Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• i used a thick peace of lexan today to the canopy back side it seems to work pretty well the clip pin goes all the way into the canopy now

Comment

• I've had my OV-10 for about six months now and really love it. I even bought a second one as a spare. I've heard a lot of comments and complaints about it being underpowered. I guess that I just don't see the issue . It's a scale airplane! as a stock airplane and it flys like an OV-10 should fly with a full load of ordnance. Takeoff looks real and once airborne and cleaned up I can still do a loop from level flight and aileron rolls are leisurely but look just right. I see no reason to have to have it able to do a vertical climb. I'm pretty sure that a fully loaded OV-10 would not be doing much of that. Mine isn't completely stock. After I threw a prop blade I switched to MA 10x6 three blade props and they work fine. The OV-10 is a great airplane as it is but I guess that it's just me.
      Ever see a B-24 model cruising around like a Mustang? It looks what it is then.....a toy airplane.

Comment

• We all like what we like. Welcome to the forums.
        Recent videos...
        OV10 good short flight (6 min 18 sec)

Comment

• Thanks. It's a good forum. I picked up a few good fixes too. Hope that I didn't insult anyone. Just that I like the way that it flys as is. I did cheat a litttle though. I put one of those Admiral gyro receiver in it. First gyro that I have ever used but it takes care of the wiggles and it flys like it's on rails now.

Comment

• No insult taken. Many use gyros, probably more than don’t. If I could easily in mine I would too, to stop the waggle.

Comment

• What other methods besides installing a gyro have flyers used to help get rid of the 'wiggles'?
              A fellow flyer suggested gluing a popsicle stick to the end of the rudder... a small perpendicular surface. Sorry for not sifting thru the pages, but has something like this been used successfully??

thx

Comment

• Originally posted by Angryflyer View Post
                What other methods besides installing a gyro have flyers used to help get rid of the 'wiggles'?
                A fellow flyer suggested gluing a popsicle stick to the end of the rudder... a small perpendicular surface. Sorry for not sifting thru the pages, but has something like this been used successfully??

thx
                First I’ve heard of the popsicle stick. Try it and let us know if it does anything? It’s going to look pretty goofy to see a popsicle stick (or two) stuck to the back of the rudders. To save 20 bucks for the cheap gyro, you’d prefer the popsicle stick? Give it a go.
                This tail waggle has also been described as yaw oscillation on real airliners. A 737 pilot I fly RC with says that on the real airplane, they have a thing called a “yaw damper” - a fairly sophisticated computer to keep passengers in the rear rows of seats on an airliner from upchucking their cookies. On the model, it’s just a cheap gyro with the rudder gain turned a little higher. If you can do with a stick, why not?

Comment

• That's called a "Dutch Roll" (yaw-roll coupling) - which sounds distinct from simple tail-wagging with no rolling.

Have you checked the alignment (both rudder and vertical tail)? A slight yaw and the self-correcting tendency of high-wings might be causing this to happen.

Comment

• Hi folks!

Wife got me the Bronco for my birthday and I’m going thru the setup now.

Everything is wired per the manual and per the Motion RC video. But, the left main will not extend.

Tried reconnecting to no avail. Right MLG and NLG work fine.

ideas?

Lemon 7ch stability rx
                    DX8Gen 2 Tx

thx

Comment

• Cobra1365 Did you try plugging it into a servo tester? Also, I've had one not work out of the box, until I tugged and/or pushed on it slightly while plugged into a servo tester and that seemed to budge it from whatever was hanging it up and it worked fine after that. Maybe you tried all of that but that would be my first attempt.

Comment

• Originally posted by SanExup View Post
                        Cobra1365 Did you try plugging it into a servo tester? Also, I've had one not work out of the box, until I tugged and/or pushed on it slightly while plugged into a servo tester and that seemed to budge it from whatever was hanging it up and it worked fine after that. Maybe you tried all of that but that would be my first attempt.
                        Great minds think alike. I made this suggestion to him on the other forum. Unfortunately, it garnered a negative reply from another poster. He simply didn't understand how and when and where to use a servo tester. I'm hoping Cobra will be smart enough to know what to do with a tester.

Comment

• Those fandangled servo testers, if they could only combine it with a battery checker too. Geez, then you could center everything up and get it working right and check batteries all in one.

Comment

• Servo tester and battery pack enroute!

thanks!

Comment

• Cobra1365 I hope that helps solve the gear issue as well. Nice Shelby Cobra!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by SanExup View Post
                                Cobra1365 I hope that helps solve the gear issue as well. Nice Shelby Cobra!!!
                                Thanks!

Yeah, it’s a nice toy! 😉

Comment

• Hey everyone,

Just doing a makeover on my recently arrived OV10. An impressive model but I found the screws into the wing centre section into the booms appear too short. As a result the centre section raises up. Before I remove those screws and attempt to use longer screws, has anyone had a similar issue. If so can you please advise your experience and how the fix went.

I also had minor trouble with the rudder not working correctly and traced that to a defective lead.

Thanks

Comment

• Where is everyone putting their receivers/gyros? Can I see some pics please,

Comment

• Receiver back in the back fuselage, no gyro.

Comment

• Im not seeing what you mean that the wing to boom screws are too short and yet you mention the wing center section rises up. First i have heard of this and like to help. Pics of this will help.

Comment

• Ill post a pic but i use a S6R with my Horus for a yaw dampner and she flies so sweet. When the wind is calm , the stabilization isnt needed. I actually have installed into th eside of the fus right above the rear of the batteries.

Comment

Working...
                                          X