X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by MeyerVW View Post

Quick answer is no. I swapped in a known good line from the receiver to the esc. Nothing. I think I just got a bum one this time. I configured the entire right side to the left and it worked fine. The only item in all the aircraft, after swapping in known good parts, was the esc is dead. Not totally dead as the motor beep 4 times so some power is there. It drove me nuts having to take it all apart for testing.
    I assume you tried pulling your throttle trim all the way down.
    Ron - AMA 1025

Comment

• I agree…

Comment

• after finding that hobby lobby here has way too thick lexan stock lowes had nothing either so as i passed a display of furniture moving pads i found for 10 dollars (prob the amount motion would have charged just for the shipping) that the plastic containers thin plastic would be big enough and thin enough to make the nose gear cover here is the finished product and where it came from anyone need furniture mover pads? lol

Comment

• Originally posted by ronwc View Post

I assume you tried pulling your throttle trim all the way down.
          You assume incorrectly. I looked and the arm is down but the trim is at the half way. Set the trim all the way down and installed the batteries. It works normally. But why. Why did the one side work and not the other side? Why has this not done this to other aircraft I own? Thank you very much for your help with that.

Comment

• Originally posted by MeyerVW View Post

You assume incorrectly. I looked and the arm is down but the trim is at the half way. Set the trim all the way down and installed the batteries. It works normally. But why. Why did the one side work and not the other side? Why has this not done this to other aircraft I own? Thank you very much for your help with that.
            In your video I could hear your ESC work normally, it just wasn't initializing, which in most cases means the throttle trim needs to be lowered. On most ESC's this isn't required, but something to keep in mind if it happens again. Even the same make and size ESC's are not always perfectly calibrated, that's one reason on a twin that one prop will sometimes start before the other. Usually not a big problem, but you can try calibrating them once everything is setup and ready to fly.
            Ron - AMA 1025

Comment

• Thank you Ron. Lesson learned today. I am back to putting it all together and look forward to flying it. That one motor was wired incorrectly from the factory. All is sorted out and now to finish it.

Comment

• Almost all set. Is anyone using 4s 3000 mah batteries? I have 2 so I would not like to go buy more batteries. Seems like maybe 5 min flights with these. They are admiral batteries. The nose is light with these so some lead will have to be added.

Comment

• I would think you'll get more than 5min, the Bronco is pretty low power stock.

Comment

• I think 6 minutes would put you to land at storage voltage with this plane. I fly the p38 and f7f to 7.5 minutes with 3300 packs and land at storage.

Comment

• deleted cross postings

Comment

• I had a nice flight today. i think I can get at least 8 min of flight time from the 4s 3000mah batteries. Maybe even 9 or 10 minutes. Here is a video for you.

Comment

• Flew it at the park.
                          My second flight on this aircraft. Very nice aircraft to fly. Flies on 2 4s 3000mah batteries. After landing had 48% on my batteries. Flew for 7 min. True 10 min next. Camera is a Runcam 2 4k. Enjoy.

Comment

• What would be a good filler for cleaning up unwanted seams on the OV10?

Comment

• Originally posted by Gizmo6023 View Post
                              What would be a good filler for cleaning up unwanted seams on the OV10?
                              Try this stuff
                              Beacon Foam Finishing Compound - 8oz [54947-12301] Motion RC
                              Warbird Charlie
                              HSD Skyraider FlightLine OV-10 FMS 1400: P-40B, P-51, F4U, F6F, T-28, P-40E, Pitts, 1700 F4U & F7F, FOX glider Freewing A-6, T-33, P-51 Dynam ME-262, Waco TF Giant P-47; ESM F7F-3 LX PBJ-1 EFL CZ T-28, C-150, 1500 P-51 & FW-190

Comment

• Thank you OV10, I will order some.
                                I have read almost the entire thread and seen numerous posts stating the BB are a known weak link and several people state they have bypassed it for primary flight controls, sounds like the route I will take as well. Does anyone have the pin out for the ribbon cables? yes I am just being lazy but if someone has solved this riddle it would save this grease monkey from playing with avionics systems.
                                There are many posts regarding installing gyros to solve the tail wag issue, the real deal had Yaw Dampers installed at the factory so for the scale purist a gyro is allowed.

Comment

• Can anyone confirm that the DuBro 2.75 wheels will fit the axle and retract, or is modification required?

Comment

• Can anyone recommend a “bolt on” spinner that will take a MAS prop?? Thanks in advance

Comment

• My set up...

The motors work well. They may be a little too hot of a set up, see my prop suggestion below. I got the 900kV since they were about right and the only ones in stock. I have one of these in 790kV and may get a second one and smaller props and then go 6S using one 6200mAh battery- https://www.rcjuice.com/motor-esc/br...ner-motor.html

The ESCs were out of a Tigercat, nice that they come with long battery leads that are more than long enough for the Bronco. You'll have to change the bullet connectors for the motors- https://www.motionrc.com/products/fr...less-esc-xt-60

I picked APCe 11x8 propellers in normal and pusher. I think 11x7 would be a better overall pick, but I used these- https://www.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p?&I=LXASTW
                                      Tower Hobbies carries an expansive collection of RC cars, RC airplanes, RC boats, model trains, sot cars, and supplies for all hobbyists.

Spinners. You have to carve the opening on the pusher one.- https://www.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p?&I=LXBMY2

Originally posted by Builda View Post
                                      Can anyone recommend a “bolt on” spinner that will take a MAS prop?? Thanks in advance

Comment

• Checkout Reckem Roys Custom Painted OV-10!

Comment

• Just wanted to share my recent re purposing of my Bronco to a Cal Fire (fighter). I'm into red and white these days.
                                          Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                          X