X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Black Horse Heinkel He-112B Anyone?

Chalk this up to being on a bit of a modeling high upon finishing my Blackhorse Do-335 (check back after my maiden attempt, hopefully this week) -- but does anyone else like the Heinkel He-112? Talk about a rarely modeled aircraft, and who doesn't like elliptical wings? I like the size too -- like the Dornier, the length is about the same as the wingspan.

Seems like enough of us raised our hands on the Do-335 that MotionRC decided to import it. Maybe the He-112 could be another that MRC decides to offer?

Click image for larger version

Name:	BH159-5.jpg
Views:	695
Size:	50.9 KB
ID:	253080Click image for larger version

Name:	BH159-3.jpg
Views:	834
Size:	35.5 KB
ID:	253079Click image for larger version

Name:	BH159-5.jpg
Views:	716
Size:	50.9 KB
ID:	253083Click image for larger version

Name:	BH159-1.jpg
Views:	714
Size:	135.3 KB
ID:	253081

Attached Files

That one caught my eye too. Would definitely bamboozle people at the field! Don't know if I'd actually spring for one, but it's in the size range that I like.

Comment

Nick, after you mentioned the He-112 to me the other, I've really warmed up to it. I LOVE having and flying obscure warbirds, especially Luftwaffe. I have a real weakness for crooked cross warbirds.

If Motion brings the He-112 into the States, I'll buy one. Alpha/Motion, if you read this, I'll commit to buying one from the first batch.

From the Black Horse He-112 Product Page

---
      Warbirder

Comment

Interesting. Kind of looks like the love child when a Stuka and a Spitfire got together. .

Comment

I'm listening...
          Live Q&A every Tuesday and Friday at 9pm EST on my Twitch Livestream

Live chat with me and other RC Nuts on my Discord

Camp my Instagram @Alpha.Makes

Comment

I'm listening...
            Ah, my diabolical plan is coming together...

Seriously, not only a rare warbird, but a unique outline. And considering how few were made, there are a good number of alternative color schemes to be considered.

The size is interesting too -- like the Dornier, the length is about the same as the wingspan, so I think that this would be larger in person than people would think (also, like the Dornier).

I'm already considering color schemes...

Comment

Kind of looks like the love child when a Stuka and a Spitfire got together.
              Ha, that's a good one.

Comment

Guys, I finally did get my hands on one of these. If you're interested, my build log is below. I've gotten the maiden in (bare minimum work to make airworthy) and now back in the shop for some improvements, another test flight, and then repaint and detailing. This is a terrific and deceptively large model, and it flew great.

Maiden Video:

Name:	HE-112_TN.jpg
Views:	526
Size:	291.3 KB
ID:	286966Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2758.JPG
Views:	516
Size:	231.1 KB
ID:	286967

Comment

Looks very nice Nick, bet you haven’t calculated $ per lb ? I had a rubber powered version and she flew very nicely — Westwings maybe ? Have plans for a 60” version — Model Builder.

Can’t believe that you were seen flying her without a full 3D decked out cockpit !! You are slipping man.

Comment

Looks very nice Nick, bet you haven’t calculated $ per lb ?
                    Ouch! I hadn't thought of it that way. Would this be with or without the lipo installed? Without the lipo, I'm afraid I'm tipping the financial scales at $156/lb. I know -- it's the worst thing about ARFs. But I am enjoying the unique challenges compared to foamies. And Motion isn't helping by only releasing jets lately, haha.

Can’t believe that you were seen flying her without a full 3D decked out cockpit !! You are slipping man.
                    Not to worry Barry -- that was just the maiden to make sure it'd fly without too many changes. Since then I've modified the flap construction to increase travel and want to get in at least one more test flight, and then it's back to the shop for new paint, markings, and yes, cockpit. The 3D pilot figure is almost done, as well as a photoshop instrument panel. My new graphics arrived today.

Comment

Interesting. Kind of looks like the love child when a Stuka and a Spitfire got together. .

This still makes me laugh, and I have repeated it to friends multiple times.

Comment

Almost finished... Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3142.JPG
Views:	507
Size:	178.1 KB
ID:	291431

Comment

Looks good!

Comment

​​​​​​I keep getting my Heinkels confused. Your He112 looks awesome

Comment

Most people aren't aware of the He112B, which was a fighter. Motion does not import this model -- that it's so unknown has to be a factor.

Comment

Remaiden Flight Video:

Name:	IMG_3187 - Copy.JPG
Views:	425
Size:	127.4 KB
ID:	292365Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3188 - Copy.JPG
Views:	425
Size:	180.9 KB
ID:	292366Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3189 - Copy.JPG
Views:	417
Size:	227.6 KB
ID:	292367Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3190 - Copy.JPG
Views:	435
Size:	210.1 KB
ID:	292368

Comment

Your Stukitfire looks great. It certainly seems handle well. Kudos!

Motion really should consider bringng this one in. It may not sell in huge numbers, but there will be a market. The design lends itself to being a good first wood warbird.

Comment

"Stukafire" -- haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa. That's a good one (which I will steal and take credit for).

I have the impression that Motion wants to "improve" the warbirds before importing. For example, the Do335 was sold in Europe for years with a decently done, and close to correct color scheme. The imported version colors are much less accurate and have all this "pre-weathering" going on, I don't think it looks very realistic. Further, these were prototypes and probably kept in pretty decent shape.

My point is this -- the stock colors on this Heinkel are actually close to scale, lacking only a matte clear coat and addition of the rudder graphic. It's well set up out of the box for electric. They could import it as-is. I guess they don't want the added responsibility of stocking replacement parts on a low-sales model.

What's holding it back is how few ever heard of the real airplane. You say Heinkel He112 and they think you mean the He111 bomber. After all, what warbird flyer hasn't seen "Battle of Britain" a dozen times?

Comment

Working...
                                    X