Clear All

With the flaps.

Click image for larger version

Name:	SmartSelect_20210129-112802_Firefox.jpg
Views:	1007
Size:	107.6 KB
ID:	296891

Comment

I am almost done with my Dauntless. A few more details to paint, some servo extensions and check the CG. After that it will be a matter of programming the radio. Later I will add a Shockwave 3 sound system. It is a big bird! The wing fit perfectly. Aside from a few minor things that I had to "re-engineer", it went together well. No complaints.

Click image for larger version  Name:	20210131_205748_copy_1612x1209.jpg Views:	0 Size:	151.6 KB ID:	297981
      Click image for larger version  Name:	20210131_205720_copy_1612x1209.jpg Views:	0 Size:	149.6 KB ID:	297982
      Click image for larger version  Name:	20210131_205658_copy_1612x1209.jpg Views:	0 Size:	179.3 KB ID:	297983

Comment

Looks great.

Comment

Looking good. I'm tempted.

Mike
          \"When Inverted Down Is Up And Up Is Expensive\"

Comment

Looks like you shortened the gear doors! Is that more scale? What did you use for the exhausts through the cowl? Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by Comer View Post
              Looks like you shortened the gear doors! Is that more scale? What did you use for the exhausts through the cowl? Thanks
              I did shorten the gear doors because as they have you mount them the wheels would contact them under full compression of the struts. For now they will do. I may change them later to be more proper. Longer and hinged to the wing. As for the exhausts I designed and 3D printed them with a flange to glue to the inside of the cowl. Simple. Nothing fancy. The flaps/dive brakes really stand out with all those holes and red interiors.

Name:	20210205_121718_copy_1612x1209.jpg
Views:	1004
Size:	174.9 KB
ID:	298052

Name:	20210205_121823_copy_1612x1209.jpg
Views:	984
Size:	171.4 KB
ID:	298053

Name:	20210205_121833_copy_1612x1209.jpg
Views:	927
Size:	173.3 KB
ID:	298054

Comment

I have already attached those doors and painted them green on the interior and put the film on the outside etc... and you are right - they are going to come off on the first landing --- super cool on the exhaust - 3d printing is way over my pay grade - would send photos of mine but yours is way better - thanks

Comment

Nice submarines!

Comment

Originally posted by SanExup View Post
                    Nice submarines!
                    Thank you. Just one of my many RC hobby interests.

My Dauntless is completely ready for a maiden. It CG'd perfectly with two Admiral 4S 6000 Pros. Granted, I also have a 4" speaker in the nose, a 3D printed dummy radial engine and an 18 x 12 three blade prop on it. Came in at 17.6 lbs AUW. The edge trim that is provided in the kit and intended to be opened up and glued flat to the seams between the center wing section and outer sections was a wasted effort. At least I could not figure it out so I will resort to an alternate method.

Comment

All done.

Name:	20210210_120207_copy_1612x1209.jpg
Views:	954
Size:	134.0 KB
ID:	298811

Comment

what ??? not a working tail hook? your slipping buddy...you do some good work man...i need some of your talent...

Comment

How did she fly?

Comment

Im new here and need a little ok a lot of help. Has anyone programmed an ix20 using a spektrum ar20310 reciever..
                            im putting every servo on it's own channel so I can fine tune things in the radio if needed.

I thought I had a working program but now I can't get the flaps and brakes together.
                            I had this flying on a dx9 using y harnesses but any small adjustment needed to be done mechanically so I went to the 20 thinking it would be easier to adjust in radio. But that ain't working out so far

Comment

Originally posted by Sbuchho345 View Post
                              Im new here and need a little ok a lot of help. Has anyone programmed an ix20 using a spektrum ar20310 reciever..
                              im putting every servo on it's own channel so I can fine tune things in the radio if needed.

I thought I had a working program but now I can't get the flaps and brakes together.
                              I had this flying on a dx9 using y harnesses but any small adjustment needed to be done mechanically so I went to the 20 thinking it would be easier to adjust in radio. But that ain't working out so far
                              I wish I could help you with the IX20, but I never had nor seen one up close. But did you recover this model or just paint over it? Looks gorgeous

Comment

The covering is the factory covering. I did however do all the weathering using shades of pastels I grind up in an old coffee grinder from goodwill. After grinding the pastel is about like talcum powder. I use an egg carton to hold the different colors. And use one or two spots in the carton to mix colors. After I put down a shade I shoot a flat clear to hold it in place and just repeat for each shade starting from lightest to darkest. I just use an assortment of brushes that vary in width and stiffness.

Comment

Where is everyone finding the best CG point to be on this plane?

Comment

6.25 inches back from left and both mine fly great

Comment

I may have to get me one of these. I bet fpv in this bird would be tons of fun. Have a rear seater sitting backwards, a buddy with an FPV zero on the tail having the gunner aiming the guns at the zero while I evade. I think it is a must do! have the gunner control the gun and have his own pan and tilt head tracking camera. Wouldn't that be epic!

Comment

just got my kit and it is a awesome bird. I am a little disappointed in the instruction book as they devoted more pages to building the bomb than to items I feel need more instructions, I'm sure I will be posting questions when I get into the build but all in all love this plane.

Comment

Flew mine this weekend - great plane - but way too much play in the flaps and airbrakes when installed with the provided hardware - looking for some high quality low profile control horns that will fit inside the current structure and remain hidden like the current ones as it would be shame to run the control arms on the outside - any suggestions - thanks

Comment

Working...
                                          X