First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Had the vertical fin fracture
    Attached Files

Comment

Ill be darned. It does have a lot of fin, thats for sure. Looks to be a decent repair. Looks like the covering came off well. Cracked from regular flying?

Comment

Yes broke at the base if the fin. Three flights today flies great? I need to cover
        Attached Files

Comment

Can anyone tell me the diameter dimensions of the cowl.I have a line on a UMS 5 cup 75cc at a good price but not sure it will fit.

Comment

Does the bearcat come with the Navy decals on it?

Comment

Mine did not come installed.

Comment

Pulled the trigger on this plane and should be arriving tomorrow. Plan is to drop in a UMS 5-75 radial with the hope of not add any extra ballast to the nose.
                If guys a installing a saito r60 this engine is only 10 mm larger in diameter so it should fit. I will know for sure when it arrives.
                plan on doing complete reinforcing wher needed and LED navigation lights to scale. And if all goes well in spring for maiden... may be a smoke system.

Comment

Originally posted by Thinset View Post
                  Pulled the trigger on this plane and should be arriving tomorrow. Plan is to drop in a UMS 5-75 radial with the hope of not add any extra ballast to the nose.
                  If guys a installing a saito r60 this engine is only 10 mm larger in diameter so it should fit. I will know for sure when it arrives.
                  plan on doing complete reinforcing wher needed and LED navigation lights to scale. And if all goes well in spring for maiden... may be a smoke system.
                  Good luck. Whether it will fit depends on how far back you can get the engine. My R60 just fits.

Comment

If that’s the case than it Shouldn’t be a problem.
                    The UMS at 162 mm in length is somewhat shorter than the SAITO at 168.5 mm.

Comment

If that’s the case than it Shouldn’t be a problem.
                      The UMS at 162 mm in length is somewhat shorter than the SAITO at 168.5 mm.
                      Yeah...that's the question. Since the cowl tapers from back to front you need the engine back a little way to fit. But, not so far that the prop isn't in the correct location. I'm sure you will make it work.

Comment

Me too thinset. Ordered mine yesterday too. Gonna stick a Saito R60 in it.

Comment

So mine showed up yesterday and I was impressed with the quality of this warbird. My only issue was the tip of the rudder was cracked at the seam. It appears that it was never glued in and the only thing holding it in place was the covering.
                          Not a big deal though. Going to get into things in more depth tonite

Comment

Anyone know if these retracts will handle 2s LiPo?

Comment

Anyone know if these retracts will handle 2s LiPo?
                              Can you post a photo?

Comment

I was referring to the stock retracts that come with the bearcat😀

Comment

Can you post a photo of them

Comment

Still in the airframe but here you go
                                    Attached Files

Comment

EGAD,,,unboxed my f8f this morning...no rudder! I think ill need one of those eventually. Also the canopy was scratched on the top. Id prefer to do that myself. The fake radial plate was in 3 pieces. I had planned on using that as a baffel for the saito radial. Im sure Motion will do good with all this. Did like the covering and finish and like that the retracts were installed but still have to see if they work.

Comment

At least you got a rudder Thinset. I didnt get one.

Comment

Another question, for the saito R60 radial how did you reinforce the firewall? How much is needed? Do you have a distance from the firewall to the backplate?

Comment

Working...
                                          X