Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My retracts arrived today and what acwork if art they are. Mono block construction makes for strong unit that is light weight, the gear controller uses a 2S lipo of 500 mah capacity.
    Attached Files
    Hobby Squawk RC airplane, boat, car, helicopter, tank, truck blog forum community

Comment

Impressive! What is the cycle time on these units? I had Electrons a few years ago and they were pleasingly slow. 'Looked great and ran great.
      Live Q&A every Tuesday and Friday at 9pm EST on my Twitch Livestream

Live chat with me and other RC Nuts on my Discord

Camp my Instagram @Alpha.Makes

Comment

Let me take a short video and post it.

Comment

corsair nut,
          how did you remove the covering? A total pain with many many little pieces or could you take big pieces off? Heat gun? Did a lot of glue stay on the wood and had to be removed?

joe hockey,
          when I look at the vq site, it says comes with fixed gear and retracts are an option? I see they sell E and Sierra for it under accessories. Doesn’t seem like they come with now...?

Comment

Greggk, yes it came with fixed gear.
            retracts are an option from VQ warbirds

Comment

Any idea on the total wing area? Thanks in advance

Comment

I was looking at the recommended servos and they both say that they are for elevator and rudder. Which ones should I use for the elevator?

Comment

So, is this plane covered with ultracote? I think i would like to paint over it and i think you can paint ultracote and monokote.

Comment

Originally posted by bbolz View Post
                    So, is this plane covered with ultracote? I think i would like to paint over it and i think you can paint ultracote and monokote.
                    No its covered in shelf paper like covering.

Comment

Hmmm. Shelf paper. Still should take paint and clear.

Comment

It does take paint and clear. This covering looks great when its tight but if you leave it in the sun it WILL sag.

Comment

Thats good to know. I think automotive acrylic enamel has enough flexibility to allow some sagging. Im thinking of the Rare Bear color scheme with maybe some Callie graphics, what do you think? The Nexa Rare bear is not available and it dosent look like Motion is interested in stocking this plane. So, the 2035 mm Navy Bearcat may be the answer. And i like that the retracts are included.

Comment

Anyone know if the retracts that come with the Nexa Bearcat are decent? Whats the electron retracts in previous posts?

Comment

Thats good to know. I think automotive acrylic enamel has enough flexibility to allow some sagging. Im thinking of the Rare Bear color scheme with maybe some Callie graphics, what do you think? The Nexa Rare bear is not available and it dosent look like Motion is interested in stocking this plane. So, the 2035 mm Navy Bearcat may be the answer. And i like that the retracts are included.
                              There is a Rare Bear Version avaialble!

Comment

From who robert, i have not been able to find one.

Comment

Vq warbirds had the Rare Bear.

Comment

Originally posted by Robert Belluomini View Post
                                    Vq warbirds had the Rare Bear.
                                    Hello Robert...……….search of Tomas's site only shows the 2&4 blade spinner and the cowl for the Rare Bear...…...no 80" ARF

So I guess that your use of "had" is accurate versus has for bbolz information
                                    Warbird Charlie
                                    HSD Skyraider FlightLine OV-10 FMS 1400: P-40B, P-51, F4U, F6F, T-28, P-40E, Pitts, 1700 F4U & F7F, FOX glider Freewing A-6, T-33, P-51 Dynam ME-262, Waco TF Giant P-47; ESM F7F-3 LX PBJ-1 EFL CZ T-28, C-150, 1500 P-51 & FW-190

Comment

Yeah, already contacted VQ about the rare bear. They replied to contact Motion. Motion is not importing that plane unless there is more interest. VQ will not sell outsude of the distributor, Motion. So, thats why im looking at paint.

Comment

There were a lot of the E-flite Rare Bears sold. I would imagine that a larger balsa version, would do well too, if it was a well desinged strudy airframe. I'd like to have a nice 80" Rare Brear!

I'd also like to see a series of Reno Air Racers done in the same scale. September Fury, Strega, and Voodoo to name a few.

Comment

Yeah, already contacted VQ about the rare bear. They replied to contact Motion. Motion is not importing that plane unless there is more interest. VQ will not sell outsude of the distributor, Motion. So, thats why im looking at paint.
                                          The VQ Bearcat and Rare Bear are the same plane except the Rare Bear has the race bubble cockpit. You can still get the Rare Bears from VQ distributors besides Motion, you have to special order it. Lindinger sells it in the EU, it is special order and is like $659 Euros but thats with VAT included plus shipping. If they can drop ship it from VQ to the USA you probably won't pay VAT so it'll be similar to the price of the Nexa Bearcat.

Just remember that the real Rare Bear has no flaps and clipped wings. There are a few ppl who have deleted the flaps and clipped the wings and it still flies fine. A Saito 60cc Radial DOES fit in the cowl but will not be nearly as fast as an electric or even just a 2 stroke single or boxer.

As far as retracts, the ones for it on the Legend site for I think $100 work awesome. If they are still in stock...

Comment

Working...
                                          X