Was hoping to get canopy in stock this week. *Sigh*. Maybe next week

Comment

• Same here, waiting on a Fuselage to get back in stock to start my "D" model build. Good luck!

Comment

• There are people I fly with here looking for both fuselages and cockpits too... Hope they get a good quantity.

Comment

• Click image for larger version

Name:	20200924_224051.jpg
Views:	991
Size:	113.0 KB
ID:	276506Click image for larger version

Name:	20200924_224003.jpg
Views:	959
Size:	69.3 KB
ID:	276507 Well this is going much too slow but trying to refinish a plane AND make a home presentable to sale at the same time just is a bad combination.
                    But to back up what I have been saying I though it time to get this closer to maiden and give a peek to the DS91' scheme.
                    Yes, I'm cutting my own vinyl and printing decals so more to come.

Comment

• Originally posted by sam51401 View Post
                      Click image for larger version

Name:	20200924_224051.jpg
Views:	991
Size:	113.0 KB
ID:	276506Click image for larger version

Name:	20200924_224003.jpg
Views:	959
Size:	69.3 KB
ID:	276507 Well this is going much too slow but trying to refinish a plane AND make a home presentable to sale at the same time just is a bad combination.
                      But to back up what I have been saying I though it time to get this closer to maiden and give a peek to the DS91' scheme.
                      Yes, I'm cutting my own vinyl and printing decals so more to come.
                      Looking VERY nice!

Comment

• After telling myself repeatedly that I was not going to get the OV-10, I caved last week....:) It was my "I survived Covid 19 pneumonia" present to myself. Plus, I have been prepping a dozen other models to sell on, so room is coming open in the hangar.

​​​​​​I know am l late to the party, here, and nearly everything has been discussed about the Bronco, but I will toss in a few of my opinions.

Very impressed with the quality of the model. My sole complant cosmetically was sloppy application of the instrument panel decals with lots of background white showing around the edges. That will be fixed with new instrument panel art and some touchip paint.

Assembly was without problem. No issues with wiring due to wiring guide released.

Planning on a little flying with the "known to be underwhelming" stock power, then do a power upgrade.

I actually like the stock color scheme depicting Ov-10 N338RC operated by the Cactus Air Force, so no repaint planned. Will add a few external details, for fun.

The interior of the real N338RC features light gray seat frames and red cushions, which really brightens up the cockpit. These have been repainted.

My fsntastic wife Robin is skilled in a number of crafts, and she enjoys repainting some of my ARF cockpits and pilots for me, so that job is subbed out to her....:) Fun to do together.

Will add a few 3D details to the cockpit area, but not to the fantastic degree that some on here have done.

Hope to maiden in stock form tomorrow.

​​

Comment

• Good luck on your maiden!

Comment

• Welcome to the corral tab. I think that the power system is still on the fence as to just enough or not enough. It depends on how you want to ride the bronco on the power issue. I'm getting mine ready so I'll be able to post actual thoughts as to still guessing fairly soon. Tag some video if able and look forward to your maiden.

Comment

• Based on owning and flying the FL F7F and the FL P-38, both of which had just enough power for me to not bother with upgrades, I strongly predict that the OV-10 will not have quite unough grunt for my taste.....:)

Comment

• The Bronco has about half the power of the Tiger Cat or Lightning.

Comment

• Flew mine this morning and I can confirm it is now my favorite prop plane of all the ones I've owned or still have. When it was new out of the box and still stock, I didn't think I was going to keep it for long. It was just too anemic for my tastes.

Comment

• Same with me.

Comment

• Maiden plus a couple more went well over the weekend. All was as expected with no surprises. Really have nothing new to report that has not been previously reported.

Great fun in the pattern shooting touch and goes and making very low passes. Did rolls and four point rolls and a couple of wingovers. I have to say that this model does win the award for the most anemic RC warbird I have ever flown. Power system upgrade coming soon.

Mine exhibted the expected hunting in yaw and some wiggles in roll and pitch in the mild turbulence at our field over the weekend. Gyro coming soon.

Stage one of the cockpit detailing is complete. Seats repainted to make the cockpit look more like N338RC Stage two soon, with new instrument panel, side console panel and rear circuit breaker panel art being added, and some additional seat and cockpit details. Stage 3 will be some new pilot figures to replace the Freewing mutant pilot figures and that will be good enough.

Comment

• Weird. Would not let me add a photo to my previous post. Quick shot showing the seats.

Comment

• When I flew mine it had the same yaw and wiggle at low speed and for the next flight I recalibrated the ESCs and it took care of the problem. I am quite happy with the power system that came with my plane.

Comment

Working...
                                          X