Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just got word through the HH "chat line" that the Fw-190 PNP version will be here in one to two weeks. BTW, I'll be selling the Avian 100A esc out of the 190 for $75 as soon as it gets here and I can pull it out, if anyone is interested.

Comment

Received mine today. Haven't cracked open the box yet though. Will repaint it before the maiden.
      ---
      Warbirder

Comment

Mine is MIA in Mississippi somewhere

Comment

Just ordered mine yesterday. It definitely needs a paint job, but it's going in the air first. I learned my lesson years ago.

Comment

Originally posted by Oxotnik View Post
            Received mine today. Haven't cracked open the box yet though. Will repaint it before the maiden.
            This is the Nowotny JG 54 livery that I've decided to do. Luckily, the wing and horizontal stab colors look to be pretty close. So, I'll probably only repaint the fuselage. and vertical stab.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Nowotny-Summer-Weiss-5.png
Views:	591
Size:	408.9 KB
ID:	299045
            ---
            Warbirder

Comment

OK... I am in.... I had the P-51 snd sold to a friend.... I miss it now... I think Eflite produced a bit of subject matter severely lacking the last few years. I am not interested in any of the SPEKTRUM Telemetry as I fly Jeti and the telemetry organic to Jeti does not require a propriatary battery to function. I am sucker for repainting and weathering. The pilot needs to go as well, will be replacing him with the ACES OF IRON German pilot. Hats off to all those producing flight vids.... as this is one of the key things that sold me "THE PERFORMANCE ".... Especially jazzed about the attention paid to the scale fidelity and structural integrity of the mains. UM.... When is the NEXT FLIGHTLINE RELEASE?????
              Current Hanger: FW, F4.F22,F14, Byron T-6, Top Flite P-47, Top Flite P-40, Top RC P-51 H9 P-51, SebArt Avanti, Yellow aircraft Spitfire, T Jeti Extreme Flight EDGE, DS-24 Carbon,

Comment

Mine came in yesterday... it is a very nice plane. Very, very easy to assemble, feels solid. I like the small details everywhere... even the cockpit. Like everybody else, the only 'con' at the moment is the 'polka dots'. I would say that and the pilot... the fact the put some decent effort into the cockpit with 3D details, but throw the same pilot in that all the companies use. I have the Flightline F4U, and that's a great plane, but this has even a better overall 'feel' to the finish. If I could make simple changes at the factory, would be the polka dots, the pilot, and maybe a couple livery choices that pilot could choose from (like the Freewing A10). A big change... I wish they would have went with 1600 or 1700mm... it still a good size plane! The weather has went to crap here, so between that and work it will be a couple weeks before I get to fly it.

Comment

Name:	66ECDC2E-1D3B-45C1-8448-C1EE5BBF67AA.jpeg
Views:	668
Size:	111.1 KB
ID:	299271Click image for larger version

Name:	18F01CAB-CA4C-4843-873C-ACBB0064B1AE.jpeg
Views:	663
Size:	39.7 KB
ID:	299269Click image for larger version

Name:	8CF64800-458C-4AA2-B23B-9BA2A1462A58.jpeg
Views:	664
Size:	49.6 KB
ID:	299267Click image for larger version

Name:	40830BA3-0C7F-48F2-B197-DAD58D1B7720.jpeg
Views:	652
Size:	45.8 KB
ID:	299268Click image for larger version

Name:	C99DD138-27D5-443F-A8DE-BC6ACBE6990B.jpeg
Views:	680
Size:	39.4 KB
ID:	299266Click image for larger version

Name:	72B5AB67-7552-4823-B621-3B7042EDADC1.jpeg
Views:	662
Size:	63.7 KB
ID:	299273Click image for larger version

Name:	FF80FF1B-AEA0-4EBC-88E8-CFF3EDBBA90F.jpeg
Views:	666
Size:	186.0 KB
ID:	299272Click image for larger version

Name:	C7538894-D679-44B3-9591-11D85B48F307.jpeg
Views:	669
Size:	155.0 KB
ID:	299270 Received mine yesterday. Loving all the little scale details. It even has tyre pressure valves on the wheels. However I will be adding a lot more than that. Definitely deepen the cockpit, replace the pilot, weather inside the cockpit. Then get rid of the polka dots and finish with weathering. Made some progress already.
                  Tolga
                  Instagram: @_t01ga_
                  YouTube: t01ga

Comment

Mine appears to be lost somewhere in AZ, so I stopped by my LHS to look at it. The colors look good, the base maybe a bit too green, but over all good. The polka dots suck
                    graphics appear to be stickers on clear backing. Lots of excellent nomenclature and details. The stickers and the raised rivet details of I'll present challenges to repainting projects.

Simple repaints such as just fixing the polka dots might be possible by masking off the larger decals and blending the dots into something more scale like. The nomenclature might create problems though.

The white on the fuselage is typical eflite bare unpainted foam. I wish they'd invest in a little white paint.

Name:	IMG_20210213_130911_01.jpg
Views:	650
Size:	45.4 KB
ID:	299275Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20210213_130735_01.jpg
Views:	635
Size:	62.9 KB
ID:	299276Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20210213_130617_01.jpg
Views:	632
Size:	41.9 KB
ID:	299277Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20210213_130505_01.jpg
Views:	625
Size:	67.5 KB
ID:	299278Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20210213_130003_01.jpg
Views:	626
Size:	40.2 KB
ID:	299279

Comment

I had ordered one and received it yesterday. The stickers are vinyl and they do peel the paint with removal. I knew I would be repainting it.

The plane looks great I wonder if the landing gear would benefit from some softer springs and tires? I like the look of the wheels, bit every video I've seen of this plane it looks bouncy. Now with my hands on it, the gear springs seem so stiff. It would be great if rebound dampening were available for such small suspension. But since it isn't, I'm thinking foam wheels and potentially altering the spring might help.

One thing I did notice, it feels like the landing gear is the heaviest part of the model.

Comment

Yeah, I'll be repainting the fuselage, adding swastikas, yellow chin and rudder and removing the "Frasca" and "N" numbers. HH should have done so much better with so much reference material available on the 190. I've got the "white 14" sheet from Callie so I plan to remove the stickers from the fuselage, add the green to the upper side and mottling and paint the wheel wells and struts RLM 02. The polka dots suck. Doesn't look like the one they patterned it after at all. Nothing a little time and paint won't fix.

Comment

No hideous polka dots... :-)

Tomorrow, I'll do the dorsal surfaces in RLM 70, then mottling with RLM 74 and 75. Then, a bit of light weathering, and she'll be ready to fly.
                          ---
                          Warbirder

Comment

Originally posted by t01ga View Post
                            Click image for larger version  Name:	66ECDC2E-1D3B-45C1-8448-C1EE5BBF67AA.jpeg Views:	23 Size:	111.1 KB ID:	299271Click image for larger version  Name:	18F01CAB-CA4C-4843-873C-ACBB0064B1AE.jpeg Views:	24 Size:	39.7 KB ID:	299269Click image for larger version  Name:	8CF64800-458C-4AA2-B23B-9BA2A1462A58.jpeg Views:	24 Size:	49.6 KB ID:	299267Click image for larger version  Name:	40830BA3-0C7F-48F2-B197-DAD58D1B7720.jpeg Views:	23 Size:	45.8 KB ID:	299268Click image for larger version  Name:	C99DD138-27D5-443F-A8DE-BC6ACBE6990B.jpeg Views:	28 Size:	39.4 KB ID:	299266Click image for larger version  Name:	72B5AB67-7552-4823-B621-3B7042EDADC1.jpeg Views:	23 Size:	63.7 KB ID:	299273Click image for larger version  Name:	FF80FF1B-AEA0-4EBC-88E8-CFF3EDBBA90F.jpeg Views:	25 Size:	186.0 KB ID:	299272Click image for larger version  Name:	C7538894-D679-44B3-9591-11D85B48F307.jpeg Views:	23 Size:	155.0 KB ID:	299270 Received mine yesterday. Loving all the little scale details. It even has tyre pressure valves on the wheels. However I will be adding a lot more than that. Definitely deepen the cockpit, replace the pilot, weather inside the cockpit. Then get rid of the polka dots and finish with weathering. Made some progress already.
                            Last edited by starcop; Feb 13, 2021, 09:55 PM. Reason: Looks like you can truly do the livery justice! Nice airplane BTW.

Comment

No hideous polka dots... :-)

Tomorrow, I'll do the dorsal surfaces in RLM 70, then mottling with RLM 74 and 75. Then, a bit of light weathering, and she'll be ready to fly.
                              Very nice. Any advice on removing the stickers and what brand and color paint you are using would be appreciated.

Comment

Originally posted by Evan D View Post
                                I assumed the 1600... it has its issues so not really worth it to me.
                                I bought a second hand hobbyking 190,,, was clear all servos had been replaced.. typical of hking gear did not work... flew very well... but at times 200 bucks. Is cheap by the time u replace so much stuff... found that out,,, with my mig 17

Comment

Yes value is totally independent to cost. So far I haven’t replaced anything on the HK FW, but I’ve only flown one flight !! :)

interesting observation about your MiG-17. I’ve got maybe a 100 flights non mine and have replaced nothing and had no quality issues. Original servos, fan, ESC, retracts and modules...

Comment

Originally posted by Gilatrout View Post

Very nice. Any advice on removing the stickers and what brand and color paint you are using would be appreciated.
                                    I’m using color-matched latex paint from Home Depot. The colors are EFlite’s version of RLM 76 (bottom and sides), RLM 74 and RLM 75 (upper surfaces camo). Here are the color codes (satin):

For airbrushing, I mix 4 oz of paint, 1.5 oz of Windex, and 1oz of Floetrol (storing the mixture in an 8-oz squeeze bottle with two 3/16” nuts for agitation) and it airbrushes beautifully. The color-matched RLM 76 is a near perfect match to the stock paint. Floetrol is a flow stabilizer for acrylic and latex paint. It helps the latex flow better through the airbrush and not clog up the nozzle. The downside to using Floetrol is that it significantly increases the cure time of the latex paint. Although, I like paint with fast cure times, I’m willing to accept the longer cure time (hours, instead of minutes, to be able to handle).

I probably could have gotten away with simply over-painting the polka dots, but I’m going to be changing the dorsal surfaces to an RLM 70 and 75 pattern. I am planning to leave the wings and horizontal stab alone.

The decals are vinyl and they pull up easily, but they will pull the paint off with them. I did no extra clean up, nor did I use primer. I went straight to RLM 76 topcoat.

---
                                    Warbirder

Comment

Originally posted by Evan D View Post
                                      Yes value is totally independent to cost. So far I haven’t replaced anything on the HK FW, but I’ve only flown one flight !! :)

interesting observation about your MiG-17. I’ve got maybe a 100 flights non mine and have replaced nothing and had no quality issues. Original servos, fan, ESC, retracts and modules...
                                      I’ve had horrible luck with the gear on my Avios MiG-17 and Starmax FW-190. The gear are totally unreliable. I’ve bought some LX gear controllers to replace the crappy stock controllers, but haven’t gotten around to working on the planes.

I agree with you about value. Market value is determined by the lowest price that a seller is willing to accept and the highest price that a buyer is winning to pay. I’ve been really negative on new EFlite warbirds and jets because of their price points, primarily, but I really enjoy them when I find them at swap-meet prices. This Fw-190, on the other hand, really struck a chord with me (other than the awful attempt at mottling, and attempting to model an air show reproduction, instead of an aircraft that actually served in the war). The gear stance, details, and flight performance are really nice. I hate paying for SAFE-Select and SMART components, because I don’t want them, but I was willing to throw 5 bills st HH, to get this 190. I’d probably have been willing to pay more if it had been a D-9 or a D-13.
                                      ---
                                      Warbirder

Comment

I’ve had horrible luck with the gear on my Avios MiG-17 and Starmax FW-190. The gear are totally unreliable. I’ve bought some LX gear controllers to replace the crappy stock controllers, but haven’t gotten around to working on the planes.

I agree with you about value. Market value is determined by the lowest price that a seller is willing to accept and the highest price that a buyer is winning to pay. I’ve been really negative on new EFlite warbirds and jets because of their price points, primarily, but I really enjoy them when I find them at swap-meet prices. This Fw-190, on the other hand, really struck a chord with me (other than the awful attempt at mottling, and attempting to model an air show reproduction, instead of an aircraft that actually served in the war). The gear stance, details, and flight performance are really nice. I hate paying for SAFE-Select and SMART components, because I don’t want them, but I was willing to throw 5 bills st HH, to get this 190. I’d probably have been willing to pay more if it had been a D-9 or a D-13.
                                        Hello Oxotnik, Sometimes changing or modifying parts, can be very beneficial. If weaker metal or loose retract that wobble for instance. That can translate to more stress than the gear can handle. I've seen a lot of aircraft with really sloppy or weak metal parts. You can always drill and use hardened steel metal, to replace the stock steel posts. alignment is also critical. I'd suggest; from a perspective. Trying to beef up those landing gear components with stronger metal, I hope this makes sense. Happy flights buddy.

Comment

Originally posted by starcop View Post

Hello Oxotnik, Sometimes changing or modifying parts, can be very beneficial. If weaker metal or loose retract that wobble for instance. That can translate to more stress than the gear can handle. I've seen a lot of aircraft with really sloppy or weak metal parts. You can always drill and use hardened steel metal, to replace the stock steel posts. alignment is also critical. I'd suggest; from a perspective. Trying to beef up those landing gear components with stronger metal, I hope this makes sense. Happy flights buddy.
                                          Thanks. I do agree that there is slop in many retracts. I've checked both of these, making sure that I haven't bent the struts, such that they're binding. On the Starmax FW-190, one of the retracts frequently refuses to come down. On the Avios MiG-17, one of the retracts often refuses to retract. It's very frustrating. I don't think that I've tried replacing the retracts themselves. Maybe I should. Well, maybe I would, if HK ever had any parts in stock. :-/
                                          ---
                                          Warbirder

Comment

Working...
                                          X