X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Gilatrout View Post
    The paint job is bloody awful. Polka dots, really?

Click image for larger version

Name:	EFL01350C_A03_DAYPXSW7.jpg?sw=800&sh=800&sm=fit.jpg
Views:	2623
Size:	45.9 KB
ID:	294531
    Easy fix though...

Comment

• Originally posted by starcop View Post

Easy fix though...
      Just takes time.

Comment

• Yep. An airbrush can work miracles. Herr Graf would be proud.
        ---
        Warbirder

Comment

Just takes time.
          Looks Fantastic! Excellent. Yes Sir, it's just time well spent.

Comment

• Originally posted by starcop View Post

Looks Fantastic! Excellent. Yes Sir, it's just time well spent.
            Thank you.

This tail took most of the day and is only one side.

Both sides were painted white and then I generated painting masks to protect the white where the red decals would go. Then on went the yellow.

Then came the part where my computer froze and I lost my decal templates. After recreating the decal templates, and printing them out, I was just able to put them on the one side before getting too tired to keep it up.

Tomorrow, assuming I don't run out of decal paper will be the other side, the paint masks and decals for fuselage crosses, and the swastikas.

I will say that even though this has been a lot of work, this plane has been an absolute joy to repaint.

Comment

Thank you.

This tail took most of the day and is only one side.

Both sides were painted white and then I generated painting masks to protect the white where the red decals would go. Then on went the yellow.

Then came the part where my computer froze and I lost my decal templates. After recreating the decal templates, and printing them out, I was just able to put them on the one side before getting too tired to keep it up.

Tomorrow, assuming I don't run out of decal paper will be the other side, the paint masks and decals for fuselage crosses, and the swastikas.

I will say that even though this has been a lot of work, this plane has been an absolute joy to repaint.
              That is pain-stalkily a lot of work. The final product will be a re-creation of what you see. An Artist at work! Bravo, bravo. Beautiful job!

Comment

• Gilatrout, Beautiful work! After putting work into an aspect of a repaint, and having it turn out well, it's a great sense of accomplishment. Great work. Can't wait to see the fully completed Graf Wurger.
                ---
                Warbirder

Comment

• Yesterday, I put 4 or 5 flights on my Weiss Funf. I was fighting with my dorkcam all day, and only got the camera to stay on for one full flight. The greys and purples are a really good camo; so, I edited out most of the 'invisible plane' and trimming segments of the flight.

A couple thoughts about this video and the flying/landing characteristics of this model...

First off, during this video, I was having to fight the flaps with a lot of down elevator. I usually don't like to mix elevator with flaps, if I don't have to, but this model does need a good helping of DOWN elevator mixed in with the flaps. On the aborted touch-n-go approach, there were several things going on. I was fighting the flaps with a lot of forward pressure, while managing the altitude and descent rate with the throttle, then I hit the ground effect (which is very characteristic of our field when the wind is coming from the south (right)), and the combination resulted in a really ugly approach. I ultimately called a mulligan and eased back into the power to go around. I managed the approach and touchdown MUCH better on the second attempt.

Takeoff. Wow! This plane is an absolute dream to take off. By far, it is the easiest of my planes to take off. Once on the Mains, she tracked perfectly straight, with very little P-factor yaw. After the tail is up and power is further advanced, she eases into the air with a beautifully-scale, low-AOA takeoff.

Flight. The top speed is good. She's not a speed demon, by any stretch of the imagination, but she's not slow either. Top speed is still significantly above scale speed. I was running 90% throw on both the ailerons and elevator (100% on the rudder), and she felt wonderful in the air. I didn't fly at 100% throw, but I wouldn't expect her to be too twitchy with full throws. I didn't do many aerobatic maneuvers in this particular video, but rolls were nicely axial and Immelmanns and Split-S's were very nice during other flights. Even when I cranked pretty hard on the elevator in an Immelmann, I never felt that I was close to an accelerated stall (snap). She was very well behaved and predictable.

Landing. Gotta be on your A Game until the Mains are firmly on the ground. All warbirds need throttle to manage the altitude and elevator for the speed, but it's especially true of this model. When throttle is cut, she slows down quickly and drops like a rock. You've gotta work the throttle all the way to the ground. If you try to glide-land this model (using the elevator to control the descent rate), it'll probably result in a really ugly landing. During the 4 or 5 flights that I did yesterday, I shot a bunch of touch-n-goes. Some were really good, a few were so-so, some were ugly. I had a few approaches there were looking really nice, then right at the end, I'd further reduce the throttle for her to settle in, but she drop more quickly than expected... and would bounce. The compressed springs in the struts really want to unload. Bounces are ugly.

Overall assessment. Takeoff and flying characteristics are wonderful. For landing, use very good technique. She'll be VERY unforgiving of less-than-perfect landings.
                  ---
                  Warbirder

Comment

• Here is my repaint of the e-flite 190. Markings from Callie Graphics of course.

Name:	IMG_3499.JPEG
Views:	800
Size:	243.7 KB
ID:	301044Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3498.JPEG
Views:	770
Size:	268.4 KB
ID:	301045Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3500.JPEG
Views:	772
Size:	267.3 KB
ID:	301046Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3497.JPEG
Views:	757
Size:	276.4 KB
ID:	301047Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3503.JPEG
Views:	767
Size:	333.4 KB
ID:	301048Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3505.JPEG
Views:	765
Size:	228.7 KB
ID:	301049Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3504.JPEG
Views:	807
Size:	244.9 KB
ID:	301050

Comment

• Originally posted by Tim K View Post
                      Here is my repaint of the e-flite 190. Markings from Callie Graphics of course.
                      Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_3499.JPEG Views:	4 Size:	243.7 KB ID:	301044Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_3498.JPEG Views:	4 Size:	268.4 KB ID:	301045Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_3500.JPEG Views:	4 Size:	267.3 KB ID:	301046Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_3497.JPEG Views:	4 Size:	276.4 KB ID:	301047Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_3503.JPEG Views:	4 Size:	333.4 KB ID:	301048Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_3505.JPEG Views:	4 Size:	228.7 KB ID:	301049Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_3504.JPEG Views:	4 Size:	244.9 KB ID:	301050
                      Heinz Bar's Rot 13. Nicely done!! If you have the Flightline Rot 13, too, you should take "Me and Minnie Me" photo. :-)
                      ---
                      Warbirder

Comment

• Originally posted by Oxotnik View Post

Heinz Bar's Rot 13. Nicely done!! If you have the Flightline Rot 13, too, you should take "Me and Minnie Me" photo. :-)
                        Yep, I have the flightline one and the old FMS 190 that I also repainted in Heinz Bar's scheme. I really like Fw190's

Comment

• Any issues with the MRRcsound and the stock ESC? Thanks !

Comment

Nice, the weathering looks great.

Comment

Yep, I have the flightline one and the old FMS 190 that I also repainted in Heinz Bar's scheme. I really like Fw190's
                              You’re not alone there. I have the Starmax 1.6m, EFlite 1.5m, and FlightLine 1.1 m Würgers. Yesterday, I took my FlightLine and EFlites 190s to the field.

---
                              Warbirder

Comment

Work in progress photo. Not the best mini me photo but the 1200mm is on the floor in the background.
                                Attached Files

Comment

• Not all the markings are on, but it is otherwise ready.to maiden.

Comment

Not all the markings are on, but it is otherwise ready.to maiden.
                                    I really like what you did. What paint did you use? I am thinking of a adding a custom look once I get mine.

Looks like you touched up those ugly polka dots too
                                    Happy flying!

Comment

• Originally posted by Cchrissyv1 View Post

I really like what you did. What paint did you use? I am thinking of a adding a custom look once I get mine.

Looks like you touched up those ugly polka dots too
                                      Thank you it was a lot of fun to do. I'm almost thinking about getting another one to do a different scheme.

Rattle cans: I use a graffiti artist paint from Germany that you can find at any serious artist supply store called Montana Cans. The Black label is an lacquer based paint, the gold acrylic. These paints are dry and can mask with the purple 3M tape usually within 5-10min of spraying. You can also get different caps for fine to wide spray.
                                      For RLM76 I used Montana Cans Black - Dove For RLM 04 Montana Cans Gold - Shock Yellow
                                      For the white cowl Montana Cans Gold - Shock White.

For camo, I used AK Interactive Real Colors sprayed on via an airbrush
                                      RC278 - RLM 74
                                      RC278 - RLM75 RC265 - RLM02 for wheel wells and inner gear doors

​​​​​​The rest are water slide decals. Most decals were masked off and underpainted white before application.

Comment

Not all the markings are on, but it is otherwise ready.to maiden.
                                        Just AWESOME!
                                        Current Hanger: FW, F4.F22,F14, Byron T-6, Top Flite P-47, Top Flite P-40, Top RC P-51 H9 P-51, SebArt Avanti, Yellow aircraft Spitfire, T Jeti Extreme Flight EDGE, DS-24 Carbon,

Comment

Here is my repaint of the e-flite 190. Markings from Callie Graphics of course.

Name:	IMG_3499.JPEG
Views:	800
Size:	243.7 KB
ID:	301044Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3498.JPEG
Views:	770
Size:	268.4 KB
ID:	301045Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3500.JPEG
Views:	772
Size:	267.3 KB