Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Run them for a few minutes on the ground, and check their temperature with an infrared temp gun. If it gets hot, don't use the adapters, and solder directly, with adequate sized wire.....

Comment

• Is someone turning off the "server" on this web site?

Comment

• I think it’s bandwidth

Comment

• Go Navy!!
          I still have some assembly, power upgrade, Click image for larger version

Name:	20211212_142513.jpg
Views:	675
Size:	106.2 KB
ID:	332368 and touch up to do but I'm getting pretty excited about my Val 4 OV10.

Comment

• looking good san.. always liked the val4 black ponies gray paint... if i didnt hate painting so much id copy you

Comment

• Thanks Ron! Yeah, it has been interesting reading and watching youtube videos on the squadron. I have great respect for all of the various Bronco squadrons of that time, Air Force FACs, Navy and Marines. And post Vietnam. A plane born out of necessity, but one that was also adapted to a variety of uses. I know this has been the course for many planes, it just seems that the OV10 kind of stands out in it's flexible utility.

There are a few green broncos from the Val4 Black Ponies squadron as well. It's almost a bummer that this model comes with the decals applied.

Comment

• Very nice!

Comment

• Thanks Evan! I'm actually copying your power system. I was hoping to fly it before the snow truly sets in for the winter but that's not happening after this week. Float planes until spring!

Comment

• My 7 mo puppy ate the nose off my ov10. Ya i know. No way right? He got it shredded so after looking for parts there is no nose gear cover listed. Anyone got one or know where to get one?
                    btw anyone ever change out the fuse ? Seems the lights might be a problem but i havent tryed it yet

Comment

• well heard back from the tech team at motion and basicly they said tough luck we dont stock all the parts and thats one of them.. anyone know what kind of material that nose gear cover is made of as it looks as if i have to make one myself thanks

Comment

• Ron1950 It's plastic Ron and you shouldn't have an issue finding a thin sheet at an art store or sorts
                        Warbird Charlie
                        HSD Skyraider FlightLine OV-10 FMS 1400: P-40B, P-51, F4U, F6F, T-28, P-40E, Pitts, 1700 F4U & F7F, FOX glider Freewing A-6, T-33, P-51 Dynam ME-262, Waco TF Giant P-47; ESM F7F-3 LX PBJ-1 EFL CZ T-28, C-150, 1500 P-51 & FW-190

Comment

• ya thanks ov iam sure i will find suitable plastic stock .. its just disappointing that they dont carry that part but will sell you a 425 dollar plane

Comment

• They have better parts support than many do. Look in your recycling bin, you should be able to find something. Also, a "wanted" post in RCG might turn up the parts from someone's crashed OV.

Comment

• ya your right evan ive already made a templet for the nose and need to get to hobby lobby for some lexan we will see how that works out.. normally id go to hobbytown but it shuttered its doors tuesday and sold all stock to some hobbytown in tx

Comment

• I don't have any hobby shops near me anymore... Sad...

Comment

• HI everyone. Got my OV10 all together and powered it up to get the linkage and props done. Left esc is a bust and non operative. Had to take it all apart and check all the connections. No sound from it at all. Motor beeps 4 times. Ended up taking the other side apart and swapping parts back and forth. The only item in the plane that does not work is the left esc. Emailed motion about it so I hope to have it resolved pretty quick. It looks nice and looks like a fun plane.

Comment

• Could the plug that goes to the receiver be plugged in upside down at some point?

Comment

• Originally posted by Evan D View Post
                                      Could the plug that goes to the receiver be plugged in upside down at some point?
                                      Quick answer is no. I swapped in a known good line from the receiver to the esc. Nothing. I think I just got a bum one this time. I configured the entire right side to the left and it worked fine. The only item in all the aircraft, after swapping in known good parts, was the esc is dead. Not totally dead as the motor beep 4 times so some power is there. It drove me nuts having to take it all apart for testing.

Comment

• Here it is if it helps.

Comment

• Seeing that, the esc is bad. No doubt in my mind

Comment

Working...
                                          X