You must Sign-in or Register to post messages in the Hobby Squawk community
Registration is FREE and only takes a few moments

Register now

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Warbird wing tips. A way to save the paint when it wing tips over.

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Warbird wing tips. A way to save the paint when it wing tips over.

Just something that works very well, if you should accidentally have one of the wingtips hit your runway. Sometimes the wind is a big factor, it can tip a wing just sitting there. Clear Gorilla tape works excellent. Keep those wings looking fresh. Wal-mart or is where you can purchase.
    Attached Files

Great idea Matt! Never thought of that to be honest. Nice, clean way to help out those wing tips when the time arises.
    My YouTube RC videos:
    https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

Originally posted by Aros View Post
      Great idea Matt! Never thought of that to be honest. Nice, clean way to help out those wing tips when the time arises.
      I was looking for the LX build. Do you have a link? Thank you, "Sir"!

Comment

Are you talking about your LX P-40 build thread? It's here...

I'm getting closer to the completion of the LX model P-40 Warhawk. Although my Russian build friends told me, I should hide certain parts from my wife. I don't understand why.
        My YouTube RC videos:
        https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

I've use associated RC car chassis protector sheet for years, about 40. A lot thicker than Gorilla Tape and very slick and hard to wear, but not as easy to find.

Comment

Originally posted by Evan D View Post
            I've use associated RC car chassis protector sheet for years, about 40. A lot thicker than Gorilla Tape and very slick and hard to wear, but not as easy to find.
            ProTek RC Universal Chassis Protective Sheet (Black) (2) [PTK-1102] | Cars & Trucks - AMain Hobbies Although, I don't want to take away business from Motion RC. I also, love to help others when I can.

Comment

When you end up with a War bird with Narrow gear, and it ends up being hard to keep from tipping the wing tip I just put on a set of these. Some RC War Birds are notorious for tipping after landing no matter How great your Piloting skills These work great
              Click image for larger version

Name:	skids.jpg
Views:	291
Size:	135.5 KB
ID:	301846

Comment

[QUOTE=Wild Man;n301845]When you end up with a War bird with Narrow gear, and it ends up being hard to keep from tipping the wing tip I just put on a set of these. Some RC War Birds are notorious for tipping after landing no matter How great your Piloting skills These work great
                Click image for larger version

Name:	skids.jpg
Views:	291
Size:	135.5 KB
ID:	301846[/QUOT

Yes, they do. I haven't seen those in forever. Ha!

Comment

Even hobby town carries these tip protectors or ebay

Comment

Originally posted by Ron1950 View Post
                    Even hobby town carries these tip protectors or ebay
                    Wow, Air Traffic Control must have been very stressful at times. I think that a big Accomplishment type of work to have experienced. It's really awesome to see what people have accomplished in their life here on the Motion RC website.

Comment

star its not all that stressfull a job..its what you make of it..now i admit i never worked at a top level tower like atl or dallas but did get the the next level down from there..if you like what your doing its a pleasure to go to work every day

Comment

Working...
                      X