Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Love to see some video of this beast flying Matt. Or anybody else for that matter….especially with the stock electric setup.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	ADA71353-A610-47B5-99CD-947A15DB33CC.jpeg
Views:	666
Size:	96.3 KB
ID:	332655Click image for larger version

Name:	278236B3-2AC2-4274-ABE6-F9DB81222A35.jpeg
Views:	680
Size:	78.7 KB
ID:	332654 Has anybody discovered the slot for the antenna that plugs in front left of the canopy? I have not Ben able to find it. I sanded tapers into the plywood piece that comes with the kit and put the first coat of midnight blue spray paint. Great match by the way.

Comment

Name:	A19230C6-9770-492B-87BD-0B34EAA7011F.jpeg
Views:	668
Size:	89.4 KB
ID:	334377 At last, some progress. Got the little tail piece attached today. Thought I would have more time to work on the plane with this snowy weather but life got in the way.

Comment

Name:	B4232304-EBE0-42DF-89BC-B57913A0D9BC.jpeg
Views:	640
Size:	114.6 KB
ID:	334578 Ok. Piece number one heated and formed to wing and then painted. Gluing is next.

Comment

Name:	C924AFE0-CAC2-4253-842F-1DD3EBC8A59D.jpeg
Views:	593
Size:	87.3 KB
ID:	335132Click image for larger version

Name:	E6B81EFA-02A5-482F-BEB1-63F63291AB99.jpeg
Views:	604
Size:	102.6 KB
ID:	335133 Ok, here’s the new Robert tires. 3 3/4”. Had to drill out the supplied centers a bit but they worked out OK

Comment

This is a beautiful bird, always wanted a Dauntless. I found one NIB for $500 and jumped on it. Will it be worth it?

Comment

Welcome to the group. Let us know how your doing.

Comment

Hey, anybody doing 3D printed bomb and carriage parts? Also, don’t see any indentation for the antenna.

Comment

I'm sure this will be one of those "duh" questions, but I'm putting this bird together now and I see no way for the servo wires from the wings to run up through the top of the main wing section into the fuselage. Just cut a hole in the center? What am I missing? This manual is not detailed enough.........

Comment

Originally posted by Doss6504 View Post
                      I'm sure this will be one of those "duh" questions, but I'm putting this bird together now and I see no way for the servo wires from the wings to run up through the top of the main wing section into the fuselage. Just cut a hole in the center? What am I missing? This manual is not detailed enough.........
                      I mean, how else would you get the wires into the fuselage without seeing them? Yes, you will have to cut little holes in the top of the wing that will hide under the fuselage so they can run into the battery hatch to then attach them to your receiver.

Comment

I haven't done anything with the gear doors yet Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1874 (2).jpg
Views:	508
Size:	117.1 KB
ID:	341427Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1873 (2).jpg
Views:	498
Size:	116.0 KB
ID:	341428 but I did fill in the gear attachment slots with some balsa and some covering to make it a little less noticeable.

Comment

I haven't done anything with the gear doors yet ​ but I did fill in the gear attachment slots with some balsa and some covering to make it a little less noticeable.

Comment

Does anybody know about decal placement for this plane? Sorry for duplication of previous post.

Comment

Click image for larger version  Name:	8B8D7B1D-DDF3-4A94-ACCF-563408458E66.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	45.3 KB ID:	342462 Ok

Comment

Alright, got the 50 caliber guns and antenna mounted. The supplied guns were ok for the twin 30s but decided to make my own 50s.

Comment

Has anyone flown this plane yet? I've been out of circulation for quite awhile.

Comment

New guy here.. lol you cooks have fine some amazing work on here. I ordered mine today and so ready to get started on it.

Comment

I read that the point of CG is 6 1/4 " back from the L/E This about the center of the wing tube . When i pick up the Plane at this point it falls over it's nose quick . I bought this plane at the Perry swap meet and it has a G-26 Zenoah motor on it . Is there anyone balancing their plane at a different location ? There's some lead weights in the nose and if i can remove some of it it would help some of the weight problem Weighs 18 Lbs

Comment

Working...
                                      X