X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FMS P40B 980mm Built Right?

My wife got me this plane and the parts don't match the instructions, as far as I can tell. I would like to know if I put these linkages together correctly. Did I orient them the right way and does it matter? I am new to this and the instructions aren't helping or I am missing parts.

Me thinks you might have the rods reversed

Comment

They might work but it seems that the clevis are not screwed in enough flaps only require travel down

Comment

Originally posted by Johnnyrabuse View Post
        They might work but it seems that the clevis are not screwed in enough flaps only require travel down
        The servo arm is all the way back and the flaps are straight with the wing. If I screw in the clevis more the flaps will always be down to some degree. Am I seeing this wrong?

Comment

Originally posted by Hatredy View Post

The servo arm is all the way back and the flaps are straight with the wing. If I screw in the clevis more the flaps will always be down to some degree. Am I seeing this wrong?
          There's nothing wrong with the way your control rods are set up. The rods are in line with the servo arm and the control horn and the flap servo arm is in the right position.

Comment

Hi, do you have short aileron rods and longer flap rods in the box?? If not and they're all short I would use half of the flap travel like Boomer mentioned.

Comment

Originally posted by boomer108 View Post

There's nothing wrong with the way your control rods are set up. The rods are in line with the servo arm and the control horn and the flap servo arm is in the right position.
              I helped this plane in its final development several years back when it was first released. Boomer is right, your control rod setup is correct for that model. The Aileron control rods are perpendicular to the wing as shown in your photo, to give you equal amount of aileron throw (travel) both forward (aileron goes down) and aft (aileron goes up). Meanwhile, your Flap control rods are pointed aft in their neutral position as shown in your photo, to give you the greatest amount of throw (travel) as the flaps go down.

You mentioned you got this as a gift... I just want to ask if this is your first RC airplane? I hope not. It generally lacks the qualities of a good first airplane. Wing loading, undercarriage type, size/speed, etc. If you've flown at least another foam electric airplane before, I'd say this one is a good second or third plane.
              Live Q&A every Tuesday and Friday at 9pm EST on my Twitch Livestream

Live chat with me and other RC Nuts on my Discord

Camp my Instagram @Alpha.Makes

Comment

Originally posted by Alpha View Post

You mentioned you got this as a gift... I just want to ask if this is your first RC airplane? I hope not. It generally lacks the qualities of a good first airplane. Wing loading, undercarriage type, size/speed, etc. If you've flown at least another foam electric airplane before, I'd say this one is a good second or third plane.
                I had another small trainer plane but not much time with it. I pointed out to my wife that it said expert on the side and she said you'll figure it out, lol. So far, I have been logging time in RF9 but I can feel the physics isn't great in it. For the receiver, it's going to be an AR637T. Hopefully, that will help but I don't mind crashing, then I'll have an excuse to get another.

Thanks for the feedback everyone.

Comment

Working...
                X