Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Click image for larger version  Name:	FBED5037-0078-4668-9CC4-AFBA3CF5B76B.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	76.7 KB ID:	275822There are NO pics or instructions on esc installation. Also, they forget to tell you there a few more servo cables that must go thru the center wing from one fuse to the other.
    In the Hanger
    Too many to count

Comment

There are pics or instructions on esc installation. Also, they forget to tell you there a few more servo cables that must go thru the center wing from one fuse to the other.
      Last edited by Guy.Caputo@bex.net; Sep 21, 2020, 02:21 PM. Reason: double post by mistake.
      In the Hanger
      Too many to count

Comment

Guy.Caputo@bex.net Thanks for sharing your build with us. Will be following.

Comment

Adjusted motor space from firewall at 112mm per the manual. Way too short once cowling was fitted. Had to move to 117mm to get proper spinner/fuselage spacing. Maybe because of the dimensions of the recommended motor from MRC. The Admiral GP5-770kv motor. But all is well.
          In the Hanger
          Too many to count

Comment

And the center wing flap servo arm is not acceptable positioning. Will fix this as well for all flap servos. Using the recommended HS85BB
            Attached Files
            In the Hanger
            Too many to count

Comment

That does seem like odd placement for the flap servo.

Comment

My brother and I are contemplating getting the F-82 kit for our Dad. He worked on them during the Korean War. He's built some balsa wood models with us as we were growing up and is currently rebuilding an actual Citabria in his garage at the moment. How much of a challenge do you feel the F-82 might present for him? He doesn't have any experience with RC so far.

Comment

It's not a first, second or even a third model airplane for a rank beginner. It's been said many times in forums and magazines and Hobby Shops everywhere. Get him an honest-to-good trainer first. You can build the F-82... just hang it up on the ceiling until you truly know how to fly R/C. When you or he first flies a trainer, you will understand what I mean.
                  Last edited by nuts-n-volts; Oct 5, 2020, 10:55 PM. Reason: vocabulary
                  Fly low, fly fast, turn left

Comment

Originally posted by nuts-n-volts View Post
                    It's not a first, second or even a third model airplane for a rank beginner. It's been said many times in forums and magazines and Hobby Shops everywhere. Get him an honest-to-good trainer first. You can build the F-82... just hang it up on the ceiling until you truly know how to fly R/C. When he you or he first flies a trainer, you will understand what I mean.
                    What he said. Building and flying my Cessna O-2 gave me the confidence to attempt this F-82. This is going to be a fun bird to build. But I have 3 cubbies and 2 other high wing trainers I love to fly.
                    In the Hanger
                    Too many to count

Comment

Using some servo arm extensions and then reset end points of servo. Using flap switch and the throws are perfect for a 3-position flap. Up, Take off and full.
                      Attached Files
                      In the Hanger
                      Too many to count

Comment

Double post
                        Last edited by Guy.Caputo@bex.net; Oct 9, 2020, 09:16 AM. Reason: Double post
                        In the Hanger
                        Too many to count

Comment

While that is a decent micro servo putting that arm on it and reducing the throws in your radio may be too much for that servo to supply. Big surface, small servo, poor mechanical set up.

Comment

MRC speak with forked tongue. This model requires 6 large servo's, not 4 as advertised.It requires
                            2-aileron 2-rudder 2-elevator
                            Now I have to order 2 more to mount elevator. I don't think anyone actually looked at the instructions where on the front page it clearly shows 6 large servo's. Yes, I know, I should have known better. MRC, you need to change your required parts list.

After talking to HiTec re: HS-85BB Mighty Mini servo it has 3.5Kg-cm (49oz-in) @ 6.0volt
                            They were the ones that recommended this servo for this application and even with the longer arm feel that it is still overkill for the 1 of 3 flap surfaces. But I will continue to investigate.
                            In the Hanger
                            Too many to count

Comment

Originally posted by Guy.Caputo@bex.net View Post
                              MRC speak with forked tongue. This model requires 6 large servo's, not 4 as advertised.It requires
                              2-aileron 2-rudder 2-elevator
                              Now I have to order 2 more to mount elevator. I don't think anyone actually looked at the instructions where on the front page it clearly shows 6 large servo's. Yes, I know, I should have known better. MRC, you need to change your required parts list.

After talking to HiTec re: HS-85BB Mighty Mini servo it has 3.5Kg-cm (49oz-in) @ 6.0volt
                              They were the ones that recommended this servo for this application and even with the longer arm feel that it is still overkill for the 1 of 3 flap surfaces. But I will continue to investigate.
                              After removing the covering off the elevator servo mounting position, I found it cut to fit a small servo so I was wrong in assuming it also would be a 645mw. Does anyone know the required servos for the elevator positions on the left and right fuse ? HS-85BB ?
                              In the Hanger
                              Too many to count

Comment

With the importance of the elevator why not open the spot and use the larger servo?

Comment

Originally posted by Evan D View Post
                                  With the importance of the elevator why not open the spot and use the larger servo?
                                  The elevator is powered by 2 servo's. Would not using the 645MG's be way overkill? The openings are 16 x 31 mm I'll look to see what's out there. Thanks
                                  In the Hanger
                                  Too many to count

Comment

The way I look at it is if I was building this from scratch what would I do. Thinking this is a fair size plane capable of some good speed. Critical surface, probably most critical. I do think that the micro probably has enough torque and speed but remember the larger servo gets you a larger mounting footprint and larger geartrain.

Comment

Originally posted by Evan D View Post
                                      The way I look at it is if I was building this from scratch what would I do. Thinking this is a fair size plane capable of some good speed. Critical surface, probably most critical. I do think that the micro probably has enough torque and speed but remember the larger servo gets you a larger mounting footprint and larger geartrain.
                                      I agree. Opened the elevator servo mount hole to 20x41mm to fit a couple HS-5645MG servos. Just a note here, You have to reverse of one your servos because they are opposing. You can accomplish this a few ways. However you choose to do that is builders preference. I chose a reverser from Daves RC Electronics, but I understand you can program some Hitec servos to do that as well.
                                      In the Hanger
                                      Too many to count

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	E8977CDE-5B0F-448F-AD85-9621E588A928.jpeg
Views:	669
Size:	70.7 KB
ID:	281721
                                        In the Hanger
                                        Too many to count

Comment

Looks good... I’d paint it grey...