Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Official Nexa 1535mm F6F Hellcat - ARF Thread

F6F Hellcat 1535mm (60.4") Wingspan - ARF from Nexa - NXA1010-001

The F6F made its combat debut in September 1943, and was best known for its role as a rugged, well-designed carrier fighter, which was able to outperform the A6M Zero and help secure air superiority over the Pacific theater. A total of 12,275 were built in just over two years. Hellcats were credited with destroying a total of 5,223 enemy aircraft while in service with the U.S. Navy, U.S. Marine Corps, and Royal Navy Fleet Air Arm. This was more than any other Allied naval aircraft. Postwar, the Hellcat was phased out of front-line service, but remained in service as late as 1954 as a night fighter.

The Nexa F6F Hellcat is a .50 size electric or gas option scale series warbird with a 1570mm wingspan, constructed primarily from balsa wood and covered with a fuel-resistant covering. This ARF requires assembly and installation of your choice of servos and power system, and includes flaps, painted pilot, machine gun, antenna and other scale details. The large battery hatch affords ample room for either electric or gas setups. To complete the scale appeal of this beautiful F6F, the model includes electric retracts and scale struts. Impress at your flying field with this iconic stunner!
    Fully Covered and Detailed

The Nexa F6F Hellcat comes fully covered including simulated panel lines, rivets, nomenclature and weathering detail.
    Scale Details Throughout

There is no shortage of scale details with this F6F including functional flaps, antenna, machine guns, painted pilot, electric retracts and metal main struts.
    Prehinged and Installed Control Surfaces

All control surfaces come out of the box fully prehinged and installed for your convenience.
    Large Battery Hatch

The F6F has a large battery hatch area to fit an array of LiPo battery sizes.
    FEATURES:
    • Complete Balsa and lite-ply construction for rigidity and durability
    • Covered from tip to tail in scale details including weathering, functional split flaps, printed simulated panel lines and rivets
    • Fiberglass cowling for strength and durability
    • The hand-painted pilot is ready for your added cockpit details
    • All control surfaces come out of the box pre-hinged and installed for convenience
    • Large battery hatch allows for your chosen electric or gas setup
    INCLUDES:
    • Nexa F6F Hellcat 1535mm (60.4") Wingspan - ARF
    • Electric retracts, wheels and struts
    • Fuel tank, hardware and servo trays
    REQUIRES:GAS REQUIRES:Customer Note
    Nexa ARF models are constructed out of balsa wood and plywood. These are not foam models. The assembly of balsa wood ARF aircraft requires basic model building skills including the installation of servos, ESC, and motor (or gas engine).
    PRODUCT SPECIFICATIONS:

AGE LEVEL : 14 AND UP
    SKILL LEVEL : INTERMEDIATE
    BUILD TIME : 6+ HOURS
    Model Scale 1/9
    Wingspan 1535mm / 60.4in
    Length 1130mm / 44.4in
    Weight 3500g / 123.4oz
    CG (Center of Gravity) 92-96mm from the leading edge of the wing's root
    Power System 400kV Brushless outrunner motor for electric or 2-stroke for gas (required)
    Electronic Speed Control 65A (required)
    Propeller / EDF 15x8 2-blade for electric or 15x8 gas 2-blade for gas (required)
    Servos 45g metal gear standard: left aileron, right aileron, elevator, rudder
    17g metal gear standard: left flap, right flap
    Landing Gear Electric retractable (included)
    Required Battery 6 Cell 22.2V 4000 mAh LiPo Battery (required)
    Required Radio 7+ Channel (required)
    Ailerons Yes
    Elevator Yes
    Rudder Yes
    Flaps Yes
    Lights No
    Hinge Type Nylon
    Material Balsa and light plywood
    Skill Level Intermediate
    Build Time 6+ Hours
    Recommended Environment Outdoors

Have my first gripe with this plane and that is the retracts. They folded up on takeoff

Comment

if you remember i wrote about that in the unoffical f6f thread that was started way before the offical thread lol.....said it didnt seem like the retracts were all that strong lol..still havent flown mine yet

Comment

I would definitely replace them, they lasted about 3 flights and then down they went. I'd get the eflite ones, that is my plan for this.

Comment

The 25 - 46 100-Degree Rotating Electric Retracts by E-flite is a quality built remote controlled airplane accessory. See all our RC product options online at Horizon Hobby!

Comment

ill prob end up getting a set ..wonder if i can take them off my income tax lol btw where is the vid of you flying the f6
            hey keep us informed on fitting these retracts they look a hell of alot stronger then the plastic crap that comes in the kit

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	EEE7D078-0E18-4E3F-A23A-7305CD2074BD.jpeg
Views:	1550
Size:	203.6 KB
ID:	304881

Comment

It will fly or die soon lol

Comment

Ron,

what size motor and 3 blade prop are you running on your F6F?

Comment

msdt sorry i dont remember the prop size but its something like 16/10 or so the motor is a fms 300kv on 6s thinking of useing the 360kv fms motor and a 85a esc

Comment

Ron1950 Don't be afraid of using the FL 1600 Corsair 18 inch 3 blade prop (if its got ground clearance) with that 360kV FMS motor …………. that's what I have on my CZ T-28
                      Warbird Charlie
                      HSD Skyraider FlightLine OV-10 FMS 1400: P-40B, P-51, F4U, F6F, T-28, P-40E, Pitts, 1700 F4U & F7F, FOX glider Freewing A-6, T-33, P-51 Dynam ME-262, Waco TF Giant P-47; ESM F7F-3 LX PBJ-1 EFL CZ T-28, C-150, 1500 P-51 & FW-190

Comment

Thanks OV

Comment

hey rifleman what about the FMS Electronic Retract Set, Front: F4U V3 (2) | Horizon Hobby for the new retracts...got to be getter then paying 163 to hh not sure of the pin size but metal trunions

Comment

I'd do it honestly, the ones I got were full aluminum but I think these as long as they have the brass bushing insert will work great.

Comment

I’m looking at this bird and was wondering about the quality of the retracts. Thanks for posting the info on them guys. The ones that were on Nexa/VQ P47 were garbage as well. I was wondering if the FMS or Flightline Corsair retracts would work in this bird. Is there room to go to a bigger tire size?

Comment

I had been thinking about the Nexa f6f hellcat, but if the retracts are garbage then I'll probably look to the hangar 9 f6f instead. Then I can just get good retracts to put in it. And things will end up around the same price anyway.

Comment

Ncflyer. I think the fms f4u retracts might work and they appear to have metal trunions. Think both gear and retract are about 54 bucks. Thats what i will try for mine.

Comment

Hey guys. Working on my first gasser! Wanted to dry fit the engine first. This is the NGH 17cc 2 stroke. The way the exhaust is on this one, I had to reverse it but got it to fit like a glove.

Now I will remove the engine and run it up on a test stand before final install

Comment

"

Comment

Originally posted by Ron1950 View Post
                                        Ncflyer. I think the fms f4u retracts might work and they appear to have metal trunions. Think both gear and retract are about 54 bucks. Thats what i will try for mine.
                                        Let us know how it goes, so far the eflites haven't failed me. But if those work well, would be an excellent cheaper alternative vs these that I bought.

Comment

Working...
                                        X