X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by James View Post
    Hey guys. Working on my first gasser! Wanted to dry fit the engine first. This is the NGH 17cc 2 stroke. The way the exhaust is on this one, I had to reverse it but got it to fit like a glove.

Now I will remove the engine and run it up on a test stand before final install
    Yes sir, that should work quite well.

Comment

that is a big ass muffler how much did u have to cut ?

Comment

My first flights.

Daan

Comment

That on the stock gear?

Comment

Originally posted by rifleman_btx View Post
            That on the stock gear?
            Yes it is. But am going to replace it with the landing gear of the flightline F4U corsair.
            The originals are already slightly bent.

Comment

Just glad it held up though the video, but of course mine is landing on grass and it busted the gear quickly

Comment

ive asked on rc groups tfor someone to measure the f4u gear to see if it will fit and as usual no answer its a shame we have to pay so much more for nexa planes then when they were vq just bcause they put the worst struts ever made on there nexa birds lol

Comment

Originally posted by Ron1950 View Post
                  ive asked on rc groups tfor someone to measure the f4u gear to see if it will fit and as usual no answer its a shame we have to pay so much more for nexa planes then when they were vq just bcause they put the worst struts ever made on there nexa birds lol

Comment

thankyou sir thats what i needed didnt want to spend 90 bucks on something tht would be too small or too large

Comment

thankyou sir thats what i needed didnt want to spend 90 bucks on something tht would be too small or too large
                      No problem.
                      whether these will be strong enough that is the question. I have not yet flown with this landing gear.

Comment

That would be excellent if they are. I just worry about the plastic.

Comment

If you are not happy with the struts on any of the Nexa birds, please let me know. We pay a lot of extra money to the factory to have the retracts installed at the factory and the upgraded shock absorbing struts included. In their prior iteration, these planes came without retracts and included basic pig tail struts. I despised the look of those thin wire struts. I feel like they ruined the scale look of the planes. I also never liked trying to find the correct set of retracts to fit a particular plane and then trying to find a nice strut to fit the plane and the retract. This is why I insisted we have the retracts pre-installed and a much higher quality set of shock absorbing struts included (which is why the price is higher). The idea was to have a better product that would not require an upgrade or a search to try and find the right item to fit the plane. Please send me a PM if you see something that needs improvement.

Comment

Originally posted by Tom View Post

If you are not happy with the struts on any of the Nexa birds, please let me know. We pay a lot of extra money to the factory to have the retracts installed at the factory and the upgraded shock absorbing struts included. In their prior iteration, these planes came without retracts and included basic pig tail struts. I despised the look of those thin wire struts. I feel like they ruined the scale look of the planes. I also never liked trying to find the correct set of retracts to fit a particular plane and then trying to find a nice strut to fit the plane and the retract. This is why I insisted we have the retracts pre-installed and a much higher quality set of shock absorbing struts included (which is why the price is higher). The idea was to have a better product that would not require an upgrade or a search to try and find the right item to fit the plane. Please send me a PM if you see something that needs improvement.
                            It wasn't the struts it's the retract units themselves that are having major problems on this bird on grass fields especially. The plastic trunions failed on the third flight with mine, and the gear folded up. That is that the number one problem. Every sense I switched to the all aluminum eflites never had a problem again.

Comment

Thanks for the feedback. It sounds like the PZ twist and turn retracts have an issue. I'll see what we can do about using a different brand for the twist and turn retracts.

Comment

Thatll work, I mean when I can take them and fold them open and closed by hand with just holding the mounting ears there's definitely room for improvement. Once you get some better units locked in for these, these planes will be a complete solid value. Thanks for hearing us!

Comment

finally got around to maiden the f6f it was slow with a fms 300kv motor and 3 blade 14x9 prop so took it home and put in a fms 360 kv motor and 15x10 2 blade prop more on this tomorrow
                                  Nexa F6F maiden - YouTube

Nexa F6f landing on maiden - YouTube

Comment

I had forgotten what the kv was for my hellcat motor. I do fly it around 1/2 throttle

Comment

put in a fms 360 motor and 15x10 2 blade prop much faster then yesterday and flys great at half throttle now not at full all the time like yesterdays vid...a really great flying plane... so far the gear is holding up but we will see what happens...

(1) Nexa F6f with 360 kv motor and 15/10 two blade prop. Much faster then yesterday - YouTube

Comment

Yeah that definitely looked better

Comment

Lost (crashed that is) my Dauntless (The Phoenix model) last week, and I'm going to put the electronics in this Nexa F6F model.
                                          I'm deciding what to do about the retracts.
                                          If I went with the crazy expensive E-fllite retracts would it be the same setup used on the H9 F6F (inluding OLEO)?
                                          EFLG520 60-120 95deg electric rotating retracts
                                          EFLG520F4U shock-absorbing strut set

Comment

Working...
                                          X