X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Larger EPO

Any chance of FlightLine doing any larger aircraft, more along the 2000mm size like the LX P-40? Would sure make ground handling a lot easier for those of us with flying clubs on grass. I have the Corsair, P-38, Mig-21 and the SU-35, and I've thought since day 1 the 38 enlarged a touch would really improve it. A little lighter wingloading for slower landing speed and more room inside would go a long way on that one. An existing power system for the 1600 Corsair / Spitfire would probably do the job there, also. FlightLine makes such quality products, I'd be more than willing to shell out the extra for a larger product of that quality.

Love the idea ! I have a 82” foam kit cut from Bryan Taylor Corsair plans . I may get to it this winter and I hope it will motivate some ARF company to make a large warbird ! I have two of the LX P40ties, great flying planes

Comment

Slowly but surely have been selectively rebuilding the fleet into a larger scale format.
      A 2000 FL P-38 would be the ticket on the 1600 replacement and agree with eness76 that the 1600 Corsair/Spitty powerplants would be a great foundation.
      I also need a Hellcat since there really is no viable one available
      Warbird Charlie
      HSD Skyraider FlightLine OV-10 FMS 1400: P-40B, P-51, F4U, F6F, T-28, P-40E, Pitts, 1700 F4U & F7F, FOX glider Freewing A-6, T-33, P-51 Dynam ME-262, Waco TF Giant P-47; ESM F7F-3 LX PBJ-1 EFL CZ T-28, C-150, 1500 P-51 & FW-190

Comment

I agree with OV10 for a larger P-38. Now that the old VQ models are coming in under Nexa, maybe put the "Alpha" touch on their P-38 would be the ticket. Better prep work, before covering, would need to be done as well.

The rough wood grain and sanding dust under the covering takes a bit away. For the budget pricepoint models, it can be lived with. But, higher pricepoint models should be better. Black Horse prep work is pretty good.

Comment

Originally posted by OV10 View Post
          Slowly but surely have been selectively rebuilding the fleet into a larger scale format.
          A 2000 FL P-38 would be the ticket on the 1600 replacement and agree with eness76 that the 1600 Corsair/Spitty powerplants would be a great foundation.
          I also need a Hellcat since there really is no viable one available
          if you can give up it being foam, the H-9 F6F is a great airplane.

Comment

Originally posted by tab28682 View Post

if you can give up it being foam, the H-9 F6F is a great airplane.
            hello tab28682
            I am certainly not a foam snob or adverse to balsa airframes but I probably should clarify my use of the word viable.
            The H9 isn't viable because it is missing a key feature...…….flaps, along with no oleo struts.

Not so great in my books, so back to hoping FlightLine does a 1600 size one.
            I wanted to go with the TopFlite bigun but now that has lived a short life and gone away so I'll just have to keep playing with the 1400 FMS until it's expiration date arrives.
            Warbird Charlie
            HSD Skyraider FlightLine OV-10 FMS 1400: P-40B, P-51, F4U, F6F, T-28, P-40E, Pitts, 1700 F4U & F7F, FOX glider Freewing A-6, T-33, P-51 Dynam ME-262, Waco TF Giant P-47; ESM F7F-3 LX PBJ-1 EFL CZ T-28, C-150, 1500 P-51 & FW-190

Comment

Originally posted by OV10 View Post

hello tab28682
              I am certainly not a foam snob or adverse to balsa airframes but I probably should clarify my use of the word viable.
              The H9 isn't viable because it is missing a key feature...…….flaps, along with no oleo struts.

Not so great in my books, so back to hoping FlightLine does a 1600 size one.
              I wanted to go with the TopFlite bigun but now that has lived a short life and gone away so I'll just have to keep playing with the 1400 FMS until it's expiration date arrives.
              Not that hard to add oleo struts, and I have seen flaps added before. Only other significant shortcoming Is the flat plate tail surfaces.

Comment

Over on another forum, Chad Veich was going to do a flap mod on the H9 Hellcat. Don't know that he got around to it tho. Honestly, they really aren't needed, the plane lands well without them. Oleos are available, I got them for mine. Not a big fan of wire gear struts.

Comment

Flaps are not needed on many of the models however for some reason it really bugs me lol !
                  I have added flaps , counter balances, interiors, functional struts, ect .
                  I am not sure why its so difficult to add a few more elements to ARFs when so many nonsense details are added.
                  I know that EPO with the exception of the Giant Scale products from H9, VQ and Top Flight, epo exceeds most of the details seen on wood ARFs .
                  Personally I never look at a model by material unless the foam is so bad that its a negative.
                  I think as far as Hanger 9 /Horizon , they are now owned by an IPO firm and models will be all about bottom line. Just look at the T28 re-release , no changes, no mods, just put it back in the market.

Comment

Working...
                  X