• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sage words from OV10.
    My YouTube RC videos:
    https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

• OV10 Thank you very much for your wise words! You don’t want to end up in an unrecoverable stall due to a tail heavy aircraft. Thanks again!

Comment

• Bato79 Hi,

Great videos! Where did you get the servo arms? Looks like a great solution! 👌🏻

Best regards,
        Stan

Comment

• Originally posted by StanBr View Post
          Bato79 Hi,

Great videos! Where did you get the servo arms? Looks like a great solution! 👌🏻

Best regards,
          Stan
          Thanks. The servo arms are from lanxiang / banana hobby B-25 model...I ordered it from banana hobby spare parts kit long time ago.

Comment

• Fantastic, thanks for your reply! 👍🏻

Originally posted by Bato79 View Post

Thanks. The servo arms are from lanxiang / banana hobby B-25 model...I ordered it from banana hobby spare parts kit long time ago.

Comment

• StanBR, Bato79,

Any flights to report already or flap mods? 😁

Comment

• Question for those with successfull maidens under their belt. How much weight did you end up adding and could you share where you placed it?

Comment

• Click image for larger version

Name:	PICT0013.JPG
Views:	658
Size:	146.0 KB
ID:	314205Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_1486.jpg Views:	3 Size:	137.2 KB ID:	314202
                  Hello

I am French and I own this model P38 VQ from 2004. It's badly damaged. As I'm used to building, this shouldn't be a problem. Question, do you have the editing instructions and/or plans. My Pdf is too small and therefore not readable. Thanks for your contribution and I would regularly post the reconstruction after completing my two-seat 1600mm construction spitfire personally.

Comment

• Welcome to Hobby Squawk GIRARD JEROME ! You can find the latest instructions for this model here:

Hope that helps and good luck!
                    My YouTube RC videos:

Comment

• Originally posted by Aros View Post
                      Welcome to Hobby Squawk GIRARD JEROME ! You can find the latest instructions for this model here:

Thank you very much

Comment

• Not yet!

I disconnected the flap servos for now and will do the maiden without flaps. The flap servos where getting quite hot... 😬

Originally posted by bartje View Post
                        StanBR, Bato79,

Any flights to report already or flap mods? 😁

Comment

• I plan on starting my build this month. What's the general consensus on the wattage output for each motor. Is 2000 watts overkill? I'm planning on running with 6S batteries, hoping to use some of the 6S batteries I already have.

Thanks in advance!

Comment

• Hi Guys,

Finally had my maiden today. The P-38 needed quite some elevator to get airborne but flew rather well. It lacked some power with the 2 x 4S LiPo setup (15 x 10 props) but when you compress the nosewheel there is not much room left for a bigger prop. As saïd in my previous post I disconnected the flaps because of hot servos and the poor flap design. The landing gear is not very strong for a grass strip. On the first landing one of the main gears twisted a bit. Tried to fix it but on the second take off it happened again and the main gear got stuck inside the wheel well. The second landing was on two wheels. Only the prop was damaged. 😅 I.m.h.o. this aircraft needs a lot of TLC and improvements to make it a good and reliable flyer. Not what you expect when you look at the price...

Best regards,
                            Stan

Comment

• Glad your maiden was a success! She's in one piece (well mostly) which is all that matters. Oh yes, this model indeed requires plenty of TLC but once that is out of the way, she really is a nice flyer. I enjoyed all of my flights with her.
                              My YouTube RC videos:

Comment

• Hey guys/gals, how did you connect the flap servos in the center wing? If done as described in the manual, it doesn't work, as when the servo arm moves from the vertical position, it pulls down on the crossbar. This seems like a major flaw to me. Any ideas on a better way?

Comment

• Originally posted by Aros View Post
                                  Welcome to Hobby Squawk GIRARD JEROME ! You can find the latest instructions for this model here:

HelloAros

Some pictures of the progress of the restoration. Have a great weekClick image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3644.JPG
Views:	483
Size:	102.4 KB
ID:	328082

Comment

Name:	IMG_3654.JPG
Views:	481
Size:	112.1 KB
ID:	328084

Comment

Name:	IMG_3911.JPG
Views:	485
Size:	101.7 KB
ID:	328086

Comment

• Nice! It's coming along! Thanks for the pics!
                                        My YouTube RC videos:

Comment

• Any word from Motion when the lightning will be back in stock?

Gonna put two rcgf 10 cc re stingers in, spoke with Glen there, He'll set them up for scale rotation. 1.9 hp at 12k rpm..potential for nearly 4 hp

Comment

Working...
                                          X