X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ron1950 View Post
    ov 10 tru turn makes a prop shaft for the fms 5060 without the fms hex just thought id let ya know for the future
    Appreciate that Ron
    Warbird Charlie
    HSD Skyraider FlightLine OV-10 FMS 1400: P-40B, P-51, F4U, F6F, T-28, P-40E, Pitts, 1700 F4U & F7F, FOX glider Freewing A-6, T-33, P-51 Dynam ME-262, Waco TF Giant P-47; ESM F7F-3 LX PBJ-1 EFL CZ T-28, C-150, 1500 P-51 & FW-190

Comment

Guys, I am so excited about all the interest that has generated buy this thread. I hope everyone has success with their projects. Please keep going by the Merry Boozer Channel for more of this type of assemblies. Papa

Comment

Originally posted by Papa Boozer/Dots View Post
        Guys, I am so excited about all the interest that has generated buy this thread. I hope everyone has success with their projects. Please keep going by the Merry Boozer Channel for more of this type of assemblies. Papa
        hey papa, what kind of flight times were you guys getting on the 5,000 MAH pack?

Comment

iam useing the same set up you boozers used hope it all flys the same

Comment

Originally posted by Ron1950 View Post
            iam useing the same set up you boozers used hope it all flys the same
            It will. Nice airplane. I just received mine today. Are you going to post photos of your build?

Comment

I watched the channel. You both kept talking over each other so it was difficult to keep up. I live in Idaho, we always allow others to finish what they are saying. I know, you both have great skills. Maybe, I'm just too old-fashioned.

Comment

Assembly photos:
                That is the strangest adjustment point I've ever seen. I have a much finer way of mounting an electric motor.

Comment

ESC, Receiver, Battery & servo Leads Install (Day 5) Last of the assembly and the heart of the bird. Mounted the ESC (100amp) under the motor, on tray provided by manufacturer. Mounted receiver in front of elevator and rudder servos. This bird will be using a 6S 5000mah battery, plenty of room as you can see. This is not what the manufacturer recommends, Recommend 4S power, but as explained earlier, want more scale on prop size. We should not be lacking on power to fly this bird, and maybe long flight times. We are estimating around ten to twelve minutes or longer. Last thoughts from Papa: In all the wood planes I have built or assembled, this plane has been one of the most complete, excellent instruction manual, and least one I have had to redesign. Price is not bad either at $309.00 US. If you like the 1600 or 1700 foamy warbirds, and want to try and assemble your first balsa plane, NEXA models should be your choice. Good luck on your next balsa plane purchase, and I hope this helps answer your questions on what you should expect on assembling your plane. P. S. If you want to see more of these reviews send an e-mail to MOTION RC. Go to THE MERRY BOOZER RC CHANNEL on U-Tube and please subscribe and watch the maiden flight. THANK YOU! Papa, Wesley and Lori Boozer
                  Wow, they really haven't put much thought into the dynamics of this airplane. Way too much...

Comment

Strut and Gear door Assembly (Day Three) Followed assembly instructions, have no changes to this procedure. First, make sure to dry fit these parts before assembly. Use your hobby knife for this, you cannot go back to change if you do this wrong! Another tip, make sure that you are putting things correct for the right gear and left. You can get the parts backwards. The wheels come in tan, so if you do not like to paint, you can use sharpies in back and silver. Also, use your silver sharpie to paint strut attachments. Make sure strut attachments are free to travel up and down. I would recommend using a little tow in with the wheels. This will make her track straight down the runway. Wing is complete, on to the fuselage! So far no bad things to report, just using common sense where needed, and think before you assembly. All the building is done for you guys, she is a beauty.
                    Some really great ideas here for a more scale appearance. Thank you, Papa!

Comment

Bottom Cover Install (Day 5) This is straight forward as the instruction show. Cut holes for wing mounting bolts. Start with a bit ended with the Dremel tool. Lay the cover in position and mark mounting holes with a marker. Drill holes to install screws. The assembly is done, other than a few small things, like bomb, engine exhaust, machine guns, etc. We are on the way to installing the electronics. I also, thought this would be a good time to show all the tools that was used on this assembly.
                      Super. We just have to work on some of the spelling errors in the sentences. (like Bomb), should be, Like Bombs. Straightforward is one word in this sentence. Sorry, I'm anal when it comes to being correct. Besides, I cannot stand a social media platform. I always enjoy face-to-face conversations. I still made 3 errors. Do any English teachers out there want to quote?

Comment

Hello Papa Boozer 🙂

I have a question…

I bought the FMS 17x10 4 Blade propeller and would like to buy the matching spinner.
                        can I use the Spinner V3? does it fit?

Comment

Originally posted by Manuel89 View Post
                          Hello Papa Boozer 🙂

I have a question…

I bought the FMS 17x10 4 Blade propeller and would like to buy the matching spinner.
                          can I use the Spinner V3? does it fit?
                          Hello Manuel89 and welcome to the Squawk,

The V3 uses the same motor prop shaft and motor as the V2 so the spinner has the same threading, just a blue color instead of the old silver.
                          However, the V3 hub is different from the V2 whereas the 2 hole spacing on the V2 prop blade "may be" different than the V3.
                          I have the V2 bird along with extra hubs and the prop hole spacing "looks to be the same" as the V3.
                          Regards,
                          Warbird Charlie
                          HSD Skyraider FlightLine OV-10 FMS 1400: P-40B, P-51, F4U, F6F, T-28, P-40E, Pitts, 1700 F4U & F7F, FOX glider Freewing A-6, T-33, P-51 Dynam ME-262, Waco TF Giant P-47; ESM F7F-3 LX PBJ-1 EFL CZ T-28, C-150, 1500 P-51 & FW-190

Comment

Originally posted by OV10 View Post

Hello Manuel89 and welcome to the Squawk,

The V3 uses the same motor prop shaft and motor as the V2 so the spinner has the same threading, just a blue color instead of the old silver.
                            However, the V3 hub is different from the V2 whereas the 2 hole spacing on the V2 prop blade "may be" different than the V3.
                            I have the V2 bird along with extra hubs and the prop hole spacing "looks to be the same" as the V3.
                            Regards,
                            thank you so much 🙏🏼🙃

Comment

Hello there. This is my first VQ model with lots of decals provided. From the looks of it, I have to cut the decal from the sheet and apply straight to the model, is this correct? The sheets appear to be adhesive sheets, not water slide decals.

Comment

Hello, my dears,
                                I fly the model and i like it !:)

unfortunately my Predator 5060-360kv motor broke. which engine can you recommend me for the model? for 6s.
                                HACKER A50-16 S V4 ?

Comment

Or can i use This Motor ?

Comment

u can use that motor but it will be underpowered id go at least 400k and if possable id go 500 kv but seems hard to find that size motor i used a fms 360kv motor and its no speed deamon
                                    (2) Nexa p47 - YouTube

Comment

I ended up going with Hitec HS-85BB High Torque Micro Servo for the flap servos and for the rudder, elevator, and ailerons I went with Hitec HS-485HB Deluxe Ball Bearing Karbonite Gear Standard Servo will the bigger aileron servos work?

Comment

Anyone flying this with a dle 20 side exhaust?
                                        I ask because I have a kit built top flite zero that I’m flying with a dle 20 but the plane is really tired. Looking for a new home for all its guts.
                                        thanks

Comment

• Originally posted by Papa Boozer/Dots View Post
                                          Completed first assembly of motor to firewall. Papa's suggestions, Balsa planes take more time to assembly, use common sense, take your time and follow the instruction manual. I did not deviate or change anything that the instructions said to do. When cutting holes in plywood use that common sense and start with a small bit and work up, this will keep you from splinter out the back side. Also, when using bolts, washers and nuts, do not over titan. A good rule of thumb, sink the washers into the wood and stop. Motor thrust on balk head is already built in at factory, so all you do is measure to clear motor cowl. This will vary depending on motor size. Pictures WILL follow instructions per manual.
                                          Additional drilling “wood” tip.. once you’ve made your first smaller hole.. then as you graduate up in bit sizes, flip your drill into reverse as you drill.. I know that sounds nuts.. but it really works and almost 100% no chip out issues.

Comment

Working...
                                          X