Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Official Nexa 1730mm A-26 Invader Discussion Thread

Nexa A-26 Invader Camo 1730mm (68") Wingspan - ARF

Click image for larger version  Name:	mastera.jpg Views:	1 Size:	198.9 KB ID:	280616

The Douglas A-26 Invader (designated B-26 between 1948 and 1965) is an American twin-engined light bomber and ground attack aircraft. Built by Douglas Aircraft Company during World War II, the Invader also saw service during several major Cold War conflicts. A limited number of highly modified United States Air Force aircraft served in Southeast Asia until 1969. It was a fast aircraft capable of carrying a large bomb load. A range of guns could be fitted to produce a formidable ground-attack aircraft.

The Nexa A-26 Invader is a 68" wingspan electric or gas option scale series warbird, constructed primarily from balsa wood and covered with a fuel-resistant covering. This ARF requires assembly and installation of your choice of servos and power system, and includes painted pilot, tanks, antenna and other scale details. The large battery hatch affords ample room for either electric or gas setups. To complete the scale appeal of this A-26, the model includes electric retracts and scale struts. Impress at your flying field with this iconic stunner!

Visit the Official Nexa A-26 Invader 1730mm ARF Product Page here: https://www.motionrc.com/products/ne...amo-1730mm-arf
    Fully Covered and Detailed

The Nexa A-26 Invader comes fully covered including simulated panel lines, rivets, nomenclature and weathering detail.
    Scale Details Throughout

There is no shortage of scale details with this A-26 including fuel tanks, antenna, machine guns, painted pilot, electric retracts and metal main struts.
    Prehinged and Installed Control Surfaces

All control surfaces come out of the box fully prehinged and installed for your convenience.
    Impressive Size

To add to the array of scale detail, the Nexa A-26 comes with a nearly 70" wingspan.
    FEATURES:
    • Complete Balsa and lite-ply construction for rigidity and durability
    • Covered from tip to tail in scale details including weathering, printed simulated panel lines and rivets
    • Fiberglass cowlings for strength and durability
    • The hand-painted pilot is ready for your added cockpit details
    • All control surfaces come out of the box pre-hinged and installed for convenience
    • Tanks, antenna, guns and more complete the fantastic scale appeal
    • Large battery hatch allows for your chosen electric or gas setup
    INCLUDES:
    • Nexa A-26 Invader Camo 1730mm (68") Wingspan - ARF
    • Electric retracts, wheels and struts
    • Fuel tank, hardware and servo trays

I am excited about this one guys! Added 8 new Nexa models today with a few more coming soon too.

Comment

It's great to have some more Nexa and Black Horse choices. Way to go Motion RC!

Comment

My uncle flew one of these in the Philippines and I've always thought I'd build one. This looks like a good candidate based on size and cost. I took a look at the manual and came up with a few questions: How are the wings attached and made for convenient removal? Will the motor/esc handle a 3blade prop? Are the struts oleo type?

Comment

Looking at buying one of these, but having a look through the manual for the life of me I can't see how the gear doors work.
          Also why don't they supply the 4 balsa blocks and springs ?
          Would also like to run 3 bladed props ( but what size ) maybe have to also run bigger motors.
          Will be interesting to see what people think when building this

Comment

Three years ago, I found one of these from gas-only days, NIB, and did the conversion to electric power and electric retracts. I used the "high performance" motors that MRC sells for the P-38 and F7F Tigercat, with the largest Master Airscrew 3-blade props that would clear the fuselage. The retracts are those sold for the P-38, but they are a little marginal. The struts are the upgrade aluminum P-38 struts with Robart scale wheels. This is a very nice flying model, although I do miss flaps when landing, which would surely slow it down a lot, That says, it always flares nicely.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2389.JPG
Views:	1118
Size:	91.8 KB
ID:	286970Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2388.JPG
Views:	1052
Size:	76.1 KB
ID:	286972Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2390.JPG
Views:	1058
Size:	134.7 KB
ID:	286971

Comment

Echoing some of the comments from above - yes, the manual is somewhat sparse in some areas. Very nice model, well constructed, nicely finished. But I had a couple of areas that needed work -
              1. The nose gear push rod pretty much needs to be on the side shown in the manual. It was installed on the opposite side
              2. The main gear is a very tight fit into the nacelles - I had to reposition the gear before completing the nacelle installation - just needed to move aft a bit and rotate a couple of degrees, so clamping them on the mounting frames before drilling new holes while checking retraction. Also, one of the main gear wheel was tracking off several degrees, so had to adjust the set screw flat in the strut.
              3. Yes, the nose gear door closing setup is a bit tricky. Would really be nice to at least include the springs. I used the lightest springs I could find - from ball point pens. I found that the gear doors do not clear the nose wheel, so made a cutout for them. The door closing string needs to be positioned pretty carefully so it doesn't start closing the doors until the gear is almost fully retracted.
              4. Batteries mount in the forward part of the fuselage, just behind the cockpit, so the servos needed to go to the aft installation slot
              5. Weight came in at just over 10 lb, pretty hefty.
              Andy

Comment

Picked one of these up at a club meeting auction not too long ago. Pre-rebrand, VQ all over the box, but it's the same damn airplane. Gonna put a couple Saito 40s on mine. Fingers crossed I have it built within a month or so!

Came with electric retracts, too.

Comment

Working...
                X