Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Evan D View Post
    Looks good... I’d paint it grey...
    already matched the paint to the Orocover. Thanks, between running the business www.FlyingTigerRC.com and working 50-60 hrs/week at the day job, My time in the hanger is preciously guarded. I get maybe 2-4 hours a weekend to spend on the planes and my wife is very happy that I'm happy.
    In the Hanger
    Too many to count

Comment

After attempting to post my review of the Nexa twin mustang on Motion RC's website, and them not doing so; I must warn those who try to build this plane.

The instruction manual is garbage and if one follows it, the plane will never fly. Having just put one together AND successfully flown it, I can substantiate this. It took almost a month working nights and weekends to figure it out and make the necessary adjustments. This is my 30th plane.
      Previously, I put together the Balsa Profly OV-10, and that kit was perfect! (although the nose steering is problematic) I expected more from Motion RC in regards to the the F-82

I would give the plane a 2/5 rating as the covering on mine was perfect, however that is about it.

There are major things wrong and minor things.

Major:
      wrong thrust angle at firewall
      wrong CG
      wrong control throws
      mismatched cowlings requiring adding 3/8 of an inch to one
      wrong positioning of elevator servos

Minor:
      Missing wing dowels
      missing c clips on landing gear
      non working strut (bent inner spring)
      spinners not properly mated to plastic base ring
      no ventilation holes for electric set ups
      Kit relied on c clips to hold on wheels (one broke and wheel came off on second flight ,no major damage)

There were countless other omissions/wrong instructions in the manual- do not use it!

I contacted Motion 3 different times regarding this kit and was told "that's just how things are", I even offered to post a build video on this plane if they sent me a kit, they declined. The most upsetting thing is that they declined to post my honest review that was not pleasing to them. This is morally not right. How can we trust them?

Back to the plane'
      The elevator servos must be placed next to the rudder servos. There is even a place for them and guide holes punched out for the control rods . Not doing this will produce a very tail heavy plane.

I used 2 power 46 motors, 2 Tallon 90 ESC's , two 5 cell 5000 batteries, separate life battery for all servos, counterrotating props 13-6's
      With the batteries pushed all the way to the fire wall ,it balanced where I felt it should ( just in front of the Main spar)

It does fly nice with modificatons, Plenty of power; I just wish Motion had Vetted this product prior to putting ot out to the public

Comment

Originally posted by raccoonlvr View Post
        After attempting to post my review of the Nexa twin mustang on Motion RC's website, and them not doing so; I must warn those who try to build this plane.

The instruction manual is garbage and if one follows it, the plane will never fly. Having just put one together AND successfully flown it, I can substantiate this. It took almost a month working nights and weekends to figure it out and make the necessary adjustments. This is my 30th plane.
        Previously, I put together the Balsa Profly OV-10, and that kit was perfect! (although the nose steering is problematic) I expected more from Motion RC in regards to the the F-82

I would give the plane a 2/5 rating as the covering on mine was perfect, however that is about it.

There are major things wrong and minor things.

Major:
        wrong thrust angle at firewall
        wrong CG
        wrong control throws
        mismatched cowlings requiring adding 3/8 of an inch to one
        wrong positioning of elevator servos

Minor:
        Missing wing dowels
        missing c clips on landing gear
        non working strut (bent inner spring)
        spinners not properly mated to plastic base ring
        no ventilation holes for electric set ups
        Kit relied on c clips to hold on wheels (one broke and wheel came off on second flight ,no major damage)

There were countless other omissions/wrong instructions in the manual- do not use it!

I contacted Motion 3 different times regarding this kit and was told "that's just how things are", I even offered to post a build video on this plane if they sent me a kit, they declined. The most upsetting thing is that they declined to post my honest review that was not pleasing to them. This is morally not right. How can we trust them?

Back to the plane'
        The elevator servos must be placed next to the rudder servos. There is even a place for them and guide holes punched out for the control rods . Not doing this will produce a very tail heavy plane.

I used 2 power 46 motors, 2 Tallon 90 ESC's , two 5 cell 5000 batteries, separate life battery for all servos, counterrotating props 13-6's
        With the batteries pushed all the way to the fire wall ,it balanced where I felt it should ( just in front of the Main spar)

It does fly nice with modificatons, Plenty of power; I just wish Motion had Vetted this product prior to putting ot out to the public

Ya don't say. Your 1st post and you're pissed at MRC because you didn't receive something for free. Hope you're not looking for credibility.
        In the Hanger
        Too many to count

Comment

Just wanted to post a few pics of my F-82. We're going with the Alaskan Air Command colors. Still have to paint wingtips and fine touch-up the front of the cowls. Everything operational and zero'd out. Now the tedious stuff. Verify every screw is tight and all e-clips have foam-tac on them. Double check all control arms, servos, DR's, throws and finish up motor wattage measurements.

Click image for larger version  Name:	547434FD-1EEA-484A-B9BA-02778942BF71.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	182.7 KB ID:	292192Click image for larger version  Name:	3489DB36-E3F0-4814-B049-7259B36F37B7.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	199.8 KB ID:	292195Click image for larger version  Name:	A5E8E501-1390-49D5-ABE5-C9EE1BC25255.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	162.5 KB ID:	292189Click image for larger version  Name:	31FB43CA-4390-4958-8B59-A4B605708743.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	156.2 KB ID:	292190Click image for larger version  Name:	851F0B84-9027-4E4E-9579-8C65718F9346.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	191.1 KB ID:	292191
          Click image for larger version  Name:	3489DB36-E3F0-4814-B049-7259B36F37B7.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	199.8 KB ID:	292194
          Attached Files
          In the Hanger
          Too many to count

Comment

Very nice!

Comment

Guy.Caputo@bex.net Well Done! Looks much better than the Betty Jo livery.

Comment

Click image for larger version  Name:	image_66251.jpg Views:	18 Size:	131.7 KB ID:	292634 Click image for larger version  Name:	image_66272.jpg Views:	3 Size:	180.6 KB ID:	292722Click image for larger version  Name:	f82_4.jpg Views:	0 Size:	140.0 KB ID:	292723Click image for larger version  Name:	f82_5.jpg Views:	0 Size:	165.2 KB ID:	292720 A couple more.
                Attached Files
                In the Hanger
                Too many to count

Comment

There are 8 implanted mystery clues to what this aircraft was in the Alaskan Air Command. You can find more clues at the Motion RC Community Facebook page. https://www.facebook.com/groups/motionrcfanmedia
                  In the Hanger
                  Too many to count

Comment

Hi Alpha:-)

I am looking to buy this airplane and all of the stuff that I need to build and fly it. However I live and fly at an elevation of about 4,500 Feet and I have read that if you use 4 to 5 sell Lipo Batteries I will have to add dead wait to balance this airplane. So I want to use 6 Sell batteries to power this airplane. Not to mention that the recommended Motors are out of stock. Can you Please recommend to me a pair of alternative motors that I can buy from Motion RC that will fit the bill. Will a pair of FlightLine 5055-390kV Brushless Motors work well in the F-82 Twin Mustang? Or can you recommend better motors?

Thank you for your help.

Guybo:-)

Guybo (Guy Hurst)

Comment

Guybo
                      Hello.......Alpha has been "Run Silent Run Deep" (to plagiarize a 58 book title) since before Thanksgiving so I'll just thrown in my 2 cents of experience for general guidance
                      Your selection of a that motor right off the git-go as a possible is a pretty good start. That 390kV from the FL 1600 Spitfire is what I would go with also.
                      The complete Spitty power plant of motor spinner/4 bladed prop would most likely look pretty scale also.
                      I'm using that motor on an ASM 94" span A-26 turning MAS 16x10x3 props.
                      The higher the voltage of a power system the more efficient in current requirements they become. A 6S power system for this F-82 is basically a must.
                      Best regards,
                      Warbird Charlie
                      HSD Skyraider FlightLine OV-10 FMS 1400: P-40B, P-51, F4U, F6F, T-28, P-40E, Pitts, 1700 F4U & F7F, FOX glider Freewing A-6, T-33, P-51 Dynam ME-262, Waco TF Giant P-47; ESM F7F-3 LX PBJ-1 EFL CZ T-28, C-150, 1500 P-51 & FW-190

Comment

Well, I decided since the prices are going up relatively soon, that it's time to order one. Now, there are only 3 left in US warehouse.
                        We all know that this rendition is not a "competition scale" model. Sometimes it's worth just having a "fun scale" version of an unusual airframe.

Anymore reports or progress from current owner/pilots???

Comment

I was pleasantly surprised by the overall quality, for the price point. I think that it's going to be a fun project.

I'm going with the NTM Propdrive 4258 500kv motors on 6S turning counter-rotating APC 14x8.5 props(15" CW not available in the desired pitch range). Should produce 2kw+.
                          Also considering using two receivers, one for each fuselage side controls. One will control the flaps and the other, the retracts.

As for livery, mat ditch the Betty Jo and go with the earlier NACA version for the tail number.

Comment

Mine is currently about #3 in line for the bench. I did notice that these are now OOS in the US warehouse. So, there are certainly some out there.

If you've got a build in progress or some flight reports, please share here on the Squawk.

Click image for larger version

Name:	NACA F82.jpg
Views:	600
Size:	171.6 KB
ID:	321521

Comment

Twowingtj ......... and here I was hoping that you were feverishly working to unveil this for the upcoming Festival
                              Warbird Charlie
                              HSD Skyraider FlightLine OV-10 FMS 1400: P-40B, P-51, F4U, F6F, T-28, P-40E, Pitts, 1700 F4U & F7F, FOX glider Freewing A-6, T-33, P-51 Dynam ME-262, Waco TF Giant P-47; ESM F7F-3 LX PBJ-1 EFL CZ T-28, C-150, 1500 P-51 & FW-190

Comment

OV10 Not this year Charlie. All good things in their time. .

Comment

The ARF is sold out on MRC, so there must be a few out there. Any progress/flight reports? Don't be shy.

Mine is currently #2 in line for the bench.

Comment

The F-82 is now on the bench. My builds usually take a while but, I'll update as I go along.

Since this is a "fun scale" project, I think I'll go with a fantasy livery. The cowls, rudders, and wing tips will be yellow. It will also be sporting invasion strips.

I'm looking for a name for the nose art. I'm looking to highlight the twin/double fuselage aspect. Something with twin, double, two etc.... in the name. Suggestions are more than welcome.

Comment

Double Trouble...

Comment

Originally posted by Evan D View Post
                                        Double Trouble...
                                        That was kind of my first thought too. It was used on several different planes during WWII with different artwork.

Comment

Plus other planes. This is my Double Trouble, a twin Kaos if you can get the correlation.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Twin Kaos2.JPG
Views:	452
Size:	231.4 KB
ID:	330547

Comment

Working...
                                          X