Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Evan D
    replied
    -130 was to kill a IC engine. Use -100 for electrics.

Leave a comment:

• rlcamden
    replied
    I realized early on with spektrum equipment, if you try to calibrate/arm with the throttle cut on (-130 throw), the ESC will not initialize or calibrate. I have made it a habit when first setting up a plane to make sure the throttle trim is zero'd out, bind, do the throttle calibration, then set up the throttle cut.

Leave a comment:

• Grossman56
    replied
    Originally posted by Arkx400 View Post

I had the very same problem and solution with my OV10
    I have had that problem too, it's always with a Spektrum receiver, I use a lot of Lemon receivers and haven't had to lower my throttle trim. Something about Spektrum.

Grossman56

Leave a comment:

• Arkx400
    replied
    Originally posted by Jpmcdo View Post

No one responded to my post about my issue but I figured out the problem. So in the event someone else has an issue with the ESC not arming and or the motor not running, make sure you lower the throttle trim all the way down. As soon as I did that, my ESC's armed and both motors started right up.
    I had the very same problem and solution with my OV10

Leave a comment:

• rockowwc
    replied
    Question for those that 3d printed the zuni rockets, what did you do about the slot for the foam pylon?

Leave a comment:

• t01ga
    replied
    Originally posted by Pilot-GJC View Post

What scale pilot did you go for in the end please?
    I can’t really tell you what scale. I ended up ordering by measurements I took from inside the cockpit, in cm rather than in scale. Sorry buddy!

Leave a comment:

• Pilot-GJC
    replied
    Originally posted by t01ga View Post
    Click image for larger version

Name:	309ABC03-E7A0-4ED3-B757-DEB654429C83.jpeg
Views:	1368
Size:	66.1 KB
ID:	269782

Thanks bud. No the seats are the same, I just cut a piece of foam as in the picture. The pilots; before ordering them I assumed like you that the plane would be 1/9 scale. So the 1/9 scale pilots I got was way to be big. So I took a measurement between the front seat base and the tip of the seat head rest and ordered new pilots by that measurement.
    To fit the pilots I had to cut the boots of the front pilot and just the tip of second pilots boots and enlarged the whole a little at the foot wells.
    What scale pilot did you go for in the end please?

Leave a comment:

• rockowwc
    replied
    Well i finally caved and brought one from a local supplier here in oz.
    I will be using my X20 and most likely a spare SR8 Archer+ gyro receiver with a 900Mhz Satellite hanging off it.
    where have people been mounting their Gyro Receivers?

Leave a comment:

• Evan D
    replied
    Click image for larger version  Name:	A18C25B1-2C25-43DB-A45C-B73204B94FC4.png Views:	0 Size:	120.9 KB ID:	383116Click image for larger version  Name:	62406412-B8F4-4BCC-B298-7D54895B232F.png Views:	0 Size:	0 ID:	383117

The M3x6 small screw? I’m sure I have lots of them in my spares. Where are you located?
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• phejr
    replied
    My name is Phil. I'm looking for a place to buy Flightline OV 10 parts. In particular the metric allen spinner screws. I got them with the kit but can no longer find them...... Thanks !!

Leave a comment:

• Suko
    replied
    Hey vduniec​,

You posted a lot of great pictures showing your 3D printed designs early in this thread, but I don't see where people can download your files. Some of your posts have attachments, but others don't. Is it possible for you to put all your OV-10 related STL files in a zip file and share it via Google Docs or something? I would love some of what you have for my model.

Edit: Maybe I just mis-read your posts. But I saw you mention a cockpit tub, but perhaps you were referring to the individual cockpit components for FPV? I'm not doing FPV, but I will be repainting my Bronco next week and would love to put a more realistic cockpit tub into the plane while I'm working on it.

Leave a comment:

• Evan D
    replied
    No problem. The support tab for each plane is just under the pictures on Motions site, further to the right from spare parts, etc. For the Bronco ESCs you need to go to the B-24 and get it there.

b24esc.pdf (shopify.com)

Calibrating the ESCs is usually easy. Turn on the radio, put the throttle stick all the way up making sure the throttle cut is not cutting the throttle. Then plug in the plane, wait until you hear the two beeps (senses high throttle) then lower the throttle to low and you'll hear more beeps (senses low throttle) and then the number of beeps for the number of cells in the battery (four). Because the Bronco has two ESCs you need to plug the batteries in together at the same time so it helps to have help. Be careful that you reduce throttle right when you hear the first two beeps. If you wait longer than, I think five seconds it'll go into programing mode and you may activate the brake (see below).

Programing isn't easy the first time around especially if you look at the pdf I attached. I would suggest not trying to change any programing and just do the calibration.

Leave a comment:

• Hollywood911
    replied
    Originally posted by Evan D View Post
    Welcome!

If you go to Motions site and look up the ESC under the support tab you should find info on the ESC. The Bronco manual will not have that info. You should calibrate every ESC when you first set up a plane and then any time you change a ESC, receiver or transmitter.
    Evan d, Thank you for your help but for the life of me I cant find the support tab to look up the esc manual/info.

Thank again!

Hollywood

Leave a comment:

• Evan D
    replied
    Welcome!

If you go to Motions site and look up the ESC under the support tab you should find info on the ESC. The Bronco manual will not have that info. You should calibrate every ESC when you first set up a plane and then any time you change a ESC, receiver or transmitter.

Leave a comment:

• Hollywood911
    replied
    JUST PURCHASED THE OV10!!!

I'm new to this site and like to say hello to all...Just ordered the ov10 today and can't wait for it to arrive. One question, I've read a lot of calibrating both esc and setting both LVC on them. Is there instructions in manual of how to do this? if not, can someone explain how to. btw I will be using a NX8 and a AR637T. Also, If one runs out of rx channel slots can you plug the bec in a y cable and share a channel and if so which one would be best to use? Thanks in advance.

Hollywood

Leave a comment:

• RCAZDES20
    replied
    THROTTLE LEADS Y CABLE LOCATION?

I am trying to calibrate each motor esc separately per vipers previous instructions. My birds all assembled and I am trying to locate exactly where the "Y" cable is located that both motor throttle wires join into. The single wire side of the cable gets plugged directly into the RX. I want to locate the Y so I can remove each motor wire separately one at time from the Y so I can to calibrate the ESC for each motor by itself.

Thanks in advance for any information.

P.s. OK, I did some exploring and figured it out. Below is a way to separate each engine's throttle wire to calibrate each ESC separately using battery procedure explained previously by XViper.

Note: As received from the factory, the "throttle" wire is Y'ed at the connector side which is what was plugged into your RX. There is no regular Y-cable each engine's throttle led gets plugged into.

1. Disconnect one boom from the center wing so you can see the wire connections from the boom to corresponding wires running into the center wing portion.
    2. Disconnect the throttle wire.
    3. Attach a long extension wire (12-16" long) to the throttle wire coming from the wing.
    4. Attach the other end of the long wire back to the throttle wire in the boom.
    5. Remove the throttle wire connected to the RX and gently pull on each separate wire-one at time until you figure out and see the long wire at the boom being pulled into the center wing.
    6. Continue pulling on the factory-supplied throttle cable until the long wire you attached gets into the fuse.
    7. Install a short "regular" Y-cable in the RX throttle slot.
    8. Insert the long wire you pulled into one side of the Y lead.
    9. Bundle up the throttle lead you used to fish the long wire into the fuse. This side of the factory Y lead will not be needed.
    10. Connect the factory Y lead into the other port of the regular Y lead.
    11. Reassemble boom to center wing.
    12. Now you can disconnect the throttle lead from each motor individually and calibrate each motor's ESC separately per Viper's procedure.

Hope this helps

Leave a comment:

• Wild Man
    replied
    Test flew this one My Brother gave me for my Birthday last month. Great flying twin Military Aircraft

Click image for larger version

Name:	B9D14FDC-95E0-46C1-978F-508A2FD69A64.jpg
Views:	356
Size:	151.4 KB
ID:	376144Click image for larger version

Name:	E0214590-8E53-41CA-8C2C-B35AA3541816.jpg
Views:	343
Size:	152.6 KB
ID:	376145

Leave a comment:

• Phil34
    replied
    Many thanks for your input Charlie

Leave a comment:

• Phil34
    replied
    Hi was a stock set up 2x 4s 4000 batterys

Leave a comment:

• OV10
    replied
    Phil34 So the undetermined factor in your failure explanation is what voltage you were running the power system on ??? The stock from the factory motor wants a 4S (16vDC).
    Was the power system setup per the manual ??
    Running the stock configuration on the ground is not going to push the motors into overload meltdown.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X