X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Robert Belluomini View Post
    First time using solartex. I really like this material.
    Looks great Bob, can't wait to see how she finishes up

Comment

• Ill let you know.

Comment

• Originally posted by Joehockey View Post
        ...........Definitely keep you posted on the CMP line, they are testing shipping now to gauge cost and packing
        Hey Lou - now that we are a couple months down the road.......can you offer any hope to the rebirth of the CMP product stuff? While they certainly weren’t perfect (what is?), they weren’t impossible to fix, without spending a ton. Getting a decades worth of progress and experience hopefully might help them along in some improved ways. Still flying their Hellcat, with a Spitfire awaiting an eventual build.

Comment

• I have to check in with my contact as he started posting updates on RCG. They have an updated beautiful Zero and a BF109 .
          Some of the discussions are confidential however I can reveal that they have contacted two USA major distributors. The delay was in the test shipping and damage to the models in shipping.
          I think the continued delay is the absolute insane cost of the containers that have gone from $4000 upwards of $10,000. I think we can all see the cost factored into the Motion RC models, really not their fault but shipping from overseas is absurd at this time.
          I will ask Mr Lee this evening for an update

Comment

• Reassembled the cat in time for SEFF. I still need to add markings but I will say it looks the part and she flies great.

Comment

• Originally posted by bbolz View Post
              Turned my nexa f8f into a rare bear. Havent flown it yet. Waiting forspring. Have to run in the saito 60 ccr3.
              and what did you do to it... Iron... paint... glass. magic wand.

Comment

• Any of you fantastic people have any lead on a canopy for the 2020mm Bearcat? I only need the transparent canopy, not the cockpit assembly. Mine was shipped without one and the shipment is not expected until December. Thanks!

Comment

• I painted right over the blue finish with automotive acrylic enamel and clook ear coat. Beautiful.

Comment

• Hey everyone - I am curious who has bought this plane recently and whether anyone is running electric. If you’re doing electric, what power system and batteries are you using and what did the weight work out to?

Comment

• Hey Guys,

New to HobbySquawk.

I was planning on getting this NEXA F8F Bearcat. I just had one question,

I have a DLE40 Twin, will it fit in the cowl without having to cut out clearances for the spark plug ? The Overall width of the DLE40 with the spark plug caps in around 20.5cm ?

What is the smallest diameter on the cowl ?

Thank you all for your advice and support.

Cheers.
                      Prit

Comment

• Originally posted by cartrouble2k View Post
                        Hey everyone - I am curious who has bought this plane recently and whether anyone is running electric. If you’re doing electric, what power system and batteries are you using and what did the weight work out to?

I am just finishing up my VQ Bearcat with electric power. I am running an Avian 8075-230kv motor, YEAp 120A esc and 12s batteries. Just getting ready to check the c/g on the bird. All up weight so far is 20lbs 10 oz. I rebuilt the firewall and moved it forward 2.5” to the batteries can be as forward as possible.

Comment

• What is the balance point you guys are using? Right now I have mine set up at the forward range of the c/g per the instructions. I was able to balance the beast without adding any nose weight. All up weight is 21lbs

Comment

• I'm considering buying this great looking model, but need some information first. Can someone that owns one please tell me the height dimension (including the tail of the fuse) of the vertical stabilizer? Please.

Comment

• Originally posted by lnwlf40 View Post
                              I'm considering buying this great looking model, but need some information first. Can someone that owns one please tell me the height dimension (including the tail of the fuse) of the vertical stabilizer? Please.
                              19.5 in

Comment

• Buy it now on sale... $799
                                F8F Bearcat 2020mm (79.5") Wingspan - ARF from Nexa - NXA1006-001 The Grumman F8F Bearcat was a single-engine American fighter aircraft introduced in late World War II. It went on to serve into the mid-20th century in the United States Navy, the United States Marine Corps, and the air forces of other nations. It would

Comment

• Thanks for the info. I'm seriously considering it since it's on sale.

Comment

• I am looking for the stock tailwheel assembly for this airplane. If you have one available, please let me know! Thank you!

Comment

Working...
                                    X