X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Gilatrout View Post
    Not all the markings are on, but it is otherwise ready.to maiden.
    Another great rendition! What a difference from the "schlage" that HH doled out....Shame on their producers....

Comment

• an update regarding the customer service component of this airplane - I started a support ticket on Feb 16, received confirmation of the ticket on the 17th, and then received exactly zero support for a week. I contacted them again and they apologized, as well as ask me a few questions. They requested a video, which I sent on Feb 25th. Since then, they've gone dark despite a couple more emails from me asking if they still planned to address my issues. Still nothing.

Horizon does not impress me. Wow, I have to say this is surprising.

Comment

• Here's my FW190, all stock. I might give her a respray one day but I've got too much else going on at the moment so I'll just enjoy her for how she flies!
        Attached Files

Comment

• I received my graphics from Callie and I believe them to be on the small side. I calculated scale of the plane at 1/7 and ordered accordingly. I also ordered the nomenclature and find those to be on the large side. If I did it again, I'd order the 1/6 scale decal sheet.
          Attached Files

Comment

• Originally posted by Phatbob View Post
            I received my graphics from Callie and I believe them to be on the small side. I calculated scale of the plane at 1/7 and ordered accordingly. I also ordered the nomenclature and find those to be on the large side. If I did it again, I'd order the 1/6 scale decal sheet.
            callie will fix whatever problems you tell her about

Comment

• My 1/7 scale nomenclature decals also looks a bit on the large size. I'm not too worried about it though.
              ---
              Warbirder

Comment

• Originally posted by Gilatrout View Post

callie will fix whatever problems you tell her about
                I know Callie well make good. It's no big deal to me. I just wanted to give a heads up. If I replaced the decals, I'll be in for some paint repair. I'm going to live with what I have.

Comment

• Thanks for letting others know!

Comment

• JUST LOVE THAT CALLIE!
                    Current Hanger: FW, F4.F22,F14, Byron T-6, Top Flite P-47, Top Flite P-40, Top RC P-51 H9 P-51, SebArt Avanti, Yellow aircraft Spitfire, T Jeti Extreme Flight EDGE, DS-24 Carbon,

Comment

• Torpedo bomber? I love it!

Comment

• Here is my maiden flight of the FW190. Our club was swampy this morning so I went to the play field by a school I sometimes fly at. The grass was pretty tall but the plane handled it well. Much better than the old FMS 190. The video isn't much, just a gopro hat cam. Everything was setup by the book with CG at 110mm

Comment

• I took my Weiss 5 to the field today and sortied her four times, primarily shooting touch-n-goes. I wrote up my thoughts on landing this plane over on RCG. I won't rewrite that here, but here's the direct link to that post, if anyone is interested in reading my thoughts on what it takes to make decent landings with this plane.
                          RC Groups - the most active Radio Control model community: electric and fuel rc airplanes,rc helis,rc boats and rc cars. Features discussion forums, blogs, videos and classifieds.

In a nutshell, if you have poor landing technique (suck as try to glide in, or coming in too fast), expect ugly landings. This plane really wants to be 3-pointed, and is VERY unforgiving of less-than-perfect landings.

I did finally get my White 5 decals from Callie and got them on.

---
                          Warbirder

Comment

• A friend added his to the schwarm today

Comment

• Originally posted by Phatbob View Post
                              Any issues with the MRRcsound and the stock ESC? Thanks !
                              Sound cards do no work with the new ESC, must be swapped out!

Comment

• I sortied White 5 four or five times yesterday. Flew once with an EFlite 1.5m Mustang. It was an off-landing day for me. The winds were virtually still, and maybe that threw me off. Some days, it's just hard to get in the groove. Here're a few still photos and videos from yesterday.

---
                                Warbirder

Comment

• I'm confused by this answer. The sound system needs to be powered by the correct voltage and then the signal needs to come from the receiver, usually Y'd or mixed to throttle. What does the ESC have to do with it and why are you saying it has to be swapped out?

Originally posted by MANFRED View Post

Sound cards do no work with the new ESC, must be swapped out!
                                  Originally posted by Phatbob View Post
                                  Any issues with the MRRcsound and the stock ESC? Thanks !

Comment

• Evan, this is the second Eflite model I have had to switch out the new spectrum escs to get the mr rc sound card to work. Seems there is a direct path between the esc and the receiver the speak to each other, putting a Y on the throttle line does not work. Even the wizards at Horizon and Mr.Rcsound had no answer to this issue. Ask me how I know. By the way, she sounds fantastic in the air on sweeping fly bys! So much fun to fly this ship.
                                    Attached Files

Comment

• Originally posted by MANFRED View Post
                                      Evan, this is the second Eflite model I have had to switch out the new spectrum escs to get the mr rc sound card to work. Seems there is a direct path between the esc and the receiver the speak to each other, putting a Y on the throttle line does not work. Even the wizards at Horizon and Mr.Rcsound had no answer to this issue. Ask me how I know. By the way, she sounds fantastic in the air on sweeping fly bys! So much fun to fly this ship.
                                      Interesting. Reading this makes me think the following might be going on.

Smart esc is now sending lots of telemetry information to the receiver and receiver is sending info to esc such as throttle state.

My guess is that the sound card cannot disambiguate the throttle state in the signal.

I'm going to speculate that other channels will not have this same concern. The problem is the stock receiver is 6 channels and there is no free channel for mixing the throttle for the sound card. I wonder if swapping the receiver for the new 8 channel will work around the problem?

Comment

• Yes, this is interesting... Maybe odd is a better word. Thanks for the response.

Comment

• The smart stuff is backwards compatible with generic equipment, but my bet would be when paired together (Rx and ESC) they switch to a serial data connection (after performing a handshake on power up) which allows for duplex communication of Rx signal and ESC telemetry over the single wire. Someone like Andy Kunz would probably be able to provide insights.

Its a chilling look at Horizons vision for the hobby. Their new batteries have even done away with balance connectors...
                                          ​​​​​

Comment

Working...
                                          X