Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks for the build thread. Where did you source your motor from? Thanks!

Comment

jseese, Wesley my son, ordered the power system off of Horizon Hobby. This system is off of the FMS 1700mm Corsair. I understand it is no longer in production. You my want to call Horizon and see if they will be providing parts going forward. This motor is the same for the P-51 FMS 1700mm. Check the numbers and see if they are the same. Hope this helps. Papa. P.S. If you kick on the picture of the power system, it will enlarge and show you the parts numbers up close.

Comment

Thanks for posting some great resources MerryBoozers (build pics and video).

I'm seriously considering building this bird. Just a couple of questions if you don't mind. I am assuming the one piece wing can be removed for transport? (I only have a small car). I have a power system from a 1600mm spitfire. I'm thinking that would work well on 6S in this bird. What do you think?

Comment

Originally posted by Gremlin View Post
          Thanks for posting some great resources MerryBoozers (build pics and video).

I'm seriously considering building this bird. Just a couple of questions if you don't mind. I am assuming the one piece wing can be removed for transport? (I only have a small car). I have a power system from a 1600mm spitfire. I'm thinking that would work well on 6S in this bird. What do you think?
          Yes the wing definitely come off and I think that poer system would work although the prop spinner combo might look funky from the spitfire

Comment

blew up the pics and got the freewing servo part number..so ordered the 4 from motion and the two hitecs now everything is ordered except the esc...what ya think of a 85a ztw esc for the 6 s set up?

Comment

Originally posted by Ron1950 View Post
              blew up the pics and got the freewing servo part number..so ordered the 4 from motion and the two hitecs now everything is ordered except the esc...what ya think of a 85a ztw esc for the 6 s set up?
              The 85amp will probably work I only used the 100 because I had one sitting on the shelf

Comment

thanks wes ill use the ztw.85a ill let ya know if i see any magic smoke

Comment

One last question. How much did poppa have to sand off the center wing spar? Putting this step off as i left my dremal in my rv over in tx. May have to get another lol the spar i have is so tight it wont go in farther then 2 inches by

Comment

two problems with my build first is the nylon bolts were too short so had to get some 3 inch bolts second and may not be a problem is if the flaps are full and the aileron that goes down will jam against the flap i think that the aileron travel set up in the directions will stop before they touch though

Comment

The down aileron does not hit the flap after u set the book travel spec. Love this plane. Iam getting out of the foamies and buying nexa (VQ). The size is nice and can fit into small cars with wings off. So far i have the tiger moth and p47

Comment

Guys, just a short note from old Papa Boozer, if you have not looked at the maiden and performance of this plane, do so. I really think we got this one right, specially the power system. As shown we used the old FMS corsair power system. There is a new model of the plane, I would check out and compare to see how close a match, the old system is to the new. Could be the answer for your assemble. I have not done so, and cannot recommend at this time. Just a thought.

Comment

Originally posted by Merry Boozer RC View Post
                          For those of you that had been following this thread I wanted to share the maiden flight. We where vary impressed with this plane and the performance was excellent after actually assembling and flying the model this truly gets the boozer stamp of approval. Also FYI I was not payed or provided any part of this model so this review is unbiased and as truthful as it can be. We truly wanted this model enough to pay for it in full to review it. Great job Motionrc I’m excited to see where the Nexa line goes in the future.
                          I've watched this video 4 or 5 times and I did subscribe. I have a P-47 Nexa and I want to install a 4 Blade Prop hub and spinner. I bought the plane and 4 blades from Motion RC but can't find a hub and Spinner. Could Pappa please tell me where He bought His at. (Love the show)
                          Last edited by JB Shumard; Jan 27, 2021, 06:21 PM. Reason: left out my I.D. Johnny Crash, john_shumard@yahoo.com

Comment

jb poppa boozer used the fms 1700mm corsair motor and prop u can get them from horizon tru turn sells different motor shafts for some electric motors that dont have the hex on the shaft and has the scale looking hub u just have to know the shaft thread size the admerial motors shaft uses a 8.125 thread the fms 5060 is a 10mm shaft that u can use the corsair hub on

Comment

Originally posted by Papa Boozer/Dots View Post
                              Mounting the Eight Fifty Cals & Decals (Day 6) So many decals, makes this bird a real eye Catcher. Instructions are really detailed on where to place the peal and stick decals. Guns are also provided in kit. She wouldn't be a Thunderbolt without the (8) 50's. Guys, I try to give you more angles of this bird, I like her a lot. Hope you do too! Thank again, to Motion RC for making this NEXA bird available to use balsa lovers. if you like this assembly thread, please leave a comment. This will give this old man energy to do another. Papa quote: " Fair skies and soft landing until we see each other again."
                              Hello Popa, Your aircraft looks fantastic. I just purchased the same ARF P-38. I hope I can use some of your techniques to complete her! Thank you, for the thread. Cheers!

Comment

I just got this plane. I decided to go with the FMS 5060-300kv motor, but since the FMS prop wasn't in stock I decided to go with the Flightline Corsair 18x12 3 blade prop. Does anyone know if this combination of prop and motor will be okay? The FMS Corsair says it had an 18x11 4 blade prop, so I figured it couldn't hurt to go to a 18x12 3 blade. I am planning on testing it with a watt meter.

Comment

Originally posted by AndrewF View Post
                                  I just got this plane. I decided to go with the FMS 5060-300kv motor, but since the FMS prop wasn't in stock I decided to go with the Flightline Corsair 18x12 3 blade prop. Does anyone know if this combination of prop and motor will be okay? The FMS Corsair says it had an 18x11 4 blade prop, so I figured it couldn't hurt to go to a 18x12 3 blade. I am planning on testing it with a watt meter.
                                  Yes the FMS 300kv motor and flight line prop are a safe combination. You will actually see better speed / performance with this combination. The amp draw will go down slightly as well.

This setup is actually my preference for the plane. The 4 blade prop from FMS looks great but both the 3 and 4 blade are scale setup's and give a true to life look.

Comment

Originally posted by 406PIlot View Post

Yes the FMS 300kv motor and flight line prop are a safe combination. You will actually see better speed / performance with this combination. The amp draw will go down slightly as well.

This setup is actually my preference for the plane. The 4 blade prop from FMS looks great but both the 3 and 4 blade are scale setup's and give a true to life look.
                                    Awesome, that’s good to hear. I didn’t think it would be too risky, just wanted to double check and see if anyone else had done it. How is the clearance from the prop to the ground when the tail lifts off during take off?

Comment

Originally posted by AndrewF View Post
                                      You'll be fine
                                      First the "old" v3 Corsair blade is a 17 dia prop
                                      Second the standard "rule of thumb" criteria is met with the pitch/blade change on the dia change.
                                      I used the same FMS motor and FL prop set up that you are inquiring about on my Eflite CZ T-28 with an FMS 85A ESC
                                      The watt meter readings were as follows: 1597Wp and 78.1Ap
                                      These numbers made the Trojan at 3/4 throttle to be able to keep pace when the other pilots with stock power in their CZ Trojans were at wide open throttle
                                      I had to hog out the hex on the FL hub to match up with the FMS prop adapter which was about a 15 min easy task.
                                      Warbird Charlie
                                      HSD Skyraider FlightLine OV-10 FMS 1400: P-40B, P-51, F4U, F6F, T-28, P-40E, Pitts, 1700 F4U & F7F, FOX glider Freewing A-6, T-33, P-51 Dynam ME-262, Waco TF Giant P-47; ESM F7F-3 LX PBJ-1 EFL CZ T-28, C-150, 1500 P-51 & FW-190

Comment

Originally posted by OV10 View Post

You'll be fine
                                        First the "old" v3 Corsair blade is a 17 dia prop
                                        Second the standard "rule of thumb" criteria is met with the pitch/blade change on the dia change.
                                        I used the same FMS motor and FL prop set up that you are inquiring about on my Eflite CZ T-28 with an FMS 85A ESC
                                        The watt meter readings were as follows: 1597Wp and 78.1Ap
                                        These numbers made the Trojan at 3/4 throttle to be able to keep pace when the other pilots with stock power in their CZ Trojans were at wide open throttle
                                        I had to hog out the hex on the FL hub to match up with the FMS prop adapter which was about a 15 min easy task.
                                        Thanks for the info!

Comment

ov 10 tru turn makes a prop shaft for the fms 5060 without the fms hex just thought id let ya know for the future

Comment

Working...
                                          X