You must Sign-in or Register to post messages in the Hobby Squawk community
Registration is FREE and only takes a few moments

Register now

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Official Nexa 1500mm P-47D Razorback "Touch of Texas" (Balsa ARF) Discussion Thread

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It’s alive!!!! This thing is fantastic absolutely loved flying the Nexa P-47 this is definitely a great choice for entry into balsa the kit is extremely complete didn’t need to buy anything but motor ESC and servos. Mine is a little nose heavy due to running 6s instead of 4s but the power is worth it. I got 4 flights on the plane this weekend and can’t wait for the next.
    Attached Files

Comment

Our maiden flight video is officially live! Wow what a plane I still stand by the fact that P-47s are the best flying warbirds. The Nexa P-47 is easy to assemble and easy to fly I’m amazed how light they managed to build this plane and it shows in the air. Check out the video for everyone on the fence about getting this bird just be warned you will probably hit that order button 😱

Comment

I saw the Boozer's build thread and the video of their P-47 and can't wait to get mine started but does anyone have any suggestions for a motor/prop combo that's in stock? Motion doesn't seem to be able to keep them in stock, the Boozer's used the one from the FMF 1700mm Corsair, that's discontinued. I really want a 4 bladed prop, the 2 bladed just doesn't look right. Any suggestions. Sorry if the questions sound kind of simple but I'm trying to move up from all the foamies and thought this plane would be a good step w/o spending $1000 on a Black Horse plane. This is kind of a learning experience and I'm looking for a little guidance on which way to go. I like what the Boozer's did, but can't find anything in stock. Frustrating.

Comment

Belike, please be a little patient, the power system is still being produced. Call Horizon and find out how long it will be before Corsair hub will be back in stock. The motor and blades are the same as the P-51 and it is still in production.

Comment

Originally posted by Papa Boozer/Dots View Post
            Belike, please be a little patient, the power system is still being produced. Call Horizon and find out how long it will be before Corsair hub will be back in stock. The motor and blades are the same as the P-51 and it is still in production.

Ok Papa, I'm in the Lotus position practicing my patience. Let's move to something else if you don't mind, you used the Freewing 17g Digital Metal Gear servos. What length leads would you recommend for the servos? I think I remember you saying you had to add an extension on one. What size did you have and what size would you recommend to not have to use an extension? What would you recommend for the full size servo? The instructions call for a 45g full size servo but the Freewing servo is only 30g.

Sorry if I'm trying your patience. I'm more used to having all this with my foamie and want to make sure I don't lose it on the first flight because I used the parts not up to it.

I've watched yours fly several times now, it looks great. And like you, I'm surprised it doesn't have more dihedral. It looks to be almost flat across the bottom but seems to fly great.

Comment

Belike, No problem, good questions. First, the ailerons and flap servos are 17g. the elevator and rudder or 30g metal gear. The 45g. standard servo will work perfect on the rudder and elevator, and I would order them. You will need to order the longest leads for the ailerons that or provided by Freewing. Things that I did not address in the assemble. You will also need to order (3) Y-harness ( ailerons, flaps, gear) and if you want to take the wing off every time you need extension two (2) more for the rudder, elevator and two (2) more for the ailerons. Make sure your extension leads are male and female and at least 6" long. I would suggest ordering extra servo extension and Y-harness for you next projects, they always come in handle and not very expensive. When you have that crash, save everything, it will come in handy in the future.

Comment

Did you happen to check the All Up Weight of your P-47 setup?

Comment

Originally posted by JDill View Post
                  Did you happen to check the All Up Weight of your P-47 setup?
                  I just stuck her on the bathroom scale... it’s the only one I have without the battery it’s 8 pounds exactly... could be slightly off it’s a bathroom scale

Comment

Finished my assembly of Nexa P-47. Overall it was easy assembly with just one hiccup. The wing attach nylon bolts are not long enough. Went down to the local hardware and got a couple so no big deal but Motion might want to look in to this. I went with the Flightline 1600mm Corsair motor and 18" three blade prop combo. Running an Avian 80 amp ESC and Spektrum AR637T so I can get SMART telemetry during flight.
                    Will report back with flight impressions after the maiden....

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20200714_214836.jpg
Views:	1428
Size:	102.9 KB
ID:	263959Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20200714_214937.jpg
Views:	1319
Size:	138.8 KB
ID:	263960Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20200714_215430.jpg
Views:	1318
Size:	121.5 KB
ID:	263961Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20200714_214911.jpg
Views:	1329
Size:	147.0 KB
ID:	263962Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20200714_214852.jpg
Views:	1354
Size:	136.7 KB
ID:	263963

Comment

Originally posted by bkp1300 View Post
                      Finished my assembly of Nexa P-47. Overall it was easy assembly with just one hiccup. The wing attach nylon bolts are not long enough. Went down to the local hardware and got a couple so no big deal but Motion might want to look in to this. I went with the Flightline 1600mm Corsair motor and 18" three blade prop combo. Running an Avian 80 amp ESC and Spektrum AR637T so I can get SMART telemetry during flight.
                      Will report back with flight impressions after the maiden....

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20200714_214836.jpg
Views:	1428
Size:	102.9 KB
ID:	263959Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20200714_214937.jpg
Views:	1319
Size:	138.8 KB
ID:	263960Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20200714_215430.jpg
Views:	1318
Size:	121.5 KB
ID:	263961Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20200714_214911.jpg
Views:	1329
Size:	147.0 KB
ID:	263962Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20200714_214852.jpg
Views:	1354
Size:	136.7 KB
ID:	263963
                      Great job on the assembly I was going to use that same power system at first until I lucked out and was able to get the other I’m using now. Definitely going to order extra props if and when they come back in stock. You are going to love the way this one flys she is a beast

Comment

Maiden plus five flights today on the Nexa P-47. After a scare on maiden takeoff due to not mechanically trimmed very well on my part, I found this model to be a great flyer and got some attention at the field today. She is rock solid and tracks through the sky like a scale aircraft. Running an AR673T receiver with gyro settings low and its awesome. Slows down nice on approach and is predictable. Once got through maiden jitters, was very enjoyable to fly. Have the FMS Corsair 4 blade 17 inch prop on order as the 18 inch three blade prop chews through the grass when taxiing so in my opinion its too big of diameter for this airframe. Luckily my field has an asphalt runway so no issues with prop clearance there. But I will say this power system is killer on the P-47......
                        Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_20200816_165407.jpg Views:	0 Size:	317.3 KB ID:	269078Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_20200816_165330.jpg Views:	0 Size:	325.9 KB ID:	269079Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_20200816_165350.jpg Views:	0 Size:	341.6 KB ID:	269080

Comment

Originally posted by bkp1300 View Post
                          Maiden plus five flights today on the Nexa P-47. After a scare on maiden takeoff due to not mechanically trimmed very well on my part, I found this model to be a great flyer and got some attention at the field today. She is rock solid and tracks through the sky like a scale aircraft. Running an AR673T receiver with gyro settings low and its awesome. Slows down nice on approach and is predictable. Once got through maiden jitters, was very enjoyable to fly. Have the FMS Corsair 4 blade 17 inch prop on order as the 18 inch three blade prop chews through the grass when taxiing so in my opinion its too big of diameter for this airframe. Luckily my field has an asphalt runway so no issues with prop clearance there. But I will say this power system is killer on the P-47......
                          Click image for larger version Name:	IMG_20200816_165407.jpg Views:	0 Size:	317.3 KB ID:	269078Click image for larger version Name:	IMG_20200816_165330.jpg Views:	0 Size:	325.9 KB ID:	269079Click image for larger version Name:	IMG_20200816_165350.jpg Views:	0 Size:	341.6 KB ID:	269080
                          what a great looking build great job on this one its my absolute favored to fly currently.

Comment

i really need to put my Touch of Texas together. You guys are doing great work!

Comment

Guys, is the pilot figure a full body or partial?
                              I’m thinking about using in one of my warbirds. A picture would be appreciated. Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by theoldALFER View Post
                                Guys, is the pilot figure a full body or partial?
                                I’m thinking about using in one of my warbirds. A picture would be appreciated. Thanks.
                                Here you go 😉
                                Attached Files

Comment

Thanks Wes
                                  toA

Comment

bkp1300 I'm glad the FlightLine power system suits your flying style well. Which servos did you end up installing in your Jug?
                                    Live Q&A every Tuesday and Friday at 9pm EST on my Twitch Livestream

Live chat with me and other RC Nuts on my Discord

Camp my Instagram @Alpha.Makes

Comment

Mine is done also without any big problems. Waiting on the fms 5060kv300 motor from china. The tracking i got on it said exception. Returning to sender for security violations. The guy resent. So wont be here before mid nov.
                                      now maybe you guys that build arf’s alot can tell me the secret to getting the wing hold down bolts drilled correctly. I measured but was off slightly lol and yes my wing bolts were to short also. Some 3 inchers cut to about 2.75 in worked well

really nice plane ill buy more nexa planes as i get room

Comment

If anyone is looking for the 5060 300kv motor i found them in stock at rc castle. Only took about 2 weeks to get it also. A good 6 s motor

Comment

Alpha quick question on all these new nexa planes I know this is a big ask but would it be possible in the future to offer a power system as a second part number for guys wanting a turn key ARF? So for instance the Nexa P-47 it could come with the Flightline Corsair prop and motor esc combo and all the servos to complete the model and it’s sold as its own part number for like $199 or however much it comes out to and then a guy knows he has everything to complete the model. On that same thought would it be possible to have you make a scale prop to complement any new Nexa model the Corsair prop blade are perfect it would just need a different hub to make it a 4 blade. This could also be an upgrade for guys with the Corsair that want a 4 blade prop?

Comment

Working...
                                          X