Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Great advice Papa Boozer. I was inquiring about this plane the other day. Sorry -I didn’t realize you had been documenting the build on Hobbysquawk. Just awesome you take the time to share with us your experience with this one. 👊😉

Comment

Payitfwdrc ...Thanks, for taking the time to post a reply. You are an avid supporter of the Boozers. I hope this is one of many to come, on balsa assembles. If you have any advise of how I can improve this thread let use know. This is like U-Tube if you like the content, please it the like button.

Comment

Papa...You got it! Y’all are great folks. Enjoy your enthusiasm and passion for the hobby. I subbed this thread. Looking forward to future content from the Merry Boozers. 👊😉

Comment

Originally posted by ncflyer79 View Post
          Do your gear doors hang down when the gear is retracted? Mine weren’t even close to closing all the way because of a wing rib in the way that the wheel was hitting. Also my firewall was loose and needed glue too. My wing bolt weren’t even close to lining up and I had to move the spar in the fuse back a half inch in order for them to line up. I used the FMS 1500mm power system in mine. Mine was the bubble top hairless joe camo scheme and I got it over a year ago when they were called VQ and sold out of Texas by VQ warbirds now legend hobby.
          That was actually the motor prop combo I wanted to use but there out of stock everywhere I did shave a little bit on the wheel well for the doors to close properly just part of balsa to have some fine tuning on these models. No problem with the wing spare not being in line.

Comment

Originally posted by Bellke View Post

Thanks Papa, unfortunately I see that plane has been discontinued and while the blades are available, the hub isn't. I'll keep looking to see what I can find, a P-47 just doesn't look right with a 2 bladed prop.

BTW, looking forward to the maiden. I usually come by the channel most days and as soon as I have notification of this one, I'm going to have to take a break and watch.
            It’s all still available if you want this exact prop
            The Spinner Blue F4U 1700mm by FMS is a quality built remote controlled airplane accessory. See all our RC product options online at Horizon Hobby!

The Propeller, 17 x10, 4-Blade: 1700mm F4U by FMS is a quality built remote controlled airplane accessory. See all our RC product options online at Horizon Hobby!

in stock 😉

Comment

She has officially flown I will update everyone with the video when it comes out on Wednesday but I can officially tell you it’s fantastic and possibly my favorite MRC plane I’ve flown this year. On 6s the vertical is unlimited ground handling was surprising easy It’s super stable everything a P-47 should be and the paint job is my favorite of any P-47 on the market. If I could change one thing on this kit the dihedral is wrong on the wing it definitely needs more to look correct but it flys good the way it comes if I where to do it again I would probably build it with the correct amount.
              Attached Files

Comment

She's a beaut! Congrats on a happy maiden!
                My YouTube RC videos:
                https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

Wesley...Looking real good my friend. Can’t hardly wait to see video of the maiden. Papa did a great job too....👊👊😉

Comment

Maiden Flight....Yes, the maiden is in the can and has been up for viewing since 6-24-20. Wesley should post the flight on this thread in the future. But, until then go to the Merry Boozer Channel and watch this fabulous plane fly. We really got this one right, watch the video and see for yourself. If you like what we are doing, please subscribe to the channel. This will ensure more of these assemblies will continue. Thanks, Wesley, Lori, and Papa P.S. Let Motion know if you like what you see!

Comment

Originally posted by Merry Boozer RC View Post
                      She has officially flown I will update everyone with the video when it comes out on Wednesday but I can officially tell you it’s fantastic and possibly my favorite MRC plane I’ve flown this year. On 6s the vertical is unlimited ground handling was surprising easy It’s super stable everything a P-47 should be and the paint job is my favorite of any P-47 on the market. If I could change one thing on this kit the dihedral is wrong on the wing it definitely needs more to look correct but it flys good the way it comes if I where to do it again I would probably build it with the correct amount.
                      Thanks for the great write up on assembling this awesome airplane. After seeing the unboxing on Boozers RC channel, was thinking hard about making the jump to balsa. When your flight video came out i was done. Ordered the kit and freewing servos for the install. Motion has already shipped it out and should be here soon. Was wondering about the dihedral of the wing and how you said if you had it to do over would add a little for scale. Does Papa have any insight or suggestions how to accomplish this? I could use a pointer or two before trying to tackle this or just leave it be.......

Comment

SERVOS & LEAD EXTENSIONS....Guys I am sorry, but I did not address this issue. I guess because of my experiences in balsa planes, I take this as normal procedure in assembly of balsa. Leads needed and how long? It depends on servos of choice and the length of leads provided on the servo. This will determine the length of the extension needed to get lead inside the aircraft. You will also need (3) Y-harness ( flaps, ailerons, gear), I will tell you to make sure to order male to female extensions. Leads or not too expensive, so order assortment of lengths. Common sense time, the flaps and gear will use shorter length extensions than the ailerons. Normally the rudder will plug right into the receiver, If the model calls for two elevator servos, another Y-harness will be need, but no extensions.You will also find out the larger the plane, the more you will be taking the wing off to transport. I wish there was a set answer, but each model is different, but you will always have this issue with a balsa plan, Part of that learning process. Hang in there, it's worth it!

Comment

bkp1300, Way to go, you or on your way to a new experience. First, be prepared for a few issues. What issue? just those things that your have never had to deal with foam planes, Good example, the last thing I put in about servos and extensions. Do not get frustrated....It is your first one....remember that! Since this is your first balsa plane, I would not address the dihedral issue, this is for a more experienced builder, and I did say builder. The plane flies great as is, it was all for looks with me. But, if you stay around balsa this will not be a issue in the future. I hope this is a great experience, and will lead you on your journey to another level in RC. Wishing you good luck, and remember that common sense thing. My Dad always said, " If it was easy, everybody would be doing it!"

Comment

Alright Papa Boozer thanks for the advice. Looking forward to assembling this model. Great job by the way on this build thread.

Comment

Bkp1300, I really thing we got this one right, specially on the power system. I would like to say, please guys do your own thing, and never let anyone take away from you trying. YOU WILL MAKE MISTAKES! When you do, your skill level increases, and you may never make the same error again.. It's called that learning curve, and you will be rewarded in the future for your effort. This is what happen when you start assembling balsa planes. Take pride in your knowledge gain, then go for the moon. Wishing you great success in the future, and the setbacks are part of the sport. People have ask me over the years if they could be in this hobby. My reply " You see this airplane? Can you jump right in the middle of it? If they say "NO". Then my reply is. " I don't think so." That's the difference between and airplane guy and another RC'er. I love it, like nothing else, it separates the men from the boys. Papa

Comment

For those of you that had been following this thread I wanted to share the maiden flight. We where vary impressed with this plane and the performance was excellent after actually assembling and flying the model this truly gets the boozer stamp of approval. Also FYI I was not payed or provided any part of this model so this review is unbiased and as truthful as it can be. We truly wanted this model enough to pay for it in full to review it. Great job Motionrc I’m excited to see where the Nexa line goes in the future.

Comment

Papa Boozer, fantastic build thread with so much detail and everything explained thoroughly. Ive been flying balsa planes with glow engines since May 1986 and I love this hobby as much now as I did when I started back then. In recent years I have started buying and flying a few electric planes also which give me great satisfaction too. One of which you recommended to me not long ago, The big Eflite Carbon z T-28 Trojan. Its a great plane and im still flying it. But in all this years ive never had a P47 in my hangar. You have now convinced me that this is The Thunderbolt I should go for and when I do buy it I will fly it on electric power with a 6s 5000 lipo pack. Your maiden flight was great Papa Boozer, the plane looks so stable and solid in flight. Thanks again to you and the Merry Boozer for offering all your help and experience to RC Modelers throughout the globe. I will be putting my order in for this great plane. Kind regards.

Comment

easystar123, I do appreciate your reply and your positive response. I also have enjoyed gas planes way back to the early eighties. My son, was the reason I started back in the hobby two years ago. Electric planes were new too me at this time.. I did miss the balsa planes and the assembly, If you are an expert builder, I do recommend putting a little dihedral in the wing. But, do know this is not recommended are required to make the airplane fly well. I wish you great success on your project. If one person has a great experience with this plane when using our recommendations. The Boozers will be a success and keep all three motivated. I do hope you are a subscriber to our channel. If so thank you!

Comment

Originally posted by Papa Boozer/Dots View Post
                                      easystar123, I do appreciate your reply and your positive response. I also have enjoyed gas planes way back to the early eighties. My son, was the reason I started back in the hobby two years ago. Electric planes were new too me at this time.. I did miss the balsa planes and the assembly, If you are an expert builder, I do recommend putting a little dihedral in the wing. But, do know this is not recommended are required to make the airplane fly well. I wish you great success on your project. If one person has a great experience with this plane when using our recommendations. The Boozers will be a success and keep all three motivated. I do hope you are a subscriber to our channel. If so thank you!
                                      Yes Papa Boozer I am a subscriber to your channel and I love all the videos you make. Im not an expert builder but I will just keep the wings the way they are as you have said the plane flys well without anymore dihedral so will be happy to just leave it. Kind regards and happy landings. Cant wait to get the plane.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	59F998B8-C8B3-4A75-AF50-E5CC046DD937.jpeg
Views:	838
Size:	217.7 KB
ID:	263983 The P-47 is one of a few warbirds that fly well as a model without changing tail shapes or airfoils. The others are the Zero and Focke Wulf. Hard to go wrong with them. I’m flying my TF P-47 today.

Congrats on the build and flight MB.

Comment

Evan D, Great looking bird! I also have had some Top Flite models in my day. The last one I built was a sixty size B model Mustang.. This was in the day before Top Flite made ARF's. I remember not being to impressed with the wing design of that model. I rebuilt the wing twice, the last time using foam board in the middle sections with over lapping carbon fiber. This was just to keep the gear from coming out when landing. This was also in the days of air retracts, what a pain. Had a two stroke 91 OS engine, now I am show my age. I still have that bird, and one day, plan on a rebuild. This time making her electric powered, since the P-47 come out so sweet. I know your bird is a great flyer, never seen a bad flying jug. Fair skies and soft landings with her, she is a real lady.

Comment

Working...
                                          X