Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks for the build thread. Where did you source your motor from? Thanks!

Comment

jseese, Wesley my son, ordered the power system off of Horizon Hobby. This system is off of the FMS 1700mm Corsair. I understand it is no longer in production. You my want to call Horizon and see if they will be providing parts going forward. This motor is the same for the P-51 FMS 1700mm. Check the numbers and see if they are the same. Hope this helps. Papa. P.S. If you kick on the picture of the power system, it will enlarge and show you the parts numbers up close.

Comment

Thanks for posting some great resources MerryBoozers (build pics and video).

I'm seriously considering building this bird. Just a couple of questions if you don't mind. I am assuming the one piece wing can be removed for transport? (I only have a small car). I have a power system from a 1600mm spitfire. I'm thinking that would work well on 6S in this bird. What do you think?

Comment

Originally posted by Gremlin View Post
          Thanks for posting some great resources MerryBoozers (build pics and video).

I'm seriously considering building this bird. Just a couple of questions if you don't mind. I am assuming the one piece wing can be removed for transport? (I only have a small car). I have a power system from a 1600mm spitfire. I'm thinking that would work well on 6S in this bird. What do you think?
          Yes the wing definitely come off and I think that poer system would work although the prop spinner combo might look funky from the spitfire

Comment

blew up the pics and got the freewing servo part number..so ordered the 4 from motion and the two hitecs now everything is ordered except the esc...what ya think of a 85a ztw esc for the 6 s set up?
            Durafly t-28
            Freewing sbd 5
            Avros seafurry
            freewing A-6 edf
            fms pt17

Comment

Originally posted by Ron1950 View Post
              blew up the pics and got the freewing servo part number..so ordered the 4 from motion and the two hitecs now everything is ordered except the esc...what ya think of a 85a ztw esc for the 6 s set up?
              The 85amp will probably work I only used the 100 because I had one sitting on the shelf

Comment

thanks wes ill use the ztw.85a ill let ya know if i see any magic smoke
                Durafly t-28
                Freewing sbd 5
                Avros seafurry
                freewing A-6 edf
                fms pt17

Comment

One last question. How much did poppa have to sand off the center wing spar? Putting this step off as i left my dremal in my rv over in tx. May have to get another lol the spar i have is so tight it wont go in farther then 2 inches by
                  Durafly t-28
                  Freewing sbd 5
                  Avros seafurry
                  freewing A-6 edf
                  fms pt17

Comment

two problems with my build first is the nylon bolts were too short so had to get some 3 inch bolts second and may not be a problem is if the flaps are full and the aileron that goes down will jam against the flap i think that the aileron travel set up in the directions will stop before they touch though
                    Durafly t-28
                    Freewing sbd 5
                    Avros seafurry
                    freewing A-6 edf
                    fms pt17

Comment

The down aileron does not hit the flap after u set the book travel spec. Love this plane. Iam getting out of the foamies and buying nexa (VQ). The size is nice and can fit into small cars with wings off. So far i have the tiger moth and p47
                      Durafly t-28
                      Freewing sbd 5
                      Avros seafurry
                      freewing A-6 edf
                      fms pt17

Comment

Working...
                      X