Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The way it looks in the end the H9 will be cheaper if you're not worried about flaps and the shiny film covering. The H9 is a little bigger, but in the end needs the purchase of retracts if you want them. But you will have to buy those same retracts or something different, as the ones that come with the nexa I wouldn't trust. If you fly off a paved runway they may hold fine, but the grass, I believe the stock gear is on borrowed time. But yes if you intend on upgrading the gear the h9 is cheaper (with the purchase of retracts), but if you plan to keep the stock retracts and hope for the best with the nexa would come out cheaper

Comment

I'm set on the Nexa model, my question really is what are the options for drop in retract replacements.
      Seems like "Daan VDE" has used the Flightline F4U option (would love to hear how that's holding up)
      Then there's the e-flites, but I can't tell if the 25-46 size or the 60-120 size are recommended or would even fit.
      It's infuriating we can't get mechanical drawings for most of these things.

Comment

this is my f6 with a fms 360kv motor and 15x10 2 blade prop... still have the stock landing gear but have the fms 1700mm f4u gear ordered cause the stock gear will not hold up even off our short grass (only have 2 landings on it so far)

Nexa F6f with 360 kv motor and 15/10 two blade prop. Much faster then yesterday - YouTube
        Nexa F6f landing on maiden - YouTube

Comment

Those videos look great!
          Do you know for certain the FMS retracts fit and work well on this model?

Comment

The eflite I went with the 25-46. Perfect fit.

Comment

Originally posted by rifleman_btx View Post
              The eflite I went with the 25-46. Perfect fit.
              Did you go with the 85 or 100 degree set?

Comment

100° set, it's right on with the old stock gear, I think it actually looks even better, position wise

Comment

I've found the recommended servos for the flaps from motionrc (which were Hitec HS-85BB/17g micro servos) don't appear to fit in the wing. I have some 9G micros that would go right in. I'm wondering what you all used for flap servos?

Comment

i took a xacto knife and shaved the sides of the wing openings and made them fit..its not hard just count your fingers after you finish lol

Comment

Originally posted by Ron1950 View Post
                      i took a xacto knife and shaved the sides of the wing openings and made them fit..its not hard just count your fingers after you finish lol
                      With 17g or 9g servos?

Comment

Originally posted by rifleman_btx View Post
                        100° set, it's right on with the old stock gear, I think it actually looks even better, position wise
                        Thanks for the info.

Comment

Originally posted by joshc011 View Post
                          With 17g or 9g servos?
                          I also have the recommended servos from Motion for the flaps(17g). I looked last night and its gonna take a small amount of "surgery" to get them to fit. Very minor and the fit will be snug.

Comment

Originally posted by Daan VDE View Post
                            I noticed from the photos that the Corsair retract mount is alittle smaller. Did you have to do any modifications for them to fit otherwise? Also, do they retract and fit into the wing or did that take any modification? Thanks for the heads up.

Comment

Is everyone tail heavy?
                              Preliminary balance check has me adding 200g of lead to the nose of this bird to balance her at the recommended CG of 92-96mm.
                              I was expecting AUW of ~3500g and now its looking more like 4000g. Is that about where you all are ending up?

Comment

Originally posted by joshc011 View Post
                                I'm set on the Nexa model, my question really is what are the options for drop in retract replacements.
                                Seems like "Daan VDE" has used the Flightline F4U option (would love to hear how that's holding up)
                                Then there's the e-flites, but I can't tell if the 25-46 size or the 60-120 size are recommended or would even fit.
                                It's infuriating we can't get mechanical drawings for most of these things.
                                I made 3 more flights yesterday.
                                the landing gear is still okay.

I had to make a small adjustment.
                                the landing legs are a little too long.
                                see photo for mod
                                (small screw of 1cm)

Comment

no not tail heavy as i used a fms 5060 300kv motor and 4000ma 6s battery .. the fms 1700 f4u retracts are also a bit too long so had to cut some of the bottom of the wheel wells to make the stock tires fit,,, beleave me if dean's mod fits it would be much easer to work with...i will say that the fms struts are very strong though,,i always seem to be chopping up these arf planes lol you would think id be better at it by now

as far as the 9g or 17g servos in the wing i really dont remember what i used but i think it was what ever the manual recommended

Comment

Mine has been spotted on, and I'm just running a 4500, and no weight

Comment

I've decided to go ahead and get a bigger motor. This is really messing up the "financial" plan for this airplane, but I just can't bring myself to put 200g of dead weight in the cowling for balance.
                                      She clearly wants a bigger motor, so I'm going to run a rimfire 1.20 with 6s 4000mah battery and a 14x9 3 blade MA prop. I'm also gonna try the Retracts from the F4u 1600. Same as Daan VDE.
                                      AUW should hold steady at 4000g (but without having to add the dead weight for balance)

Comment

Just received the flightline F4u landing gear.. It's so much more solid feeling than the nexa. And looks way better too. The wheels that came on them seem too big to ever fit neatly in the f6f wheel wells, but whatever, I have loads of wheels that can easily mount to the landing gear

Comment

I just ordered the Nexa Hellcat. I wish it was bigger, but I love the covering and scheme. I am trying to find the right powerplant, but I cannot find the dimensions of the cowling. It says the clearance from the firewall to the prop is 106-108mm, yet the engine that MotionRC recommends (NGH 17cc) has a 113mm distance. Someone put a Saito FG11 in theirs and it fit perfectly at 115mm...and this leaves no room between the engine and the firewall! Some of these airplane plans are so frustrating! I am actually looking at the FG19-R3, but the clearance is 130mm, with a radius of 169mm (6.7inches). Plus it weighs a lot more than the NGH 17. Captains RC has a great video of it with the FG-11 here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gf9xj0tNbZw and says that a 14 would probably work very well in it. I love his exhaust mod that he does and will probably do it. You can see kind of what is done here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OeVZMG_gbQo. If the R3 won't work (which I doubt it will), then I will go with a 14 if I can find one. I am ordering the E-Flite 25-46 100deg retracts. What do ya'll suggest? My previous experience is my DLE-20 Phoenix Corsair, Dynaflite PT-19 with a DLE35RA, and my TF P51 with a DLE55RA (not completed). I had these planes equipped with engines recommended from friends and I am still trying to learn what is best for what. I have lots of electric experience, but I want to use gas in my warbirds.
                                          Click image for larger version  Name:	Saito FG19R3 Size Drawing.png Views:	0 Size:	167.2 KB ID:	315369

Comment

Working...
                                          X